• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Red Wings Addict

Which team would piss you off the most if they won the cup?

Rate this topic

I always root for the Wings, but if they get knocked out, I root for someone who hasn't won the cup in a while. I was ok with Chicago and Boston winning the cup the last couple seasons because they endured many drought years before they won it.

This year, I would be upset if Boston, Chicago, or the Pens won it since they have won it recently. New Jersey and Dallas wouldn't be horrible, but I wouldn't root for them much. I am ok with Vancouver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Phoenix, Dallas, Blues, Florida, Phily, Ottawa, Rangers, or Washington.

...i hate the canucks so much it's actually cynical.

I SO hear you. I live 60 minutes south of Vancouver. It's a really cool place, until you get to talking hockey with them.

But it's a super tough choice for me.

Someone posted San Jose and I thought "Oh Yeah yeah yeah yeah, San Jose, not Thornton, no way, God please don't let them win it."

But then someone else posted Chicago and I thought "NO way, two Cups to Zero in the last few years, no God, don't let them win"

The someone posted Pittsburgh and i thought, "God, don't make me deal with that! Not the 'I never want to be there again" No!"

I guess for me, it's between Vancouver, Chicago, San Jose, and Pittsburgh. C'mon Detroit!

(Only including current contenders) These teams are due: Rangers, Sabres, Blues, Canucks, Kings.

It's difficult for me to be pissed about any of these franchises winning it after the roads they've gone through to be competitive and remain that way. DRW are spoiled. I mean come on, some of these teams have been around for so long and have never won one. Why hate on them for winning it if they did? They've struggled long enough, right? I mean, I would love if the Wings won 10 Cups in a row, but in this Salary Cap Age, that's never going to happen, and if the Blues or Kings or Sabres won, I'm sorry...I would be happy for them. That's just me.

That being said - I would F'ing rather watch figure skating for a two months straight than ever see the Blackhawks, Pens, Avs, Ducks, Devils raise Lord Stanley's. At least for another 25 years.

Oh, and the Sharks. They're an outlier. Wouldn't mind if they never won.

Edited by Ram

Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh again.

But only if Crosby is playing - if he's injured all playoffs and they win it, and as long as they don't beat us in the finals - I'd be curiously satisfied.

Edited by Nev

Vancouver: I don't want their fans to EVER have Stanley Cup bragging rights

San Jose: I don't want to see the Cup desecrated with such whining diving douchebags (any moreso than it already has by the likes of Forsberg, Crosby, Patrick Kane, etc.)

St. Louis: Little brother will probably not have as good a chance as this year, but I still never want to see it happen

Pittsburgh & Chicago: I don't want either of these teams, nor their fanbases, to have 2 Cups since our last one

Other than that, if someone other than Detroit had to win this year, I wouldn't mind any of the other teams still in contention.

what's with the hate for Canada? no Canadian team is without your hatred? Jets...Oilers?

I am Canadian and I hate all the Canadian teams and their fan bases. I grew up and still live in "Leafs Territory" and I cannot stand the sad sacks of s*** fans they have.

I guess Winnipeg would be the only Canadian team I'd be okay with since I got family there and they used to send me Jets stuff when I was a kid.

Sharks. I hate the Sharks. As happy as it would make me if they missed the playoffs, I would love it if Detroit would sweep their asses even more.

I am sooo with you. I want them to make the playoffs so we can have our revenge but if they won the cup...Id be so pissed. Just had the image of Joe Thornton blowing kisses to the crowd and hoisting the Cup. Puked a bit in my mouth. NASTY! :angry:

I am Canadian and I hate all the Canadian teams and their fan bases. I grew up and still live in "Leafs Territory" and I cannot stand the sad sacks of s*** fans they have.

I guess Winnipeg would be the only Canadian team I'd be okay with since I got family there and they used to send me Jets stuff when I was a kid.

Gotcha. I definitely understand. Just making sure you don't just hate Canada for some reason, but seeing as you're Canadian, no worries there... I loathe the Canucks as many know by now. The Leafs...Laughs...nuff said. I don't like the Habs, they are smut. I'm neutral on the Sens and Flames...i have a Spezza and an Iginla shirt, that's about it. I do like the current oilers team, not that '06 crap with "Prongs". I'm from Winnipeg and the Jets have this city pretty much out of control. Our fanbase is insane and gladly not douchey yet. Hopefully it stays that way, cause we love having a team back here and our team is a hard working bunch that deserves the 8th spot above the Caps for sure.

Phoenix. Any possibility that Bettman's "blueprint strategy" on running that franchise making sense and a Cup-winning team keeping it in Glendale is not good. Besides, the cost of the cardboard cutouts for the parade would screw up his budget.

I am surprised and find it interesting that so many people in this thread listed the Blues. You would never see them listed by so many people in a thread like this in previous years I am wondering the reasoning behind that?

Is it just because you ignored the advice of everyone since before the start of the season and still chose to underestimate them? You're mad they did so good this season? Did they f*** up your fantasy league or something? lol

Phoenix. Any possibility that Bettman's "blueprint strategy" on running that franchise making sense and a Cup-winning team keeping it in Glendale is not good. Besides, the cost of the cardboard cutouts for the parade would screw up his budget.

i forgot them from my list cause i barely consider them a team...leeches.