• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tim.D

Free Agency General Rumor Thread

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I mean, it makes sense. Guy spent how many years on struggling teams in Florida and Vancouver, and now that he finally breaks out on a winning team, why during the prime of his career would he want to go to a rebuilding team and start all over again. 

14 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Rangers 1st is Lafraniere. That was never going to happen.

Of course not.   It could have been the CAR pick at 22 or next years 1st.   My point is that I would rather sweeten the pot to get a 1st rather than settle for a 2nd.  Wings can only take on so many money deals for picks, so make them count.    

20 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I stil fight tooth and nail for a 1st , i know everyone loves demko especially that 3 game performance but im still not sold on the guy , he had like a 905% in the regular season and he’d be on a way worse team here ... he comes here and is just average we took eriksson for nothing

Oh i totally agree the 2021 1st round pick would be my preference of choice as well. Demko+2nd round pick my next choice. 

Golden Knights just signed Lehner to a 5 year deal worth 25ml, so at this point they must be wanting to trade MAF. Any chance we can get him and acquire a 1st?

He also has a 10 team no trade list, so would he even consider Detroit? 

Edited by kliq

2 hours ago, kliq said:

He also has a 10 team no trade list, so would he even consider Detroit? 

No. No goalie is gonna sign with or agree to be traded to Detroit.

Bernier/Pickard here we come! 

Edited by Akakabuto

32 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

No. No goalie is gonna sign with Detroit.

What do you mean sign? Fleury is not a free agent, he has 2 years/14mil left on his deal and Vegas is looking to trade him. No contender will take on that cap hit for Fleury, so if he's traded he will need to go to a team like Detroit.

Best case scenario for him, he goes to a team that will give him playing time, he plays well, and then he can be sent to a contender at the TDL. If Detroit is trading him they can retain 50% (unlike Vegas who is up against the cap) which will make it easier for a contender to take him on.

Edited by kliq

1 minute ago, kliq said:

What do you mean sign? Fleury is not a free agent, he has 2 years/14mil left on his deal and Vegas is looking to trade him. No contender will take that cap hit for Fleury, so if he's traded he will need to go to a team like Detroit. Best case scenario for him, he goes to a team that will give him playing time, and hope that he can be sent to a contender at the TDL as if Detroit is trading him they can retain 50% which will make it easier for a contender to take him on.

33 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

No. No goalie is gonna sign with or agree to be traded to Detroit.

Fixed it. I was mostly kidding. I'm sure Stevie will find a goaltender whos willing stand between the pipes in a Red Wings uni.

40 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Fixed it. I was mostly kidding. I'm sure Stevie will find a goaltender whos willing stand between the pipes in a Red Wings uni.

Who knows, at the end of the day these guys want to play. Detroit does offer that. I’m not banking on it, but I’m hoping for it.

2 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

No. No goalie is gonna sign with or agree to be traded to Detroit.

He waived to go to an expansion team, which up until Vegas, was the worst team you could go to.

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

Who wouldnt want to be Goldberg from "The Mighty Ducks"? Every goalie wants puck marks all over their pads and bruises all over their body.

7 hours ago, town123 said:

Of course not.   It could have been the CAR pick at 22 or next years 1st.   My point is that I would rather sweeten the pot to get a 1st rather than settle for a 2nd.  Wings can only take on so many money deals for picks, so make them count.    

Next years first would probably have been lottery protected and a 22nd overall isnt much better than a 2nd. It was a fair trade.

40 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Who wouldnt want to be Goldberg from "The Mighty Ducks"? Every goalie wants puck marks all over their pads and bruises all over their body.

Bernier is our Goldberg. But who will be our Julie the Cat?

4 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Next years first would probably have been lottery protected and a 22nd overall isnt much better than a 2nd. It was a fair trade.

22nd overall in 2020 is MUCH better than a 2nd round pick (likely in the 40-50 range) in 2021.

27 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Not much difference between picks in the bottom 10 of the first and top 10 of the 2nd. They're all 2nd tier prospects. 

You wouldn't prefer the #22 over the #45?

Don't fall off a cliff clinging to some crazy logic....lol

I know I'm cherry picking here but let's take the 2013 draft.   #20 Mantha  #45 Nick Sorensen.  Just saying you have a far better chance with the higher pick.   Get those high picks Stevie!

Edited by town123
adding to story

38 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Not much difference between picks in the bottom 10 of the first and top 10 of the 2nd. They're all 2nd tier prospects. 

What? I'm not sure if you're being serious... There's a massive gap in value between pick 20-25 and 40-45 in any draft...

Just now, LeftWinger said:

The Kings have acquired Maata from the Hawks to address a bit of their D needs.  I still wouldn't be surprised if they take Drysdale at #2. They have a more pressing need for D than C. I know how BPA works, but sometimes teams do draft per need. I think Drysdale is top 5 (outside of #1) anyhow, so they really wouldn't be doing themselves wrong by taking him at #2. With all the talk of Stutzle and Byfield going 2 and 3, I am actually warming up to the idea of either Drysdale or Askarov at #4. Would Perfetti or Rossi really be that much of a BPA in that spot or are they all pretty much equal when it comes to 4th?

Can you imagine if Drysdale went at #2, Stulzle went #3, and then Byfield dropped to us. Wont happen, but that would be awesome!

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

What? I'm not sure if you're being serious... There's a massive gap in value between pick 20-25 and 40-45 in any draft...

You're looking at extremes.

Look at any draft and examine the last 10 players drafted in the 1st round and compare them to the first 10 players drafted in the 2nd round. You won't find much difference in NHL success.

2 hours ago, town123 said:

You wouldn't prefer the #22 over the #45?

Don't fall off a cliff clinging to some crazy logic....lol

I know I'm cherry picking here but let's take the 2013 draft.   #20 Mantha  #45 Nick Sorensen.  Just saying you have a far better chance with the higher pick.   Get those high picks Stevie!

Of course I would prefer it. I would prefer the 21st pick to the 22nd pick. I would also prefer 121 to 122. Would I say no to acquiring Marc Staal over the difference between 22 and 45? No.

36 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Look at any draft and examine the last 10 players drafted in the 1st round and compare them to the first 10 players drafted in the 2nd round. You won't find much difference in NHL success.

Of course I would prefer it. I would prefer the 21st pick to the 22nd pick. I would also prefer 121 to 122. Would I say no to acquiring Marc Staal over the difference between 22 and 45? No.

I'm not looking at extremes. I'm looking at probability. Sure, there are always good players available at 45, but there are always better players available at 25. You still have to pick the right player, but the higher you draft  the higher probability you have at drafting the better player.

There's a much bigger gap between pick 5 and pick 25, than there is pick 25 and pick 45, and a much bigger gap again between pick 25 and pick 45, than there is pick 125 and pick 145...

I don't think anyone is saying that we should have turned down the Staal deal, I think it was pretty fair value, but it would have been nice to get pick 22 rather than what will likely end up being in the 45ish range. To say otherwise, or that there's not a big gap between the two, is foolish...

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Not saying it's a take the deal or not situation.  What I originally said was this.... I would prefer to sweeten the pot to get the #22.   (maybe toss the #64 in)

On 10/2/2020 at 2:36 PM, nyqvististhefuture said:

I stil fight tooth and nail for a 1st , i know everyone loves demko especially that 3 game performance but im still not sold on the guy , he had like a 905% in the regular season and he’d be on a way worse team here ... he comes here and is just average we took eriksson for nothing

Yeah getting a 1st round pick would be my goal, Just saying that if it doesn't happen Demko would be a good 2nd consolation prize.