• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Predators 3

Rate this topic

Red Wings PP to start the 3rd

SPOILER ALERT: Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass... pass, pass, pass, fake one-timer... pass, pass, pass, double-pump the one-timer allowing the opposition player to block your weak wrister from 5 feet away... repeat.

Combined for 11 minor penalties through 2 periods. 6 on the Wings, 5 on the Preds. 22 minutes of PP through 40 minutes. This is the most shameful officiating I've seen in a long while...

Shameful and shameless. It's legitimately insane.

Be nice if Bertuzzi and Franzen could stay awake like they were in the last 5 minutes there. Really pissed off that we're down 2-1 on bad breaks/bounces, but we can easily win this game, nothing special about the Preds, just gotta get after them :thumbup:

This is some of the worst ******* playoff reffing I have ever seen.

Like Mickey implied, all the excitement and potential of this game has been completely sucked out of it by the bulls*** reffing.

I ******* hope this isn't what we should expect of this whole playoffs. If it is, the NHL is officially a complete joke.

If I wasn't a devoted fan, I would bail on this game and just go to bed. Bettman's unwritten directives have ruined the playoffs already. It's atrocious.

The refs have been less than stellar, the Wings are playing better, and the difference is two fluke goals. The Wings still aren't clicking on all cylinders yet. Plenty of time in the third to get this, no need to panic. Let's Go Wings!

Can someone tell Franzen it's the playoffs?

He had the right idea when he knocked two Nashville players into eachother and took the puck right to the net.

He has it in him. Just gotta get in that confident zone where he does that all the time.

SPOILER ALERT: Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass... pass, pass, pass, fake one-timer... pass, pass, pass, double-pump the one-timer allowing the opposition player to block your weak wrister from 5 feet away... repeat.

Funny...sorta true...but still funny.

There's a thread for each of the other series; could we please post game updates in those rather than the Wings thread? Even though those series are probably not as aneurysm-inducing, this should be for Wings/Preds.

Thanks!

If I wasn't a devoted fan, I would bail on this game and just go to bed. Bettman's unwritten directives have ruined the playoffs already. It's atrocious.

I'm watching this game and the baseball game, and the baseball game has been better played, even with Sabathia sucking tonight. Yeesh.

Guest irishock

That'd be a decent PP compared to March

*Dump in, chase for puck, not touch puck, cleared

*enters zone*, stripped of puck, cleared again

*enters zone again*, stripped of puck and opposition scores shorthanded

There's a thread for each of the other series; could we please post game updates in those rather than the Wings thread? Even though those series are probably not as aneurysm-inducing, this should be for Wings/Preds.

Thanks!

I see your point, but most everyone is monitoring this thread...and it's intermission...so what is the harm?

Holy Nostrodomous Batman!

It's so true. They won't shoot when it's open but they will when there's a guy right there