• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/25 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Canadiens 7

Rate this topic

Nobody in their right mind would think that Holland shouldn't make a "major" move before the trade deadline. Certainly not after what the viewers saw versus MTL. An absolute disaster and a definite reflection on Babcock. This was an easy 2 points and what happened tonight would've never happened under Bowman. Babcock is not a good motivator. Not by any stretch of the imagination. Don't ask me how the Wings are in 1st with this guy behind the bench?

Helm was the best player the Wings had tonight. Possibly he and Datsuyk were the onoly players motivated to actually win the game. Stuart and Kronwall were both sound asleep. Not to mention "inept" Kindl, Ericsson and Commodore. All "trade bait". Or should be. Ericsson is a definite liability. Too slow, too clumsy, not smart and it almost always shows. Especially tonight. What was Holland thinking with this guy? Kindl will in all likelyhood wind-up back with Grand Rapids. Can't see it any other way. And don't ask me what the acquisition of Commodore was all about? You get what you pay for, Kenny.

Obviously, the defense was lost tonight with the absence of Lidstrom and it was quite obvious. Not a good thing. Not at all. Expect a major move or two soon after the All-Star break. Otherwise.........no chance of a Stanley Cup. Not after what we saw tonight against a mediocre hockey team.

And our token overreaction :)

Wings record without Lidstrom is like 6-18

To the poster above, that is one of the dumbest posts I have ever heard. Babs is the BEST coach in the hockey world, undisputidely. The plays respect him and listen to him and believe in his system. And, unlike most coaches, he is always looking to do different things, to look to others to better himself and his team. Simply put, when he talks, ever single player on the team gathers and listens.

I had the honor to meet Mike Babcock on Monday when my team played at the Joe, where he came in and talked to the team. He is a great coach, and a great person on top of that. IMO he is the best coach not named Scotty Bowman. Also, you are whining about Babcock for not motivating the players enough? It is an 82 game season... we will not be perfect. We had 7 straight wins, are 1st overall, and were missing our captain and arguably our best player in Nick. Babs knows this team and knows that he cant just yell at them all the time because they are veterans... he has to pick his battles. For example, he challenged them against the Blues on Monday and they responded... but tonight he realized that it would be hopeless.

Some people need to relax. Yes we lost in pathetic fashion tonight, but it was NOT Mike Babcock's fault. If anything, this loss will present changes to Babs, such as putting Hank with Pavs consistently, and a few other things. Lets accept the loss, hope the players rest up and be honoured that we are fans of the greatest team in hockey.

Guest Crymson

Nobody in their right mind would think that Holland shouldn't make a "major" move before the trade deadline. Certainly not after what the viewers saw versus MTL. An absolute disaster and a definite reflection on Babcock. This was an easy 2 points and what happened tonight would've never happened under Bowman. Babcock is not a good motivator. Not by any stretch of the imagination. Don't ask me how the Wings are in 1st with this guy behind the bench?

Helm was the best player the Wings had tonight. Possibly he and Datsuyk were the onoly players motivated to actually win the game. Stuart and Kronwall were both sound asleep. Not to mention "inept" Kindl, Ericsson and Commodore. All "trade bait". Or should be. Ericsson is a definite liability. Too slow, too clumsy, not smart and it almost always shows. Especially tonight. What was Holland thinking with this guy? Kindl will in all likelyhood wind-up back with Grand Rapids. Can't see it any other way. And don't ask me what the acquisition of Commodore was all about? You get what you pay for, Kenny.

Obviously, the defense was lost tonight with the absence of Lidstrom and it was quite obvious. Not a good thing. Not at all. Expect a major move or two soon after the All-Star break. Otherwise.........no chance of a Stanley Cup. Not after what we saw tonight against a mediocre hockey team.

Give me a break. You make it seem as if good teams never lose to bad teams.

Lol @ people who think we lost 7-2 because Lidstrom didn't play. It would have been the exact same score. Like the wings never take a night off when Lidstrom plays. Jesus christ.

Jesus Christ is right. We took a night off whether Lidstrom was in the lineup or not. Doesn't really matter does it? We got beat by a s*** team. Ugly. What should be said? Move on yes. Team was bad tonight and got out played in ever aspect of the game. About as bad as the Capitals blowout, yes? You have any concerns/

We make a hot St Louis team look like a bunch of goons but lose by 5 to a team right before the All Star break and people are more worried about the loss. I know it wasn't pretty but c'mon people, it's not like it's a season ender.

We make a hot St Louis team look like a bunch of goons but lose by 5 to a team right before the All Star break and people are more worried about the loss. I know it wasn't pretty but c'mon people, it's not like it's a season ender.

Season is definitely not over. But yes losing tonight center stage again to a s***/mediocre team is what? Good or bad? Or something else? No it's not the end of the world or season. But s*** to be be disappointed tonight is the feeling I'm getting. Just unbelievable. Not surprised but we have a Canadian road trip coming up and if this is any sign (I hope that it isn't). Well the home and away records speak for themselves...

I can pretty much laugh this one off and say their heads just weren't in it. Still a great first "half" of the season so hopefully they just put it behind them, rest up and get ready for the next half. Those saying this wouldn't happen under Bowman and are blaming Babcock are being childish. I wouldn't want any other coach in the league and I guarantee he has his team ready to play every game. This game wasn't his fault.

Just chock this up to a bad game. After a long win streak, it was bound to happen. I am disappointed with the effort and the loss tonight, but putting the game into perspective, it is just a single game. They will get yelled at for this crap effort and come back strong after the break.

When this team loses they really lose. Haha.

Well the wings thoroughly sucked. But it happens, looks like everyone was on the all star break already.

Not sure why so many people are freaking out saying this team isn't any good. Didn't the Wings lose something like 6 in a row in '08? This was just 1 loss. Big deal.

Based on what we have seen all season I think that Ericsson has been a huge mistake for the Wings. Kindl may get better in time but he is usually paired with Ericsson and I am not sure that will help his game. I wonder if Edmonton would take him for Hemsky?

Guest irishock

Your susposed to beat teams like Isles and Habs, that way if you do lose to teams like Chicago and St Louis is doesn't really impact the standings.

Well it does impact the standings. Chicago and St. Louis would earn 2 pts instead of dropping a point or two if they beat us.

Err... yeah.

In 2010, the Wings won 3-2 at JLA. In 2007, the Wings won 4-1 in Montreal.

Some frustration I can understand, but comments like this take it too far.

I don't see all the games, so that's why I said I can't "remember" them winning in a long time. Why do you have to be such a flaming dickhead with all of your replies? Not just to me, but to just about everyone on this board. This place would be a better place without your presence. I would be very interested how many people you've driven off this board. But I'm guessing that would be something you're proud of.

Your susposed to beat teams like Isles and Habs, that way if you do lose to teams like Chicago and St Louis is doesn't really impact the standings.

We're beating Chicago and St Louis. I'd rather beat them and lose these games than the other way around.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Guest Crymson

I don't see all the games, so that's why I said I can't "remember" them winning in a long time. Why do you have to be such a flaming dickhead with all of your replies? Not just to me, but to just about everyone on this board. This place would be a better place without your presence. I would be very interested how many people you've driven off this board. But I'm guessing that would be something you're proud of.

It's unfortunate that I've made you angry. Rarely is it my intent to be a "flaming dickhead" (interesting choice of words, by the way), though I'm aware that I often come across poorly on the Internet.

As for your speculation, I'm thinking probably zero. It's anyone's guess, but when a person is "driven off" of the boards, it's generally because their opinion or attitude is reacted to negatively by a great deal of people, not just one. More, it most often occurs in close proximity to their registration on the boards.

This game only reinforced what I had suspected. No thank you on Subban. What an immature player.

Almost the entire team was garbage tonight, but I think Kindl may have secured his place behind Commie tonight.

Agreed on both counts.

And Ericsson, despite the opportunity to play top minutes, spectacularly crapped the bed. I think I've permanently lost patience with him. I hope that Babcock and Holland will come to feel the same way.

Edited by Crymson

This seems to be a very typical Wings habit. Whenever there is speculation of a team taking a game off, the Wings seem to fit the description perfectly. Last game before all star break, missing your captain = Wings not giving a s***

Post lockout, the Red Wings are 5-7-3 without Lidstrom. Disregarding how amazing it is that he has only missed 15 games in that time frame (and recognizing the fact that it is a small sample size), it makes you cringe a little bit thinking about him retiring anytime in the near future.

And yes, I recognize this game was long gone with or without Lidstrom.

I'm in my right mind and I don't think a major move needs to happen. A couple minor moves will suffice. Now stop getting your knee-jerk reaction all over me.