• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

Well with the Signing of Samuelsson and Tootoo, where does detroit go next...

According to NHLNumbers.com with this signings we have 19 million left in cap room. This does not include Forwards Brunner and Nyquist. This also does not include RFA Abdelkader. This leaves us with 13 forwards plus the other 3 not listed to make 16. Who goes where, what is up Holland's sleeve?

Time to speculate

#2 AusWing40

AusWing40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

Trade for Nash or Ryan.

Lose filppula, not sure what else but filp would be starting piece

Sign suter.

#3 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

I want Nash in a red wings jersey

#4 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

So many forwards, not enough lines. I really think a trade is coming out of this. Or at least I hope so, because right now if we don't get Parise or Suter which is far from a sure thing we are going to be a worse team than we were last season, and that's just unnacceptable with the money we have to spend.

#5 X13WINGS13X

X13WINGS13X

#!*% Lebron, Lidstrom is the king.

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Extra bodies = opportunity for the Nash deal. If the price stays high on Nash and a deal with Parise isn't met. Ken now has the option to dish away assets for a guaranteed top-six forward in Nash, while still having NHL talent throughout the line-up. By no means is he done yet.

#6 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

There has to be a trade coming up. Too many forwards right now...this has really sparked my interest. Let's see....

#7 nosyt612

nosyt612

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

Well i think we'll get suter at around an 8 mil cap hit and abby for around 2 mil leaving 9 million in space. And we still have to sign quincy with that. Barring a salary dump trade I don;t think we're getting parise.

#8 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

wait....if Tootoo replaces Holmstrom and Samuelsson replaces Hudler....how is that too many forwards?

#9 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

Has to be a trade coming, but hopefully we try and move Franzen before Filppula

Posted Image

#10 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

http://video.nhl.com...tid=3&id=183417 I guess we are believed to be the front runners on Nash if parise goes.

#11 X13WINGS13X

X13WINGS13X

#!*% Lebron, Lidstrom is the king.

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

Well i think we'll get suter at around an 8 mil cap hit and abby for around 2 mil leaving 9 million in space. And we still have to sign quincy with that. Barring a salary dump trade I don;t think we're getting parise.

Unless the plan is to let Abby walk with his replacement being Tootoo, then the cap space is around the 8mil

Has to be a trade coming, but hopefully we try and move Franzen before Filppula

Agreed

#12 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

wait....if Tootoo replaces Holmstrom and Samuelsson replaces Hudler....how is that too many forwards?

We have 15 under contract right now without Abdelkader.

#13 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

Too too is a great 4th liner and Samuelsson is a great 3rd liner ... No way our forwards our worse than last year... Pretty much guarantee suter to Detroit. Trade for Nash and im a happy camper. 7.6M is harsh but Nash is a much better option than Pairise except for losing Flippula likely. We need goal scorers

#14 AusWing40

AusWing40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

https://mobile.twitt...553113382731778

If that's true we are out of the Parise race?

#15 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

no body knows... people are saying MacKenzie was just speculating or people were speculating off of what MacKenzie was saying...

#16 jjd06e

jjd06e

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

The signings we are making now indicate to me we very well might be out of Parise race. We dont really have cap room anymore to sign Parise+Suter+Quincey+Abdelkader plus we have a lot of forwards signed. This suggests to me we are out on parise and I wont be surprised if we are building depth to trade multiple forwards for Nash

#17 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

Carolina was one of the teams listed.... I highly doubt thats true. I don't see him going to the Canes. Nor do I see him signing in Minnesota, home town state or not. He wants to WIN. So I just don't see much truth to that. We shall see tomorrow!

Posted Image

#18 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

I think there is a trade on the horizon for either Bobby Ryan OR Rick Nash. I could be wrong but I think something in the next few weeks will be coming.

#19 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

Because Brunner is supposed to be "in our top 6" and then Nyquist is supposed to be a rostered player and then Abdelkader will just replace his old spot. 16 Forwards is way to many to carry.

I know our D isn't set you and it will be interesting how that pans out. I don't know how Smith cap hit works out but we have 5 signed with Smith and hoping Suter will be on that list too. After that we have Quincey that can be resigned and guys like Garrison are still remaining. It all depends which way we want to go.

We have 19 left according to NHLnumbers.com but Adding smith, nyquist, and Brunner that drops. Also add abby when he resigns. Then you add cap when we have to trade guys away cause somebody has to get moved or waived.

#20 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

Nash is exactly the type of forward the red wings have needed. Flippula is great but he is just a weaker version of Zetterberg but better skater