• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingsRox

Holland losing his moxie? Is Detroit slipping as UFA destination?

Rate this topic

Do you think thats possible? Who do you have in mind? And I think we may be in too big of a hole if we wait til March/April. Whacha think?

I can't see the future so I have no idea which teams will be selling or who they would be selling

Cool. Message me when the time is right and i will pay up thru pay pal if I lose. I think the line is solid.

Now back to the subject, is Holland still on vacay? Why are we in stand still with no #1 and no #2 dman in place?

Kronwall is a capable #1 dman. If you don't think so, then you need to watch more Wings games. If you watch lots of Wings games already, you need to pay attention to them.

As for #2, just wait for Smith to show all you guys the way to be a #2 dman as a rookie and win the Calder. If Bouwmeester comes here, he should anchor the 2nd pairing with White or Ericsson.

Things aren't as bad as they seem and worst case scenario another young guy gets a shot...Almqvist, Sproul, Lashoff. there's always an option whether it be a tryout for a young guy or trade for a top 4 like JBo.

Guest The Axe

I think Kronwall will have a tough season. Its a lot easier to play against the malones and kunitz's of the nhl instead of the malkins and crosbys.

I think Kronwall will have a tough season. Its a lot easier to play against the malones and kunitz's of the nhl instead of the malkins and crosbys.

yeah Kronwall has never ever been on the ice when those guys are....your completely right

Guest The Axe

"You're"

And i AM entitled to have an opinion, despite what some people think.

"You're"

really? correcting grammar? actually on the internet it's *ur* lol

no one said you couldn't have an opinion bud....I was disagreeing with your point that Kronwall is going to have a tough year because you for some reason think he only plays against crappier forwards. Go ahead and correct some more grammar if that's all you got.

Guest Hatethedrake!

"You're"

When are you and Slash going to re-unite and bring back the original GNR?

Guest The Axe

really? correcting grammar? actually on the internet it's *ur* lol

no one said you couldn't have an opinion bud....I was disagreeing with your point that Kronwall is going to have a tough year because you for some reason think he only plays against crappier forwards. Go ahead and correct some more grammar if that's all you got.

All I'm saying is that if YOU'RE going to be sarcastic with YOUR posts, at least do it the right way! We can't have people acting like know-it-alls around here when they can't even use the language properly. Kronwall hasn't played against the best for 22 minutes a night yet. He will get a good test this year, and we'll see if he can keep up. I think it will be an eye opener for a lot of people as to how much Lidstrom meant to our defensive corps.

All I'm saying is that if YOU'RE going to be sarcastic with YOUR posts, at least do it the right way! We can't have people acting like know-it-alls around here when they can't even use the language properly. Kronwall hasn't played against the best for 22 minutes a night yet. He will get a good test this year, and we'll see if he can keep up. I think it will be an eye opener for a lot of people as to how much Lidstrom meant to our defensive corps.

realy? lindstrom ment uhlot too hour defence? eye donht thinc anywon arouwnd hear new dat...tanks four opaning hour i's 2 dat

Kronwall has been a #1 D-man capable for years now, he's just been stuck behind Lids....who's one of the best to ever live....And no other team has a Lids either so were even I guess....Our D is weak right now, but not because Kronners can't handle the #1 spot....that be should obvious to anyone who watches the wings....

Guest The Axe

realy? lindstrom ment uhlot too hour defence? eye donht thinc anywon arouwnd hear new dat...tanks four opaning hour i's 2 dat

Kronwall has been a #1 D-man capable for years now, he's just been stuck behind Lids....who's one of the best to ever live....And no other team has a Lids either so were even I guess....Our D is weak right now, but not because Kronners can't handle the #1 spot....that be should obvious to anyone who watches the wings....

Ha! We will see. I think Kronwall is good. But not #1 great.

Ha! We will see. I think Kronwall is good. But not #1 great.

last year....

Kronwall finishes #26 in scoring for D-men league wide....playing the #3 spot....

Kronwall finishes #4 in power play points by D-men league wide....more than Lids....

Kronwall finishes #8 in shooting percentage by D-men league wide

Not to mention he's one of the best hitters in the league and defensively sound....Kronwall is a #1 D-man, as he has been groomed to be

Edit: Almost forgot....he finished 10th in blocked shots by D-men league wide as well :)

Edited by number9

Guest The Axe

last year....

Kronwall finishes #26 in scoring for D-men league wide....playing the #3 spot....

Kronwall finishes #4 in power play points by D-men league wide....more than Lids....

Not to mention he's one of the best hitters in the league and defensively sound....Kronwall is a #1 D-man, as he has been groomed to be

Edit: Almost forgot....he finished 10th in blocked shots by D-men league wide as well :)

Pretty hard to argue with all of that. I concede.

last year....

All while playing against lesser competition because some guy named Lidstrom was playing against other teams' best. Let's see what he can do when he is THE #1 guy and there aren't any hall of famers in front of him. He is good. Not great. Not a #1, not on a good defensive team. That's the point Axe was making and I agree.

We lost a top 3 alltime defenseman so everyone on the team will have a tougher time. Kronner, White and Quincey need to step it up bigtime that is for sure. It will also be a huge year for Howard, if he wants a big payday next summer he better performs well and I hope The Monster will challenge him for the first spot.

All while playing against lesser competition because some guy named Lidstrom was playing against other teams' best. Let's see what he can do when he is THE #1 guy and there aren't any hall of famers in front of him. He is good. Not great. Not a #1, not on a good defensive team. That's the point Axe was making and I agree.

Sounds much like a certain family guy and the same can be said and the same will have to be seen....but I would expect you dont agree with that now do you?

yup kronners never played against top competition ever! not sure he even knos who crosby is! as always cougar ur spot on!

I don't know how Kronwall being our #1 D-man and who he's playing against has anything to do with this thread? Either way it's silly to compare who Kronwall is playing against. Top 4 D-men play against everyone unless I'm mistaken. Matchups aren't always a sure thing either especially on the road I might add...

You try to argue that Kronwall isn't a #1, well what exactly is Suter then? Because he sure as f*** hasn't proven himself as a #1 either yet. But, you like to tell all of us on this site we have no clue about hockey and that because Mr Suter didn't sign in Detroit that we are no longer a premier spot for FA's. Man, people like you make me laugh. What do you have to offer to the table? You can argue with anyone of us, but in the end you'll lose. Because your ridiculous opinions are based on beliefs that your favorite team with no history are better then an original 6 team. I'd argue with you for hours, because I'm passionate about hockey because it's the best damn sport on the face of this earth. And guys like you that don't know what your talking about, but pretend too, to get hockey fans that may be new to the sport or maybe don't know so much just to get a reaction really riles me up. Grow up, you want to have a real argument on here? Believe me, there's a ton of posters who'll school you on what you think you "believe" about hockey. You have to have a passion for a sport to LOVE it. You seem to me, nothing more, then a troll finding a sport where you think you can degrade people by talking down to them because you think you're superior. You are not, find a new website. I'm tired of your spamming bulls***, I'll take a suspension if it means my fellow Wings fans can just discuss hockey without having to hear your crap in every thread on the go lately.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Guest The Axe

Easy, #1DF. He's not making a bad point. Kronwall could very easily struggle this year with Lidstrom's departure. Its not certain that he wont.

You try to argue that Kronwall isn't a #1, well what exactly is Suter then? Because he sure as f*** hasn't proven himself as a #1 either yet. But, you like to tell all of us on this site we have no clue about hockey and that because Mr Suter didn't sign in Detroit that we are no longer a premier spot for FA's. Man, people like you make me laugh. What do you have to offer to the table? You can argue with anyone of us, but in the end you'll lose. Because your ridiculous opinions are based on beliefs that your favorite team with no history are better then an original 6 team. I'd argue with you for hours, because I'm passionate about hockey because it's the best damn sport on the face of this earth. And guys like you that don't know what your talking about, but pretend too, to get hockey fans that may be new to the sport or maybe don't know so much just to get a reaction really riles me up. Grow up, you want to have a real argument on here? Believe me, there's a ton of posters who'll school you on what you think you "believe" about hockey. You have to have a passion for a sport to LOVE it. You seem to me, nothing more, then a troll finding a sport where you think you can degrade people by talking down to them because you think you're superior. You are not, find a new website. I'm tired of your spamming bulls***, I'll take a suspension if it means my fellow Wings fans can just discuss hockey without having to hear your crap in every thread on the go lately.

:lol:

I had to laugh a little bit here. Of all my posts I've ever made here, this one was pretty tame. Ironic! All I said was Kronwall isn't fit to be a #1 defenseman at least not on a good defensive team. It's also ironic that you go on a rant about me apparently knowing nothing about hockey and here you're post has nothing to even do with hockey except for one or two sentences where you make broad statements. The point is, Kronwall is a 35 point defenseman while playing behind Nicklas Lidstrom. He proved that. But now Lidstrom is gone. Stuart is gone. Kronwall has been anointed #1 honors and is being forced into a roll he's never had to play in his NHL career. So let's see what he can do playing against the best of the best (like Suter has). If you're a realistic fan, you would have concerns too.

Sounds much like a certain family guy and the same can be said and the same will have to be seen....but I would expect you dont agree with that now do you?

Suter played top line minutes. Kronwall did not. Prove me wrong.

:lol:

... The point is, Kronwall is a 35 point defenseman while playing behind Nicklas Lidstrom. He proved that. But now Lidstrom is gone. Stuart is gone. Kronwall has been anointed #1 honors and is being forced into a roll he's never had to play in his NHL career. So let's see what he can do playing against the best of the best (like Suter has). If you're a realistic fan, you would have concerns too.

Suter played top line minutes. Kronwall did not. Prove me wrong.

Kronwall has been playing 20+ minutes for years, as well as being a primary penalty killer. He has played alongside Lidstrom at times. He's no stranger to top-line opposition, and has proven himself more than capable in that role.

If he struggles, it will be due to the lack of a true top-pair partner; not his own shortcomings. You should have the same worry regarding Suter.

And when it comes down to it.....anyone who watches hockey knows how good Niklas Kronwall is. Forget stats, as good as they are you don't even need them to show that Kronwall is a #1 guy lol. Just watch a wings game. He's just as good, if not better, than most of the other #1 guys out there in the league.

Again, if the D falters it will be due to lack of depth....not lack of Kronwall

We should probably get back on topic though....Are we still a top UFA destination? Well in the players poll just this last season the players voted and said the team that they'd most like to play for, in the entire league, is the Detroit Red Wings. We weren't just in the top 5 or top 10, we were the number freaking 1. Question answered?