Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

http://sports.yahoo....25728--nhl.html

#2 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

My thoughts: good hit. as the writer on yahoo sports mentioned, Zucker was watching his pass and not watching what was coming. Perry hit him with his back side, and it is not his fault he is 4 inches taller.

#3 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

It's late and to the head.  Nothing "good" about that.  Perry's got a douchebag rep too.  Thumbs down.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#4 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

Late.... hit to the head....blindside....defence-less.....repeat offender.

i would expect 4-5 games. Predicting 2-3.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#5 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

NHL=No hitting league.....

#6 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

i want him regardless. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#7 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

We need guys like this. Dirty player I know but we lack em.

bringit.jpg

#8 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

Bad hit...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#9 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

id love to have that talented ******* on the wings.

#10 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

IMO that's clean. What's the wait on hits? To me that didn't seem that late. Please some one enlighten me.

If that's the worst he does, make him a Wing (unless someone can convince me thats douchier than I think)

#11 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

Late, dangerous hit to the blindside. I don't like Perry.

IMO that's clean. What's the wait on hits? To me that didn't seem that late. Please some one enlighten me.

If that's the worst he does, make him a Wing (unless someone can convince me thats douchier than I think)

The allowance of hits on players who have passed away the puck exists so as to take into account the hitter's momentum toward his target. It isn't always possible for a player to pull up after his target gets rid of the puck. In this event, there's no question that Perry had time to veer off before coming into contact.

You'll find few people here, fans of Perry included, who aren't aware that the guy is a complete and utter d-bag.

Edited by Crymson, 13 March 2013 - 01:01 AM.

#12 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

Don't like this hit at all, he should have pulled up, or hit him body to body.

He was trying to level the rookie, and he did.

Should get 5 games minimum, he is a bigger name than the guy he hurt, so he will probably get 2 at most.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#13 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

Wish I could say I'm surprised the pansies here think its dirty. The same people who forget what Stevie y did but then talk about about Crosby and others for doing same stuff.

Hit was fine the timing was fine. The only thing questionable was arm being up but he has a severe height advantage didn't look intentional. General rule is you're allowed three steps to hit someone after they get rid of puck. Sometimes refs shorten it up sometimes lengthen it.

#14 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,685 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

IMHO - late hit - elbows tucked in - Perry's probably got 4, or 5 inches in height so it looks as though he's targeting Zucker's noggin.

Again - a late hit - just unfortunate that Zucker's noggin took most of the blow.

If there's gonna be a suspension - 2 games - if that.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#15 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

I'd toss him on general principles.  He's a certified asshat.

Posted Image

#16 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

This barely got one game suspension for reference:

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#17 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,685 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

I can understand how many here don't like Perry, but I gotta be honest - I'd love to have him on the Red Wings.

Just a few short years ago the general consensus on TooToo was no different, and now many love him...I'm certain there wouldn't be any difference if Perry became a Wing.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#18 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

hate this little a* Perry and hope he's gonna get it. but...

I don't see a reason to any suspension here. the young guy needs to keep his head up and stop admiring his passes. otherwise bad things will happen:

http://www.youtube.c...EylfgdwEnQ#t=9s

it is a bit late and head is the main contact + Perry is no angel, so Shanaban may give him a game or two... but in all honesty - I'm perfectly OK if he rules against any suspension...

#19 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

akustyk,

Was you post of the Umberger hit to show similiarities?

That was Umberger skating with the puck with his head down, something he does quite often actually.

Zucker had passed the puck.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#20 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

NHL=No hitting league.....

The only purpose of that hit was to hurt the guy. And Perry did hit him in the head. I do not think height difference excuses it one bit.

Zucker needs to learn that even without the puck you have to pay attention for his own safety, but it does not mean that the hit was legal.