• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:38 PM

He's definitely making his case to be the #2 goalie.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#42 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

Will the Red Wings waive Conklin and send him to GR? Or will they send Joey back to GR and claim they want to "maintain their assets"? I'm not sure how long Joey has until he's no longer waiver-exempt or whatever. Isn't it a 30-day period or something like that?

#43 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:57 AM

I considered today a big game, it wasn't the playoffs, and it really didn't make a determination in the standings, but considering what was on the line with the home win record, Joey solidified himself even more. If this were the workplace and Joey was displaying this kind of work ethic right now, i'd say "your hired" and figure out the rest later. The Wings can't justify sending him back down once Howard returns after what he's done for us these past few weeks.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#44 USNAVYABH

USNAVYABH

Jr. Prospect

• 22 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

KEEP JOEY

#45 sandyeggo wingnut

sandyeggo wingnut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

I actually caught him salute the fans after a save when they were cheering too in the middle of gameplay. :clap:

Saw that. How many times does the crowd start a chant for the third goalie just called up?

Aside from the defensive breakdown with *30f****** SECONDS LEFT* he made some killer saves.

Edited by sandyeggo wingnut, 15 February 2012 - 09:04 AM.

#46 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:17 AM

Good back up stats - 6 GP 4W 1L 1OTL 142 SA 132 SV .930SV% 1.72 GAA

Bad back up stats - 11 GP 3W 5L 0OTL 263 SA 231 SV .878SV% 3.40 GAA

This isn't a competition anymore. Joey has won the job, he'll play back to back's the rest of the year, he'll sit on the bench and work the clip board. Nuff said.

I agree, but the backups to the best teams in the NHL are playing every 4 games. I would rather see Joey playing more often than just on back to back days. Keep him fresh and ready for action. Part of the problem with Conklin was the fact that he wasn't getting steady starts. If they are going to keep Joey up, then put him to work every so often.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain