• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#41 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ogreslayer" data-cid="2337652" data-time="1357345311"><p>
Can't say it's 100% certain until it's signed, but it is under negotiation as part of the next CBA.  Latest word was that the NHL had thrown in an extra buyout per team (up to 2) that could be done prior to the proposed cap drop to $60m for 2013-2014.</p></blockquote>

What happens if a team cant reach the number?

#42 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,817 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

I trade Emmy and Mursak to Carolina for Welsh, then I buy out Franzine and Kindl and have some cap room to see who becomes available on the cheap.... (Hossa, Iginla, The  f****** All Star, Ryan Malone)

In no way do I want the Red Wings to have anything to do with Lieno EVER!

Edited by LeftWinger, 05 January 2013 - 01:54 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#43 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

SAMMY

Then go after a trur 4th line center and a DEF...

Sammy needs to go.
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#44 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

No ones going to buy out a player they just signed..

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#45 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

Yeah, why would the Red Wings buyout Sammy?

If they didn't want him, they could have just not signed him six months ago.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#46 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,817 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

Looks like we will have hockey, eh?

I wish I could say I was excited enough to dance, but I am still very upset at the whole ordeal! At least the Winter Classic plans will be the same for next year!

So, with the new salary cap set for next season, does this mean that all teams can remain the same for this short season? I still hope Holland strikes a deal for a REAL sniper and a TOP teir #1 Defenseman...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#47 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Well they have the framework done, so we will be having hockey. We don't have much to worry about in buyouts since our cap hit is $61,442,045. The cap for next season is $64.3 million. The only reason we would have to buy out a player is if someone becomes available that we want that would cost us more than $3 million a season. So everyones hopes of franzen being gone are almost completely null and void now. Not to mention he clearly is worth every penny for a 30 goal scorer, even if he does slack off half the season.

#48 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Franzen is getting bought out. That one is a given, unless he lights it up in this mini-season and playoffs. The contract length is just too long, and its a relic the Wings don't want or need under a new CBA. They have 2 available buyouts that they have to use this coming summer, and they will use one on Franzen, unless he turns it on in an amazing way.

#49 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,079 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Having the buyouts in the summer is very interesting. The FA market this summer will be unbelievable, if only because of GMs love to toss around so much money in the old CBA.

#NOMOREKINDL

#50 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Franzen is getting bought out. That one is a given, unless he lights it up in this mini-season and playoffs. The contract length is just too long, and its a relic the Wings don't want or need under a new CBA. They have 2 available buyouts that they have to use this coming summer, and they will use one on Franzen, unless he turns it on in an amazing way.

Agree. Unless he's the leading goal scorer for the year, the Wings get rid of him.

bringit.jpg

#51 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Yeah, why would the Red Wings buyout Sammy?
If they didn't want him, they could have just not signed him six months ago.
Maybe because of:

1. Six months ago Salary Cap was over $70M
2. Now, there will be couple of better options for Def (which Holland needs to improve)
3. With lower salary cap it would be STUPID to keep Sammy when you have Brunner which will have to play with Z on the second line.

Everything has CHANGED since this summer

Edited by Dominator2005, 06 January 2013 - 04:00 PM.

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#52 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,149 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

I'd still be a little surprised if they bought out Mule though I think this season will be an important one for him.  The Wings will need him in a big way to get into the playoffs and to go very far.  It'll clarify if his past playoff success was an aberration or him living up to his potential. 

The shortened season should suit his short attention span though. 

#53 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Well they have the framework done, so we will be having hockey. We don't have much to worry about in buyouts since our cap hit is $61,442,045. The cap for next season is $64.3 million. The only reason we would have to buy out a player is if someone becomes available that we want that would cost us more than $3 million a season. So everyones hopes of franzen being gone are almost completely null and void now. Not to mention he clearly is worth every penny for a 30 goal scorer, even if he does slack off half the season.

just because the wings are set salary cap wise does not mean that they won't buy anyone out. like i mentioned earlier, if you are given the chance to get out of a long term contract for an under performing player (aka franzen) with no consequences salary cap wise, you do take advantage of it. it's not like these amnesty buyouts come around every year. this is going to be a huge season for franzen.

Edited by chances14, 06 January 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#54 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

just because the wings are set salary cap wise does not mean that they won't buy anyone out. like i mentioned earlier, if you are given the chance to get out of a long term contract for an under performing player (aka franzen) with no consequences salary cap wise, you do take advantage of it. it's not like these amnesty buyouts come around every year. this is going to be a huge season for franzen.

This

I would like to add that Kenny will still be looking for the top 2 DEF... and you can't add it with $3m cap space

#55 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

They could also use the open roster spots so guys like Tatar, Andersson, Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen, Frk, etc. actually have a shot at making the NHL before they're 26 and washed up.

#56 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Franzens contract is good on the back end, isnt it? Didnt they pay him heavier upfront?

#57 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

As much as I don't like to see it I think Franzen is as sure as gone.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#58 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

Franzens contract is good on the back end, isnt it? Didnt they pay him heavier upfront?
yes but the cap hit is the same for each year. Pus it's another roster spot that could be used to develop a younger player

#59 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

All of you proposing, or suggesting, Franzen be bought out have lost your damn minds. He STILL scored 29 goals last year and led the team, on a down year, AND his cap hit is less than 4m a year... Take a look around the league at comparable contracts... Kenny would be certifiably INSANE to buy out his contract and just give him a TON of money to NOT play here... this isn't just cap space, this is real money and this is still a business... Furthermore, I GUARANTEE teams would trade for him, if for nothing more that a low draft pick (and even that is an insane suggestion) if we truly just wanted him gone, so why in the hell would we buy him out?!? Suggestions like this really make me think some people on this board have been enjoying recreational drugs WAYYYY too much...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#60 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

Wow, it's been a long time since I have posted here. All that I am going to say is that I stopped reading on this forum because of the lockout thread, of which the mods finally locked down, that thread really left a bad taste; no matter what the outcome comes to be.

Having fun reading this thread though. Almost like a FA thread with a few unknowns still hanging out there.