• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

Numerous reports are that Sabres have cut him after trying to trade him the last few days. Many people are stunned.

I dont know a ton of him, but looking at his stats looks big and tough and still chip in 20pts.

Would he be a good fit here if we were able to move others?

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#2 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

no, we have enough centers, he is a big body, butt I don't see where they would put him, plus he's only had 1 20 point season, he's basically another Emmerton

#3 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

ya just noticed the 1-20 goal season, he got 20 in the ahl the year prior and i didnt notice that was what that was from.

lets try this then, would he be an upgrade over emmerton? would it be a waste to have him playing over one of our younger guys?

#4 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

He fights so Holland won't have anything to do with him.  Next!

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#5 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,974 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

Abdelkader/Mccormick/Tootoo would make a nice, scrappy fourth line!
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#6 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,854 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

Abdelkader/Mccormick/Tootoo would make a nice, scrappy fourth line!

Holland would cut his wrists before letting a line like that take the ice.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#7 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Mccormick can play wing and hes the exact type of heavyweight fighter that you should look for in todays NHL. Most sabres fans are shocked he was waived because he can play ~8 mins a night, chip in 15 points a year, fight anyone and throw hits. I would love Detroit to claim him as their 13th forward but with the number of guys they have down in the bottom 6 I really doubt it.

Emmertons starting to get really good on the PK so he wouldnt knock him out of the line up but he would be baetter 13th forward at this point then a few guys down there

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#8 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Maybe at the risk of losing Miller or Eaves or sending Andersson back to GR...but I think Andersson is starting to find his way now and besides, I really don't think Babs would play him too often...IMO

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#9 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

Maybe at the risk of losing Mursak and sending Andersson back to GR...but I think Andersson is starting to find his way now and besides, I really don't think Babs would play him too often...IMO

Fixed.

#10 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Mccormick can play wing and hes the exact type of heavyweight fighter that you should look for in todays NHL. Most sabres fans are shocked he was waived because he can play ~8 mins a night, chip in 15 points a year, fight anyone and throw hits. I would love Detroit to claim him as their 13th forward but with the number of guys they have down in the bottom 6 I really doubt it.

Emmertons starting to get really good on the PK so he wouldnt knock him out of the line up but he would be baetter 13th forward at this point then a few guys down there

I would only want a guy who is primarily a heavyweight fighter to be able to win most of his fights against other heavyweight fighters.

He didn't appear to be much og a challenge for Lucic here. I love how Lucic picks him up after knocking him down the first time "this ain't over yet"

#11 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

that first pop he took to the eye was a dandy though. cant blame him for not being able to fight to his best ability after that.

#12 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,854 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

I would only want a guy who is primarily a heavyweight fighter to be able to win most of his fights against other heavyweight fighters.

He didn't appear to be much og a challenge for Lucic here. I love how Lucic picks him up after knocking him down the first time "this ain't over yet"

He's not a heavyweight fighter.  Neither is Lucic.  

#13 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Don't think he's getting picked up by the Wings

IPB Image

#14 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Fixed.

Honestly man, I don't even include Mursak in any of the future plans. I think if he re-signs a contract he will spend most his time in GR. It is best to incorporate him in a deal or sign him in the off season and trade him.  I just hope he doesn't go for arbitration then we are stuck with him for a least a year.  At this point, he would be just taking up a roster spot that would be filled by a better player from GR....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#15 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

Lucic isn't???

He is 6'4" 220lbs

He is easily one of the top 10 fighters in the league

#16 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,854 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Lucic isn't???

He is 6'4" 220lbs

He is easily one of the top 10 fighters in the league

Are you Jack Edwards by any chance?

A heavyweight enforcer isn't necessarily someone who is actually "heavy".  Tie Domi and Joey Kocur just to name a few.  A "heavy" in hockey is someone who fights other top enforcers all the time.  He doesn't, which is why he's labeled a spotpicker by about 75% of the posters on hockeyfights or dropyourgloves.   

He has some wins against top heavies, but he's had some losses as well.  The problem is he doesn't fight great enforcers that often. Unfortunately, the pure enforcer doesn't play that often in the NHL anymore, either.  Mostly in the AHL.  In any case, he's not a top 10 fighter.   

BTW, posting the video of him hiding behind the ref in the Orr fight doesn't help your cause.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 20 February 2013 - 04:45 PM.

#17 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

No more "depth" bottom 6ers, please.  Big or not.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#18 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,854 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

No more "depth" bottom 6ers, please.  Big or not.

Even if they fight and entertain the "always bored" JLA crowd?

#19 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Are you Jack Edwards by any chance?

A heavyweight enforcer isn't necessarily someone who is actually "heavy".  Tie Domi and Joey Kocur just to name a few.  A "heavy" in hockey is someone who fights other top enforcers all the time.  He doesn't, which is why he's labeled a spotpicker by about 75% of the posters on hockeyfights or dropyourgloves.   

He has some wins against top heavies, but he's had some losses as well.  The problem is he doesn't fight great enforcers that often.  Unfortunately, the pure enforcer doesn't play that often in the NHL anymore, either.  Mostly in the AHL.  In any case, he's not a top 10 fighter.   

BTW, posting the video of him hiding behind the ref in the Orr fight doesn't help your cause.

Other than the Orr fight, show me another he has lost and he went Orr good until he backed off at the end. Lucic plays on Boston's top 2 lines so he is not often on the ice when goons are

Who is Jack Edwards?

Who are the top 10 fighters then?

Edited by Johnz96, 20 February 2013 - 04:51 PM.

#20 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,220 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

I'd love the Sabres waiving John Scott this guy should be an inmediate pickup for us. Strong as a bull and easily a top 5 enforcer in the league. So whenever the Preds decide to dress Rives or McGrattan we would have someone to answer.

Lucic is a spotpicker, I have never seen him fighting guys like Scott, MacIntyre, McGrattan or Orr after Orr broke his nose. He hasn't even fought Engelland who is way smaller both in size and weightclass.

That said pick him up and build a gritty, no nonsense line for the first time since years.

Edited by frankgrimes, 20 February 2013 - 04:50 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !