67 replies to this topic

#21 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:38 AM

Right.

11 goals, 27 points. one each less than Bert. plus Cleary plays on the PK. And tonight coming back after a knee injury.

He may not be having a career year, but he's hardly s***.

:thumbup:

This and he's humble player. I like Cleary and all but I don't like him on the 2nd line. Decisions, decisions...

#22 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:14 AM

Cleary is someone we'll need in the playoffs because he gets grittier and is a bit more physical than the majority of our guys and that's what we'll need. Not exactly Maltby, but of the same nature.

And yeah, Mursak on the second line would really be lights out. :thumbdown:

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#23 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

Lol, what a dumb thread. As already pointed out (and should have been obvious to any Wings fan) last night was Clearys first game back after being out.

By your logic, we should get rid of Jimmy too since he lost last night.

*rolls eyes*

Except Jimmy had NO rust last night and kept Detroit in a game they clearly didn't want to win very bad. Cleary had rust but yes, he does hustle. One of the main complaints with Cleary is he's incredibly predictable every time he enters the offensive zone which makes him easy to defend against and leads to a LOT of giveaways. On a side note, Cleary should have the same charity as Scotty Hartnell, where he donates $1000 everytime he gets knocked down or falls down, cause Cleary has issues staying on his feet.

Nyquist would be better on the team than a lot of the guys that are on the roster. He needs to get some playing time with the Wings as well as Tatar before we lose them like Quincey and others that rot in GR too long.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#24 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,727 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

Why wouldn't Nyquist just take Emmerton's space?

Surely Cleary is better than Emmerton.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#25 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

Why wouldn't Nyquist just take Emmerton's space?

Surely Cleary is better than Emmerton.

Neither of them are natural centers.

Sweet! A blueadams line combo thread!

Been anxious for a fix!

Yeah, I was starting to get the shakes.

Yeah dude, because those 6 minutes a night are really giving the ability to show his true worth.

Mursak lost a lot of conditioning and explosiveness during his recovery from injury. I don't think he'll get it back until next season.

#26 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

wow, reactionary much?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#27 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

I don't get the hate either, clearly not his best season but he's still on pace for 15-20 goals, what were we expecting from him? I thought he showed some good strides a couple of times last night..lets be honest , no one was good last night except for Howard.

He scored 26 goals last year. He's not going to score that many this year. And, every player on the team absolutely must improve their statistics each season or they are most obviously a complete disappointment.

Open your eyes man.

#28 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

Cleary looked like absolute garbage tonight. Maybe he'll get it together eventually. But he certainly doesn't need to be getting it together on the second line. Bad enough that the first line doesn't really work without Pav. Can't afford to kill the second line with Cleary.

Either call up Nyquist, or bump Mursak to the second line.

Franzen-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi
Nyquist/Mursak-Filppula-Hudler
Miller-Helm-Abdelkader
Cleary-Emmerton-Holmstrom

Seriously dude?

One game after an injury.

And spare us any response of he might have been bad over a stretch of games or whatever.

#29 NBCnothingbutcrosby

NBCnothingbutcrosby

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

I told you. Cleary is trashhhh... Tatar/ Nyqvist = Upgrade over Cleary. They're not going to develop anymore in the AHL they need to be brought up.
Not now chief, I'm in the zone.

#30 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

Goal and 2 assists for Nyquist tonight.

Just saying...

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#31 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

Goal and 2 assists for Nyquist tonight.

Just saying...

Well you should further add that he has 50 pts in 47 games.

#32 NBCnothingbutcrosby

NBCnothingbutcrosby

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:59 AM

Lines next season:

Bertuzzi - Dats - Nyquist
Franzen - Z - Fil
Abdelkader- Helm - Miller
Eaves - Mursak - Tatar

Lidstrom - White
Kronwall - Quincey
Ericsson - Smith

Howard
McDonald

Youth movement has to happen. Sorry Holmstrom, and Cleary. Stuart leaves for Cali.
Not now chief, I'm in the zone.

#33 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:25 AM

I told you. Cleary is trashhhh... Tatar/ Nyqvist = Upgrade over Cleary. They're not going to develop anymore in the AHL they need to be brought up.

Man, Cleary must have pushed you over, or punched your girlfriend, or kicked your dog, or looked at you funny one day. You really hate the guy.

#34 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:21 AM

I'm in support of keeping Cleary in the lineup into the playoffs, i'd be a lot more comfortable with him in the lineup over a rookie. The system works just fine with him in it unless there's complaints about being the top team in the NHL.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#35 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:54 AM

Why is everyone so high on Mursak? Besides skating fast, he doesn't really do much.

He skates almost as fast as Helm, but has way better hands and a good shot. He is a north-south player who eventually will learn how to play this game and most likely will be Eaves 2.0. He has the potential to be more but has not had a good first year. I want to see him develop though.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#36 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:23 AM

Why is everyone so high on Mursak? Besides skating fast, he doesn't really do much.

He holds on to the puck as well, is a decent passer, appears to at least be a decent shooter when he takes them.

#37 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:28 AM

Bottom line...

In replacing Datsyuk, I think we should do everything as possible to keep things as much the same as we can.

Replacing Datsyuk? ---> Zetterberg, closest thing we have.
Replacing Zetterberg? ---> Filppula, closest thing we have.
Replacing Filppula? ---> Nyquist/Tatar/Mursak...or...Cleary?

You tell me who's more similar.

#38 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:52 AM

Lines next season:

Bertuzzi - Dats - Nyquist
Franzen - Z - Fil
Abdelkader- Helm - Miller
Eaves - Mursak - Tatar

Lidstrom - White
Kronwall - Quincey
Ericsson - Smith

Howard
McDonald

Youth movement has to happen. Sorry Holmstrom, and Cleary. Stuart leaves for Cali.

I'm really liking the way that looks, but i'd definitely switch Tatar and Miller. Tatar will do the Wings no good on the 4th line....remember Ville Leino? Helped Philly get to the SCF in the top 6 around a PPG... Tatar will need to be atleast 3rd line. and where's Huds? he's having a great year and will be re-signed in the off season for sure. that opens up the fabled 3 scoring lines and the grind line. Miller will be 13th fwd i'm guessing. your D looks bang on. i see something like this:

Bertuzzi - Dats - Franzen
Nyquist - Z - Fil
Eaves - Hudler - Tatar
Mursak - Helm - Abdelkader
Miller

tweaking can be done and with Babs, it's inevitable, but those lines look more even and realistic seeing as Hudler earned another year atleast. if you want to go even deeper with the youth movement though, i'd go as far as to say don't resign miller and bring up Joakim Andersson, who looked really good in his minimal playing time in his call up this year. and i definitely like the look without homer and cleary...

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#39 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:57 AM

Learn to read.

Learn to make more line threads... Oh, wait.

#40 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

Bertuzzi - Dats - Franzen
Nyquist - Z - Fil
Eaves - Hudler - Tatar
Mursak - Helm - Abdelkader
Miller

If that's the personnel we have (you forgot Cleary, who's still under contract), I'd expect to see something more along the lines of...

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Filppula-Zetterberg-Hudler/*Parise*
Cleary-Helm-Abdelkader
Miller-Emmerton-Mursak/Eaves
Nyquist
Tatar

Lidstrom/*Suter*-White
Kronwall-Stuart/*Suter*
Quincey-Ericsson
Smith
Kindl

Howard
MacDonald
Mrazek

Something's gotta give with our prospects - who are ready - breaking into the lineup somehow (Nyquist, Smith, Tatar).

I'd personally like to see us put a third scoring line together...

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Filppula-Zetterberg-Hudler/*Parise*
Tatar-Nyquist-Mursak
Miller-Helm-Abdelkader
Eaves
Emmerton

...time to move the aging Cleary and his big contract while he's still got value to make room for the kids.

Edited by blueadams, 23 February 2012 - 09:06 AM.