• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
chances14

Samuelsson has sore groin; day to day

Rate this topic

If anyone remembers Babcock's interview via mlive during the lockout the one fond quote we could always take away from that interview was something along the lines of, "because of the shortened season we're going to see many hockey players go down early. team's will be coming out of the gate with the full-speed ahead mentality and it'll lead to many injuries." sure enough, we'll start seeing the injuries pile on as majority of these guys bodies aren't used to the intense workout it'll be getting during practice/gametime.

That's what happens when you sign old men to contracts for a shortened season.

We have to keep our fingers crossed all year with injuries.

Because only old players pull groins.

Someone better inform Kassian, Spurgeon, Scandella, Booth, and Huberdeau that they shouldn't be getting groin injuries because they aren't over 30.

Lol, he's day to day not done for 4-6 weeks..relax

Sure but to be fair:

“Groin soreness and he’s being evaluated, so when I talk about groins normally that means day-to-day and then two weeks later we talk about it again,’’ coach Mike Babcock said. “And for a goalie, it usually means day-to-day and three weeks later we talk about it.’‘

So in practice they'll need someone to fill in and it's an opportunity for them and a chance for everyone else to see what they can do.

Because only old players pull groins.

Someone better inform Kassian, Spurgeon, Scandella, Booth, and Huberdeau that they shouldn't be getting groin injuries because they aren't over 30.

Well, older players are more likely to take longer to recover from injuries.

This sort of thing no doubt happens at the start of every training camp and never draws attention as they have time to get over it. The shortened training camp it's bound to happen, i doubt it is serious.

Iginila has the same thing, it's a bigger loss to them then samuelsson would be to us though.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="metalkorn" data-cid="2340068" data-time="1358195617"><p>

Iginila has the same thing, it's a bigger loss to them then samuelsson would be to us though.

</p></blockquote>

At least they still have huds!! :P

Suddenly we become just better...

Guy hasn't even played a game yet, and already getting this treatment. He's a good player that puts up comparable numbers to Okposo, Foliginio, Riemsydk, Derek Roy, Latendresse, Hornqvist, etc.

Guy hasn't even played a game yet, and already getting this treatment. He's a good player that puts up comparable numbers to Okposo, Foliginio, Riemsydk, Derek Roy, Latendresse, Hornqvist, etc.

I have to admit I've ripped on Sammy for his shot selection in the past, but given his production and his contract at the time, he was a bargain for the Wings.

I can't say I wanted him back necessarily though on a 35+ contract with a NTC.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Carman" data-cid="2340136" data-time="1358219999"><p>

<br />

Guy hasn't even played a game yet, and already getting this treatment. He's a good player that puts up comparable numbers to Okposo, Foliginio, Riemsydk, Derek Roy, Latendresse, Hornqvist, etc.</p></blockquote>

You havent heard? Ericsson is off the bash list. Sammy is the new target.

Guest Crymson
Well, older players are more likely to take longer to recover from injuries.

That's entirely circumstantial.