• Please log in to reply
717 replies to this topic

#1 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

* Carolina Hurricanes today announced that the team has acquired defenseman Marc-Andre Bergeron (BAIR-zhur-uhn) from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for Adam Hall and a seventh-round pick in the 2013 Draft.

*Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper1m
#Canucks trade for #Stars Roy for 2nd pick and prospect. #TradeTracker

* Nick Cotsonika ‏@cotsonika 20s
Welp. Jagr to Bruins, per @MikeHeika, for two prospects and a pick.

*  The Phoenix Coyotes have traded forward Joel Rechlicz to the Washington Capitals in exchange for forward Matthew Clackson.

* Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 38m
Los Angeles trades Drewiske to Habs for Montreal's own 5th round pick in the 2013 Draft.

*  Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3h

As expected, Clowe has waived his NTC to go to NYR. SJ and NYR just to need to finalize but not expected to be a problem.

Edited by vladdy16, 02 April 2013 - 05:56 PM.
Updated

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

Per Elliot Friedman:

Buffalo calls up C Luke Adam.

Not sure what that would imply since all the guys that are wanted (Vanek, Pominville, Stafford) are wingers.

#3 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

A little early, but good to have this thread.  I look forward to the trade deadline, as always.  Even if we don't do anything, always fun to be able to sit back and watch the fireworks.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#4 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

A little early, but good to have this thread.  I look forward to the trade deadline, as always.  Even if we don't do anything, always fun to be able to sit back and watch the fireworks.

Early? The trade deadline is Wednesday, were less then 30 minutes removed from the deadline being a day away.

Posted Image

#5 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:48 AM

Sabres asked Pominville to provide a list of 8 teams he would refuse to play for http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419629

Sadly nothing about Miller so far.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#6 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:33 AM

Sabres asked Pominville to provide a list of 8 teams he would refuse to play for http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419629

why would we want miller?

#7 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

Miller's vastly overrated.  No thanks.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#8 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:19 AM

We need a goal scorer, not a goalie! Pominville is supposedly up for grabs, that could be a viable option.

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#9 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:12 AM

We need a goal scorer, not a goalie! Pominville is supposedly up for grabs, that could be a viable option.

Not really. No way Buffalo gives us a chance when we will be against them next year.

Edited by darkmanx, 02 April 2013 - 06:12 AM.

#10 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

Not really. No way Buffalo gives us a chance when we will be against them next year.

Aren't the Wings and Sabres on pretty good terms?  Other than Tampa, they may be one of our only viable trade routes.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#11 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

I'd be interested in picking up Pominville. Past that there's not a lot out there being dangled I'd want to give up too much for. He could add some pop to the right side and when and if everyone is healthy it'll keep guys hopping to get in the lineup. I agree with Holland that they have plenty of depth on defense, enough for whatever playoff run may happen. 

That being said I'd almost stand pat with this roster and this farm system. Things are going to open up BIG TIME this offseason with the allowed buyouts. Perhaps more teams from the west with players who would fit would be more likely to trade with the Wings when they have gone east. 

I love my Red Wings and it is because of this I'll give them a reset on this abortion of a 48 game season if they lose in the first round or even miss the playoffs. The heavy lifting where this franchise will be built starts in July.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#12 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:52 AM

Aren't the Wings and Sabres on pretty good terms?  Other than Tampa, they may be one of our only viable trade routes.

Except for the fact both of the teams will be in our division next year so I doubt they'll want to trade with us. We've got to start building friendships with past rivals.

#13 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

Except for the fact both of the teams will be in our division next year so I doubt they'll want to trade with us. We've got to start building friendships with past rivals.

That would be a fun voicemail....

"Umm yeah, (insert San Jose, Anaheim, Colorado, Dallas, or St Louis) this is Ken Holland. I know we've embarrassed you in the playoffs for the last two decades, but would you mind looking the other way and helping us out? I'll just be here patiently awaiting your call."

#14 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

I think Buffalo will try heavily to ship him out of the east, the  Canucks are just making too much sense to pass on this opportunity imagine Kesler and Pominville on the same line.

kftx.jpg

#15 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

I think Buffalo will try heavily to ship him out of the east, the  Canucks are just making too much sense to pass on this opportunity imagine Kesler and Pominville on the same line.

Pommi and kesler? Would be a great overrated line. Good at d thou.

#16 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

Gaborik, Vanek, Pominville... come on Holland, get one!

#17 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

2014th 1st, plus the 2nd we get for white (hopefully) and a b- level prospect for gabby or pomm please!!!

#18 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

2014th 1st, plus the 2nd we get for white (hopefully) and a b- level prospect for gabby or pomm please!!!

Wouldn't do it, this team needs defense after that you can rebuild the offense. Gaborik with his salary is obviously a non starter, Wings need to get bigger not add another softish although very very good scorer.

kftx.jpg

#19 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

Wouldn't do it, this team needs defense after that you can rebuild the offense. Gaborik with his salary is obviously a non starter, Wings need to get bigger not add another softish although very very good scorer.

LOL, we need both. Defense, personell wise, seems pretty set with young guys needing to grow.

Edited by unsaddleddonald, 02 April 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#20 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

I believe the defense is alright.  We can try and take care of that top 2 spot in the offseason as the only viable candidate that is available now is Yandle, and I'm not even sure he's what this team needs.  We need to boost the offense, have you seen our lack of scoring this season?  Some of it comes from lack of offensive defense as well, which has been lacking.  We need a legit scoring winger, which we don't have right now, aside from Brunner and Franzen (when he decides to play).

Also, Streit may be available in a trade, if not, in the offseason for sure.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419674