The NHL will never recover from this.

bringit.jpg

#42 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

Saying the NHL can go fornicate with itself is putting it mildly. I'm sick of the league, I'm sick of the people running the league, I'm sick of the people running the Players' Association.....sick of them all. Fire them all, hire new people, start from scratch. Or in more direct terms, scorch the earth and then salt it.

Right, and you know there will be another Lockout in 6 years anyway, so what's the point in trying to throw a CBA together? With this current bunch of morons, nothing get's fixed. 50/50 isn't going to fix anything. The Owners need to share revenues better, instead of letting teams like the Leafs sit on massive profits while Phoenix rots, and the city of Glendale pays Millions and Millions to keep the team.

The current system is insane!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#43 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

All the people telling me that the owners need a bigger share of the pie so that the 18 teams losing money can be back in the black...shut up. Please shut up. There was nothing in the owners' proposal that would do anything to keep idiot GM's from circumventing their own rules they asked for, and generally doing an awful job running hockey teams in markets that don't even really want hockey.

Yeah a 7% change won't do anything. In 6 years they'll just lock the player out again and try and get them down to 45%. Unless the players take the Owners down, and get them to revenue share better, things won't change.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#44 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,050 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

Eh... I know Toronto and Detroit fans feel really shafted due to the obvious, but let us hope things in the end will be worth the wait.

Screw that. That was the song and dance we got in 2005. We'll get it again in another 5 years or so when the CBA that they finally commit to expires. Part of me wants to go back to the 80s. We sucked, but there was no lockout looming. Ever.
Another part of me wants to travel back in time and give Gary's parents a condom.

This game was HUGE for me. HUGE. Locking all of us out and losing the WC is just too much.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#45 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

Someone needs to step up and get something on tv over here. I really don't care if its ahl or chl or a new league just some hockey! i'm going coco. Not once a week like a few plz.....PLZ!

#46 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

Posted Image

Edited by Euro_Twins, 03 November 2012 - 11:46 AM.

I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#47 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

Another great job done by our great commissioner, I hope whoever owns the Leafs now and Illitch are going to speak up finally against this undersized idiot. God job of killing yourself NHL what a s***job.

Isn't it funny? The by far best WC logos are the ones without the damn BS logo on them *lol*

but whatever the league just shot themselves in the foot even more. I hope it was worth it for some of the crying poor owners and their midget, f*** the NHL seriously. I didn't care that much about the WC itself but seeing the perfect human one more time would have been great.

This ******* has now cost us:

- WC
- 1 year of Y
- 2 years of Datsyuk
- 2 years of Zetterberg
- 1 year of the perfect human
- Wings owner millions of $ so he can pony up his stupid sunbelt and micky mouse clubs

There's absolutely nothing funny about the lockout. But all these posts are a totally different story.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#48 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

This is playing in my mind as well Im glad I have a few days to decide. One thing I am asking myself is hypothetically speaking if the winter classic tickets were available to be purchased a year in advance would I have bought them? Im sure I would have I am reminding myself this is The Wings and the Leafs in something I will probably never see again in my life. I dont want to kick myself a year from now and start frantically running around trying to get tickets to this thing because I forgot what happened this year.

As angry as I am with the NHL I am surprised that I am leaning towards keeping the tickets till next year even though the "thing to do" should be to get my money back

This is exactly why owners do lockouts...they have nothing to lose...everyone says they're angry and they're done with the NHL blah blah blah...but just as the owners don't change, neither do the fans. They continue to allow the NHL to treat them like dung, and then keep complaining about it and then go back like sheep and buy tickets and Center Ice and the rest only to let the same thing happen again. It's like Rihanna continually going back to Chris Brown and then being shocked when he smacks her around again.

#49 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

This is exactly why owners do lockouts...they have nothing to lose...everyone says they're angry and they're done with the NHL blah blah blah...but just as the owners don't change, neither do the fans. They continue to allow the NHL to treat them like dung, and then keep complaining about it and then go back like sheep and buy tickets and Center Ice and the rest only to let the same thing happen again. It's like Rihanna continually going back to Chris Brown and then being shocked when he smacks her around again.

Hey remember that time you compared a hockey game to recurring instances of domestic assault? Good post dude, those things are super comparable.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#50 Jedi

Jedi

Fire and Blood

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,780 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Sucks, but it's the best thing to cancel the game. The lockout has left yet another black mark on the history of the league, and that mark doesn't need to tarnish the league's premier event. The teams don't deserve that, the participants in the Winter Festival at Comerica don't deserve that, and most of all, the fans don't deserve it.

bdc4.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls..."

#51 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,547 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

Please keep the discussion about the lockout and addressing the content of people's posts, not about the person themselves.

Posts that cross over into personal insults will be deleted and could result in warnings/suspensions (I've already had to delete a few).

Thanks.

#52 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

Good ol Stanley is going to look mighty good with all those gaps every 6-7 years.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#53 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

Speaking of crying.....

Which player will be crying this week to the media. Poor NHLPA and poor Fehr. They are just innocent bystanders in all of this. The Devil wears an NHL Logo.

When will the players wake up and finally see that Fehr is just playing a game with all of their money? They are all getting screwed.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 05 November 2012 - 03:11 PM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#54 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

Right, and you know there will be another Lockout in 6 years anyway, so what's the point in trying to throw a CBA together? With this current bunch of morons, nothing get's fixed. 50/50 isn't going to fix anything. The Owners need to share revenues better, instead of letting teams like the Leafs sit on massive profits while Phoenix rots, and the city of Glendale pays Millions and Millions to keep the team.

The current system is insane!

How is it the Leafs fault that they make boat loads of money and the Glendale taxpayers pay millions to keep a team that they don't support anyways? The NHL just needs to leave Phoenix. Why should the Leafs pay any more to revenue sharing than the next team? If they have more profitable teams paying more than others then there needs to be a hierarchy in the NHL where the owners with the most profit have more pull than the owners of teams who can't afford to pay their players and have to give tickets away to get people to the games cause no one will show up otherwise.

There is a lockout because there are too many non-hockey markets in the NHL. And why should the rich owners pay the salaries and other costs for teams? Personally, I think revenue sharing is complete BS. That's like Coke giving money to Pepsi cause they can't afford to pay for bottles to put their drink in, but they still want to sell pop....

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#55 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

Sucks, but it's the best thing to cancel the game. The lockout has left yet another black mark on the history of the league, and that mark doesn't need to tarnish the league's premier event. The teams don't deserve that, the participants in the Winter Festival at Comerica don't deserve that, and most of all, the fans don't deserve it.

Not just the events, but the players also lose years of their careers and primes.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg are now short about 100 career NHL points due to the lockout. Teemu Selanne could in all reality have over 700 goals now and over 1500 points. I barf in my mouth as I type this, but Crosby and Ovechkin both had their rookie season delayed a year and lost likely 100 points each to the last full season lockout, and Crosby is "healthy" again and could potentially get 120 points this year with a full season. Nyquist and Smith should be rookies on the Wings roster. Brunner should be on Z's line on the Wings along with Filppula. We have a good backup goalie to alleviate pressure on Howard this year. Tootoo hits and forechecks, nuff said. The Wings are without a captain cause the season hasn't started. The list goes on....Winter Classic. And if there's another year without the Stanley Cup rewarded, the NHL will have a hard time recovering especially in the US. And after their first cup win in history, the Kings don't even get the hounour of defending their crown.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#56 Jackctheripper

Jackctheripper

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

Wish they would just get a deal done so we can watch some hockey....

#57 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Read an article today mentioning how even hockeymad markets like Toronto and Montreal almost stopped reporting about hockey.

This is a dangerous game and still can't understand how it has come to this again in 5 years again.?

At least Wings and Leafs are going to play the next WC whenever NHL is back

Sent from my BlackBerry

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#58 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

canada giving up the nhl is like americans giving up the nfl. it will never happen no matter how many strikes/lockouts there are

Edited by chances14, 19 November 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#59 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

As a Canadian, f*** the NHL and the US currency.

Paid:
OEI JLA BOX OFFICE 313-396-7575, MI 708.00 USD @ 1.022768
$724.12

Received:
OEI JLA BOX OFFICE 313-396-7575, MI -708.00 USD @ .970127
$686.85

#60 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

As a Canadian, f*** the NHL and the US currency.

Paid:
OEI JLA BOX OFFICE 313-396-7575, MI 708.00 USD @ 1.022768
$724.12

Received:
OEI JLA BOX OFFICE 313-396-7575, MI -708.00 USD @ .970127
$686.85

Ouch... Sorry bro
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1