• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Din758

New lines going into Friday (not speculation)

Rate this topic

Heres the new line that the wings are skating with today per Khan:

Bert-Dat-Flip

Brun-Z-Mule

Cleary-Helm-Miller

Tootoo-Abby-Eaves

Kronwall-Lashoff

Q-Smith

Huskins-Kindl

In particular the top 2 O lines, and the top D line look really good to me. We needed a big guy mixing in with the top line.

Looks much better to me.

edit: now khan tweeting also experimenting switching eaves and miller.

edit #2:

PP1, same as before, Dat, Mule, Z, Brun, Kronwall

PP2, Flip-22-Bert, Smith, Kindl

Edited by Din758

I'd prefer Mule with Datsyuk and Filpulla, and Bert with Z and Brunner, but it's not a big deal. Just don't think that first line will generate enough shots, as all those guys are pass first. Hopefully that will force Fil or Datsyuk to shoot.

Really like having Helm back, not only for him, but I think Abby-Tootoo-Eaves will be a very very good 4th line, all great on the forecheck, and can all score(at least for 4th liners).

Heres the new line that the wings are skating with today per Khan:

Bert-Dat-Flip

Brun-Z-Mule

Cleary-Helm-Miller

Tootoo-Abby-Eaves

Kronwall-Lashoff

Q-Smith

Huskins-Kindl

In particular the top 2 O lines, and the top D line look really good to me. We needed a big guy mixing in with the top line.

Looks much better to me.

I agree looks way better! Defense still looks awful, but what can ya do

Guest RedWingsDad

I'd prefer Mule with Datsyuk and Filpulla, and Bert with Z and Brunner, but it's not a big deal. Just don't think that first line will generate enough shots, as all those guys are pass first. Hopefully that will force Fil or Datsyuk to shoot.

Really like having Helm back, not only for him, but I think Abby-Tootoo-Eaves will be a very very good 4th line, all great on the forecheck, and can all score(at least for 4th liners).

I agree, I'd rather see Bert with Z and Brunner. Really good to see Helm back in the line-up. Let's hope he doesn't get injured straight away. :X

I think the Bert-dat combo looks good for now, if only the fact theyve played alot together the last couple years. Mule-Z-Brun looks too be the most offensive of them all. Im loving brunner shooting non-stop these first couple games.

I agree with the thoughts so far, but I think they should switch Flip and Brunner. Brunner likes to shoot, as does Zetterberg, so I think they should spread them out across the two lines. However I do like that each line now has a big body on it, say what you want about Bert, but at least he can hang on to the puck in the offensive zone. Ideally I'd have Brunner-Pav-Franzen/Bert, Flip-Zetterberg-Franzen/Bert, but I can live with what they have here if it turns out to be effective.

Guest irishock

Emdog the odd man out. Eaves in. Samuelsson will probably replace Eaves when he comes back.

Edited by irishock

PP lines added to OP, heres a copy.

interesting to see 22 in there. said to be the net front presence. if thats true not sure why bert makes it in there. no helm?

PP lines added to OP, heres a copy.

interesting to see 22 in there. said to be the net front presence. if thats true not sure why bert makes it in there. no helm?

Can't hurt, at least you know Tootoo well take a beating in front, and can win the battles in corners.

Just didn't want to do sprints

Just didn't want to do sprintsJust didn't want to do sprintsJust didn't want to do sprintsJust didn't want to do sprintsJust didn't want to do sprintsJust didn't want to do sprints

I like that first line. If i remember correctly Bert and Dats had some awesome chemistry last season. I was really worried that they were ganna demote Bertuzzi to a 3rd line role, but with the lack of top 6 talent on the team he'd have to be up there so I'm pretty excited for tomorrows game...well minus the whole no defense thing...

Please be an equipment problem...

Said the knee that had the sprained MCL in November was bothering him, but that he expects to play tomorrow...

https://twitter.com/AnsarKhanMLive/status/294496618428895232

Filppula said his knee (sprained MCL in Nov.) still bothering him a bit but he expects to play tomm(orrow).

It's also kinda funny that the second D pairing on the PP is Smith/Kindl as opposed to Smith/Quincey. Say what you want about Quincey's game right now, he has shown to have good offensive/PP qualitites. It seems as though the Wings are intent on transforming Quincey into a D first, and only, type of d-man

I hear that Tootoo was only on the 2nd PP unit filling in for Cleary because Cleary was on the PK unit.

Dont expect to see Tootoo on the PP

Yeah, I was scratching my head at that too, but then I saw that Khan covered that. Cleary was already working on the PK, so Tootoo subbed in. Not expected to be on the PP.

Guest Crymson

No Emmerton! Yay!

Anyway, I'd prefer to see Eaves play with Miller and Helm and have Cleary play on the 4th line instead.

Edited by Crymson