Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Which team would piss you off the most if they won the cup?

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:19 AM

Posted Image

Which team would piss you off the most if they won the cup this year?

I'm not 100% sure which one team would piss me off the most. Right now for me I'd say it's among the rather obvious handful of teams: Vancouver, Boston, Pittsburgh, Chicago, San Jose and maybe St. Louis; with Vancouver as the current frontrunner by default.

#2 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:32 AM

Columbus. Parity shmarity. If you don't win during the regular season, you shouldn't get to win the Cup.

Seriously, I don't want to witness the salivating that would happen if the Penis won it.

I really don't want to see anyone other than the Wings, but that kind of goes without saying, huh?

#3 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:04 AM

Seriously, I don't want to witness the salivating that would happen if the Penis won it.

At first I thought I had some crud on my screen or something. Well played. Although Penis instead of Pens is too much of a compliment to them for my liking.

#4 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:37 AM

As much as I would hate to see the Pens win it, nothing would annoy me more than to see the Canucks hoist the cup.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#5 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:05 AM

At first I thought I had some crud on my screen or something. Well played. Although Penis instead of Pens is too much of a compliment to them for my liking.

I've done that many times. It seems to fit. Kind of like Analheim.

#6 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:06 AM

vancouver.
Posted Image

#7 shoe

shoe

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:34 AM

San Jose and I'm really looking forward to seeing them bumped from the playoffs this year. I just don't like their style of hockey.

#8 Hack & Whack Rule!

Hack & Whack Rule!

Goofy Wingnut

• PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:40 AM

s***tsburg, St. Louis, Columbus, Vancouver and Montreal.
Uhh...you might want to duck!

#9 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

Vancouver, Pitt, Chicago or San Jose... Also I would say Nashville just because of their fans (who are pricks) at their home games :hehe:

Edited by HockeytownRules19, 23 March 2012 - 07:10 AM.

#10 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:13 AM

Pittsburgh. Hands down.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#11 Copenhagen848

Copenhagen848

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

In order: Pittsburgh, San Jose, Chicago, Vancouver. Other than those teams, I don't care who wins it other than the Wings.

I'd like to see New York take it if the Wings can't.

#12 Rick

Rick

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:20 AM

The Pen(i)s

#13 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:23 AM

san jose

#14 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:25 AM

As much as I would hate to see the Pens win it, nothing would annoy me more than to see the Canucks hoist the cup.

someone give this dude some +'s...i'm not even half way through my coffee and i hit the wrong button like a derp... i agree 100%, i hate the canucks so much it's actually cynical. that chicago fan's post from TLow was great! aside from them also as the front runner for not winning, i'd say the Pens, Sharts, Caps, and Montreal. i would very much like to live long enough to see the Wings pass them for stanley cup wins. and they'll do it without getting first dibs at all the french canadians for what? 50 years?

the teams i'd rather win the cup on the other hand are the Wings of couse, also the Bruins, Blues would be cool, i do like the Hawks and either the Jets or the Sabres as a long shot for whoever knocks the Caps out of 8th.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#15 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

None really.

Pitt comes close - while it is difficult to like them to start and they beat us in 2009 in a bitter fashion, for me it's not so much about them themselves as the absurd amount of attention they get (plenty deserved obviously but it gets too much after a while - and no I'm not looking for the Wings to get that much attention), but we don't need to go into that since it's been mentioned in here plenty in the past.

Other than that, nobody really. Wasn't happy or mad that Chicago won recently, not from the areas so I guess I don't understand or get into the rivalry as much.

Rivalries and dislikings can be fun obviously, just don't like getting into them much - on this level or for my college/alma mater and what not - just gets over the top sometimes and I don't like going that route. Just want my team to win and more often than not that's enough for me.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 23 March 2012 - 07:44 AM.

#16 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,970 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

1- Pittsburgh
2- Vancouver

No one else comes close.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#17 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:44 AM

The Pens. The fans are already beyond obnoxious, imagine if they had another championship. UGH Unfortunately, I think its inevitable that they'll win at least one more Cup.

Edited by xtrememachine1, 23 March 2012 - 07:45 AM.

#18 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:49 AM

The Pens. The fans are already beyond obnoxious, imagine if they had another championship. UGH Unfortunately, I think its inevitable that they'll win at least one more Cup.

Yeah I would expect you to say Pitt since you live there; and respectively the same for people who live in Chicago.

#19 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:58 AM

Pens, Boos, Canucks, Habs, Sharts.

But really, anyone who's not the Wings is a lesser of two evils choice.
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#20 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:10 AM

Pittsburgh and Vancouver would annoy me more than anything.

Chicago and St. Louis would be up there, but I don't see either of those with a realistic chance of even getting there.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).