• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Din758

Blashill to coach Griffins 12-13 season

Rate this topic

I'd say its probably a lateral move. They say he's great with the youngsters, so this makes a lot of sense for the Wings organization. Someone with that skill needs to be in GR more than Detroit, and I anticipate that the Wings will benefit greatly from this move.

What D-coach candidates do we have? Cheli? :dntknw:

I'd say its probably a lateral move. They say he's great with the youngsters, so this makes a lot of sense for the Wings organization. Someone with that skill needs to be in GR more than Detroit, and I anticipate that the Wings will benefit greatly from this move.

Or Jiri Fischer.

Guys! Duh! The Obvious choice is Lidstrom! :lol:

They haven't invented holographic remote coaching devices so that he can be in his cushy new house in Sweden and behind the bench at the same time.

Edited by evilmrt

Okay.... so who's out there that coached Suter and Parise and they'd *love* to play for him? You know, since "Shero drafted Suter and Sid and Zach are BFFs" and all...

(...kidding...)

I think Ryan Suter's mailman once delivered for UPS in the Minneapolis area and I think the Parise's were on his route...not confirmed. I would call it an E3 though....

I agree on the lateral move bit.

Grand Rapids needed a coach on short notice. Why not give the reigns to someone who has had great success coaching youngsters to get to the NHL? It really is a great fit for Blashill. I like this! I have been a season ticket holder for the Griffins and I love going to the games. I just don't like seeing them play so inconsistant from one night to the next. Fraser is a good coach, but I think it was time for a change. I think that Blashill can really tear it up in the AHL as a coach.

Edited by Nightfall

Correct me if I am wrong, but he was in charge of the Power Play and offensive systems.

I never can remember the two guys we hired beyond the WMU ties and that our defense improved a ton, while the power play fell apart.

I still would love Boughner but if we have two defensive minded assistant coaches we might become awful to watch.

Edit: I would assume they would ask Lidstrom first, and he would say no.

Edited by Majsheppard

I know I'll catch a lot of flak for this, but two years ago our defense was terrible when McCrimmon was the defensive coach. Cut to last year, two new assistant coaches and our defense was back where it needed to be, but now the offense (especially the PP) wasn't good enough to compete with playoff calibre teams. I think Blashill going to GR was an acknowledgement by the organization that he wasn't the guy for the assistant job, but I also think that they wanted to keep him in the organization because he's a good source for home grown talent.

How is everyone missing the obvious here? promote Paek from GR (defensive minded coach) and let Blashill choose his own assistant to replace him...

To those who were confused, Blashill handled the D, not the offense, Peters handles the offense...

How is everyone missing the obvious here? promote Paek from GR (defensive minded coach) and let Blashill choose his own assistant to replace him...

To those who were confused, Blashill handled the D, not the offense, Peters handles the offense...

Blashill also ran the power-play.