No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Monday 3/12 Practice Notes

Rate this topic

Ansar Khan ‏ @AnsarKhanMLive

Lidstrom, kindl and bertuzzi on the ice for Wings practice in El Segundo

Lidstrom skated for a few minutes before leaving the ice. Doesn't bode well for next two games. Hasn't practiced in more than 2 weeks

Wings practicing with these lines: 51-40-26, 11-43-93, 20-8-44, 96-48-39. Datsyuk working in on top two lines. Nyquist in transit from Hou

Helen St. James says the same thing... she is a "little" worried about Nick... IMO i think the earliest we see him is Saturday at SJ

Mlive link: http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/03/red_wings_nicklas_lidstrom_ska.html

Edited by HockeytownRules19

It is a little worrisome that Lids has been out so long, but as long as he's back in time for the playoffs, that's all that really matters. At this point it may be best to try to lock down 4th place and just get healthy going into the postseason.

Bone bruises are tricky. They usually aren't too serious but they take a long time to heal up, and are really hard to play through because of the swelling and the movement of the joints around the ankle.

All you can really do is wait. Rather he just heals up properly, however long it takes.

Helene St. James ‏ @freepwings

Bertuzzi said he'd skate tomorrow, determine if play against Kings

Not surprising... Lidstrom out at least next 2 games

Helene St. James ‏ @freepwings

Lidstrom says he's out at least next 2 games

Edited by HockeytownRules19

A significant bone bruise can take 6-10 weeks for the pain to dissipate. Its a terrible injury I've had with a finger and my radius (both from blocking shots in my Jr days). If the medical staff can deem that hes not at risk for further injury (ie, stress fractures) I would like to think that training staff might start thinking about giving him localized pain masking agents. Kurt Angle won and Olympics medal with 2 broken vertebrae in his neck via taking localized Novocaine injections before matches ... numbs the pain and isnt a banned because it lacks opiate or steroidal properties. Just a thought.

What pisses me off that a 6 million dollar player has a needless injury - if he had the skate shells that many shotblockers wear these days (Kronwall +Commie come to mind) he wouldnt have had an issue to begin with. I realize theres a comfort issue - but if I could go back and do things again I know that I would have certainly worn them.

A significant bone bruise can take 6-10 weeks for the pain to dissipate. Its a terrible injury I've had with a finger and my radius (both from blocking shots in my Jr days). If the medical staff can deem that hes not at risk for further injury (ie, stress fractures) I would like to think that training staff might start thinking about giving him localized pain masking agents. Kurt Angle won and Olympics medal with 2 broken vertebrae in his neck via taking localized Novocaine injections before matches ... numbs the pain and isnt a banned because it lacks opiate or steroidal properties. Just a thought.

What pisses me off that a 6 million dollar player has a needless injury - if he had the skate shells that many shotblockers wear these days (Kronwall +Commie come to mind) he wouldnt have had an issue to begin with. I realize theres a comfort issue - but if I could go back and do things again I know that I would have certainly worn them.

IMO I bet if this happened during the playoffs I bet he would take a shot and some painkillers and give it a go, but they are being very cautious about this injury since we are so close to the playoffs

Has Lidstrom ever missed say 10 games in a season? I can't remember it.

If they know they're not going to win the division, I wouldn't be surprised if they sit him for a while longer. Maybe even until the playoffs start.

The most games he had ever missed in a season is six when he played 76 games in 2007-2008 (note: 1994 1995 was a the lockout year where he played 43 of 46 in the NHL but 13 in the SEL)

The most games he had ever missed in a season is six when he played 76 games in 2007-2008 (note: 1994 1995 was a the lockout year where he played 43 of 46 in the NHL but 13 in the SEL)

Well, it looks like that streak will be broken this season.

His durability has always been incredible, but at 40 years old, it's natural that it may take him longer to recover than a younger player with a similar injury.

Bone bruises are tricky. They usually aren't too serious but they take a long time to heal up, and are really hard to play through because of the swelling and the movement of the joints around the ankle.

All you can really do is wait. Rather he just heals up properly, however long it takes.

I can sympathize with Lidstrom and his bruise. I think I bruised a bone (I didn't go to the doctor, so it's my own diagnosis) in my wrist over two weeks ago playing Broomball. If you haven't played it, it's like hockey but instead of skates, you run on the ice. One of the times I wiped out, I landed on my wrist, and it stung pretty bad. I still kept playing, however, 16 days later I can't put any pressure on it to push myself up, do pushups without push up bars when I exercise, or lean on it.

With that said, the wrist is bad enough, I can't imagine what the ankle is like. Take your time Nick!

Guest Hatethedrake!

I'm happy that Lids is getting some rest before the playoffs. The 5th seed is just fine by me. The main thing is for the team to be healthy for the playoffs.