• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

Unbelievable how undervalued Suter has become, since he decided not to wear the Winged-Wheel. I mean, to each their own but I'd easily trade Kronwall for Suter (an elite player), which Kronwall is not. Having a real top pairing also makes it easier for the forwards to score. As good as Hank and Pavel are, they can't do everything so you need a guy moving the puck out of the zone, to create those highlight reel opportunities, the Wings don't have anyone capable of doing so, sad but true.

This team is not a true number one defenseman away from winning the cup, they are a true number one defenseman, a shutdown guy AND a top winger away from being in the contention again.

For better or worse being sellers at the trade-deadline might be exactly what the doctor ordered, get another first round pick and a draft a shuttdown guy + ´puck moving defenseman. I agree with people saying, that as Wings fans most of us aren't used to wait and see but I'd rather see a young and coming team then trying to make the playoffs at all costs and getting bounced easily in the first round again.

It's not that he has become undervalued BECAUSE he decided not to be a wing, it's that he is not playing nearly like a 7.8 million dollar defenceman. Have you actually watched the games with Minnesota? I have watched quite a few, and he just doesn't strike me as "elite" now that he doesn't have Weber anymore. I would not trade Kronner for a 5 million dollar/year defenceman at a 7.8 million cap hit. Kronwall does what he is paid to do, and is worth his contract, Minnesota can have Suter. 

Do you think LGW fans would just "undervalue" him because he didn't want to be a wing? No they choose to overvalue and talk about how bad a decision it was for years, look at Hossa if you don't believe me, 4 years later and everyone is still pissed about that. Suter obviously has to be playing poorly enough that wings fans are now happy we didn't get him. Hell even Minnesota fans aren't liking him.