• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

I'll wait for them to go down again before saying its an up and down season.  I mean, cmon guys, no preseason games, lots of new players, lots of injuries and we struggled.  Now that there's some experience and healthy bodies we're playing much better and winning some games.  That's not inconsistency, that's normal.  

And don't forget a new assistant coach who is trying to install a new power play system too.

#22 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

I'm still sticking to my original idea that this team has the possibility to be a threat. We just need the lineup to be healthy. Our lineup relies wayyyy too much on being injury-free and unfortunately the past recent seasons it hasn't gone our way. If the boys play like they should, people do their job, I don't see any reason why this team can't make some noise during the off-season. They got the talent, and they got the crew, they just need the heart and motivation to carry them. Brunner looks like the real deal so far, and if he continues this play, he needs to be signed before the seasons end ASAP. Other teams are probably drolling over the fact that he is only on a 1-yr term, especially when it's possible he could have a bad experience with detroit if we play poorly. I loved the fact that his experience in detroit has been awesome so far, he loved opening night walking out in the fog seeing all the red lights, he loves the crowd and journey. He could easily become a favorite here, and he is always smiles. I love him already, he just brings another overcasting emotion to the team, they grab his smiles and let it carry. Tootoo has been UNREAL and I hope everyone who was against this signing is eating crow like it's fun. He brings a dimension we haven't had in recent years, and my GOD it feels good to have it back. I just want our fanbase to welcome and keep that boy within our hearts and it looks like that will be happening. Cleary has more than frustrated me, along with Helmer. It seems like he can never stay healthy, and he seriously is my favorite wing next to pasha. 

Good post. I agree that we can be really dangerous when injury free.

#23 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

You mean the day every season that Holland is at the golf course?  

Holland probably lost to Stevie in Golf last year and thus had to give up a 1st AND take Quincey

bringit.jpg