• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Official NHL Trade Deadline thread

Rate this topic

* Carolina Hurricanes today announced that the team has acquired defenseman Marc-Andre Bergeron (BAIR-zhur-uhn) from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for Adam Hall and a seventh-round pick in the 2013 Draft.

*Nick Kypreos@RealKyper1m
#Canucks trade for #Stars Roy for 2nd pick and prospect. #TradeTracker

* Nick Cotsonika ‏@cotsonika 20s
Welp. Jagr to Bruins, per @MikeHeika, for two prospects and a pick.

* The Phoenix Coyotes have traded forward Joel Rechlicz to the Washington Capitals in exchange for forward Matthew Clackson.

* Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 38m
Los Angeles trades Drewiske to Habs for Montreal's own 5th round pick in the 2013 Draft.

* Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3h

As expected, Clowe has waived his NTC to go to NYR. SJ and NYR just to need to finalize but not expected to be a problem.

Edited by vladdy16
Updated

A little early, but good to have this thread. I look forward to the trade deadline, as always. Even if we don't do anything, always fun to be able to sit back and watch the fireworks.

Early? The trade deadline is Wednesday, were less then 30 minutes removed from the deadline being a day away.

I'd be interested in picking up Pominville. Past that there's not a lot out there being dangled I'd want to give up too much for. He could add some pop to the right side and when and if everyone is healthy it'll keep guys hopping to get in the lineup. I agree with Holland that they have plenty of depth on defense, enough for whatever playoff run may happen.

That being said I'd almost stand pat with this roster and this farm system. Things are going to open up BIG TIME this offseason with the allowed buyouts. Perhaps more teams from the west with players who would fit would be more likely to trade with the Wings when they have gone east.

I love my Red Wings and it is because of this I'll give them a reset on this abortion of a 48 game season if they lose in the first round or even miss the playoffs. The heavy lifting where this franchise will be built starts in July.

Aren't the Wings and Sabres on pretty good terms? Other than Tampa, they may be one of our only viable trade routes.

Except for the fact both of the teams will be in our division next year so I doubt they'll want to trade with us. We've got to start building friendships with past rivals.

Except for the fact both of the teams will be in our division next year so I doubt they'll want to trade with us. We've got to start building friendships with past rivals.

That would be a fun voicemail....

"Umm yeah, (insert San Jose, Anaheim, Colorado, Dallas, or St Louis) this is Ken Holland. I know we've embarrassed you in the playoffs for the last two decades, but would you mind looking the other way and helping us out? I'll just be here patiently awaiting your call."

Aren't the Wings and Sabres on pretty good terms? Other than Tampa, they may be one of our only viable trade routes.

I think Buffalo will try heavily to ship him out of the east, the Canucks are just making too much sense to pass on this opportunity imagine Kesler and Pominville on the same line.

I think Buffalo will try heavily to ship him out of the east, the Canucks are just making too much sense to pass on this opportunity imagine Kesler and Pominville on the same line.

Pommi and kesler? Would be a great overrated line. Good at d thou.

2014th 1st, plus the 2nd we get for white (hopefully) and a b- level prospect for gabby or pomm please!!!

Wouldn't do it, this team needs defense after that you can rebuild the offense. Gaborik with his salary is obviously a non starter, Wings need to get bigger not add another softish although very very good scorer.

Wouldn't do it, this team needs defense after that you can rebuild the offense. Gaborik with his salary is obviously a non starter, Wings need to get bigger not add another softish although very very good scorer.

LOL, we need both. Defense, personell wise, seems pretty set with young guys needing to grow.

Edited by unsaddleddonald

I believe the defense is alright. We can try and take care of that top 2 spot in the offseason as the only viable candidate that is available now is Yandle, and I'm not even sure he's what this team needs. We need to boost the offense, have you seen our lack of scoring this season? Some of it comes from lack of offensive defense as well, which has been lacking. We need a legit scoring winger, which we don't have right now, aside from Brunner and Franzen (when he decides to play).

Also, Streit may be available in a trade, if not, in the offseason for sure.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419674

@DarrenDreger: Detroit was believed to be a strong contender for Jagr last night. Asking price too much? Bruins now a frontrunner. #tradecentre

YIKES! So much for no rentals

My thoughts exactly. Why does Kenny lie to us?

I don't know how I would feel about that. He would probably be an upgrade over anything "scorer" we have right now, but his age has scared me for a while (even though he has proved me wrong).

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/376453?eref=twitter_feed

If Vanek is indeed available, Kenny HAS to make that happen.

A scorer with size: just what the doctor ordered.

Agreed that its sad. Not because I want him here but because I think he's wasting his career in buffalo.

Ya, he should go to Toronto or something. We definitely do not need Miller, with Howard playing like a boss, and M-Raz a few short years away from being able to take the reigns our goalie situation is pretty good, much deeper then most