• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matt198913

Mule out tonight

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

Undoubtedly, this is the beginning of the big Stamkos trade that Kenny and Yzerman have been plotting all along.

Undoubtedly, this is the beginning of the big Stamkos trade that Kenny and Yzerman have been plotting all along.

Obviously....

But in all seriousness it's just next man up. If the Wings stay out of the box they should be fine

It'll be interesting to see how Hank and Brunner work with a guy who will skate like he gives a s***. I know he's been skating harder but that doesn't change the fact he still floats. He just doesn't float as much. In a scenario where you have two skilled players who work well together, it's always fun to see who will mesh well with them. One plus one doesn't always equal two in the case of chemistry, it's not always the obvious choice. It could be someone like Cleary or even Eaves, who knows. I'd use this as a chance to bring up Nyquist and see if he can do something on that line.

I'm more concerned with the PP. Mule's been good there. He doesn't have to skate much. It sounds odd but I'd put Abby up there and tell him to park his ass. I think it's just the type of thing he'd be good at. Minimal dangling, minimal puck movement, just sitting on the crease.

It'll be interesting to see how Hank and Brunner work with a guy who will skate like he gives a s***. I know he's been skating harder but that doesn't change the fact he still floats. He just doesn't float as much. In a scenario where you have two skilled players who work well together, it's always fun to see who will mesh well with them. One plus one doesn't always equal two in the case of chemistry, it's not always the obvious choice. It could be someone like Cleary or even Eaves, who knows. I'd use this as a chance to bring up Nyquist and see if he can do something on that line.

I'm more concerned with the PP. Mule's been good there. He doesn't have to skate much. It sounds odd but I'd put Abby up there and tell him to park his ass. I think it's just the type of thing he'd be good at. Minimal dangling, minimal puck movement, just sitting on the crease.

I wouldn't mind seeing Eaves up on the second line for a period or something. The dude can skate and is good defensively too when need be.

Hockeymom1960 likes this

Hopefully we catch wind that hes been called up to push cleary down to his rightful place on the 3rd or 4th line

Cleary should replace conks in the commercials plunging the toilet

Cleary should center the top line and play the point on the powerplay.

Cleary, Cleary, Cleary.......................

Well, not exactly the way I want to see him out of the lineup...I'd prefer a healthy scratch...get well soon Franzine, I never wish an injury on anyone...

Cleary seems to just give up on some shifts when they run long. Either get scored on or take a penalty he just wants off the ice. Quick shifts is key for Cleary to be effective

Whine all you want about Franzen, but he produces. Just because he doesn't put forth his all in every game doesn't mean he isn't valuable.

FFS when is Nyquist going to get a chance?

If Franzen goes on IR, that's when Gus will be called up. There's no space on the roster tonight unless they want to send one of Lash/Tats/Andersson down.

As much as I'd like to see Nyquist get his chance I'd rather have the mule back next game as opposed to him going on IR.

Either way, we'll know more tomorrow.

Edited by paulb1320

I think these last two games are Cleary getting his last chances. He can't play effectively on a checking line anymore; if he can't score alongside very good players either, then he's useless.