• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Official NHL Trade Deadline thread

Rate this topic

If this team lost Franzen and Flipulla, we would be at the bottom of the conference. The Wings only have 4 legitimate top 6 forwards (not counting Brunner who is a potential top 6). If we lost two of them, we would be screwed. You can't just stick two wingers with Dats and Z and expect offense. The guys are having a hard enough time scoring already.

A first round pick does not equal a top 6 forward, or a top 4 defenseman. A first round pick in fact the majority of the time equals not playing in the NHL at all. The Wings have a good core, we literally need a top 6 forward and a top 2 D-man, or two top 6 forwards to be a legitimate contender for the Cup. We got two solid goalies, a group of solid rookies, and an extremely solid top 4 forwards. Datsyuk will be gone soon. Zetterberg and Franzen are becoming less effective. We have 1-2 seasons left at a chance for a cup. As soon as Datsyuk leaves, this team will tank. Might as well try and win a Cup while we stil can.

The Wings are drowning, DROWNING, in prospects. How many legitimate goalie prospects do we have? Half a dozen. If Holland is going to do anything, he might as well ditch the dead-weight on the team and get picks. The team has so many players who are not needed, he should just refresh them by trading them for picks.

The real question is, if you trade Flipulla for a 1st round pick, what is the probability of getting a player (who in the future) will be better or equal to Flipulla. If I had to make a guess, I would say less than 10%, and that's being generous.

That is the problem right there. Those two clowns have 13 goals between them 13! While playing top line minutes with two of the best play makers in the league. Brunner has 11 and gets demoted to the third line and he plays his ass off every night. The Wings have a ton of guys at forward but only 2 or three that are top 6

Here is the fact. Rebuilding Detroit teams by giving away any valuable older players we have DOES NOT WORK. The Lions have been doing this for decades, where they wait for the drafftttttt. or hope young players developppppp. Here is what does happen, you let the young players develop, and then they leave. No, the Wings have been successful in getting talent NOW. I dont care if they are older, we want to win now and that's all that matters. Here is an example of us messing up. We give up Hudler because we need the cap space, because we want more room for players to develop, because he wants too much money. But yet, we sign Sammy for a big chunk of Hudler's salary and he plays next to no games all season. The Red Wings have been great when they have talent on the team, bring in more talent, and do what ever they can to keep the talent. This whole idea that we need to let our prospects grow is stupid and useless, and we'll just end up the Oilers. And I get that Datsyuk at one time was a prospect, but he grew up under talent. We didnt throw all our talent to the wind or stop signing talent just waiting for Datsyuk to win games for us.

Edited by btone

i agree with ppl who dont think we will maker a move i know it sucks but seriously would you want to lose flip or frazen for just picks? we need someone NOW not next season or possibly years later or not at all unless we can package them up and get Vanek or Gabriek forget it its not worth moving

Once again, another thread that could easily be added to the TRADE DEADLINE thread. Just sayin', there's bound to be MANY trades, keep them from flooding the main section of the general discussion. Not that hard folks.

With that being said, good job by the Rags.

so you like guys with big Goose eggs in scoring huh

no i like big nasty guys who are physical and bodycheck the crap out of guys and who can occasionally fight ... you know guys we dont have ;)

anyways right now all i hope is we get rid of white , filppula or one of emmerton miller or eaves

junk that wont be back

anyways right now all i hope is we get rid of white , filppula or one of emmerton miller or eaves

junk that wont be back

Am I misunderstanding or did you just call Flip and Eaves junk?

It's too early to throw Holland under the bus and question the manhood of this organization. Lots of overreacting.

That being said, being in transition is not an excuse for complacency. You still have to tweak and improve what you have. You dont just sit around and wait, or else you will never exit transition. Like Holland said, we need a big star. Or two. We lost on J Bo, wanted Jagr but recognized he would be a rental. It's not over.

no i like big nasty guys who are physical and bodycheck the crap out of guys and who can occasionally fight ... you know guys we dont have ;)

Pretty sure that's Tootoo. He's not big but he's nasty, physical, body checks the crap out of guys and fights. Oh yeah and he has scored this season. Something Clowe hasn't done.

Guest Crymson

filppula wants 5 million + and hes nowhere near that much money so yes .....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he or any reliable source has said that he expects $5m.

Guest Crymson

Yeah I keep hearing this 5 million thing and assume that it's just his agent's starting point for negotiations. I think he'll resign for 4-4.5 eventually.

I'm pretty sure it started out as conjecture and was picked up by people here as fact.

i seen it around on tsn and sportsnet when they talked about possible trade bait and seeing the prices these players are getting i wouldnt be surprised if hes thinking he can get 5 million from a team ... just today i heard derek roy was asking dallas for 6 million per ... these players are f*cken ridiculous

i predict filppula wont get traded and hes gonna go to another team and we'll lose out on a possible 1st round return ... just cause

Pretty sure that's Tootoo. He's not big but he's nasty, physical, body checks the crap out of guys and fights. Oh yeah and he has scored this season. Something Clowe hasn't done.

like you said hes not big ... hes hardly gonna intimidate anyone on boston next year ...nobody should be surprised next year when bostons running over everyone

here

It's just hard to imagine the Wings offering what Matheson and MLive's Ansar Khan reported was a $4.5-5 million asking price for a player who's skating into the boards and stripping himself of the puck lately.

So Matheson suggests that the Wings need to bite the bullet and part ways with #51 now instead of waiting until the draft to move Filppula's rights--even given the fears that Pavel Datsyuk may head home to be with his daughter in Yekaterinburg after next season:

filppula wants 5 million + and hes nowhere near that much money so yes ..... as for eaves i like eaves but one of eaves miller or emmerton should go for a pick since theres no need for all 3 here

What you have to understand is the price of players is going up. The cap space will eventually start going up quick, because the fact of the matter is that hockey players have always been under paid. That being said, the real question is that do we need a second line center. Well, that comes down to do we think that Datsyuk will be here another 5 years? If we think Filp can play as a second line center, than 5 mil is not an unreasonable price. Think about who else makes around 5mil... Havlat, Kesler, Ribeiro, Doan.... and honestly I think Filp is just as valuable than any of those guys

What you have to understand is the price of players is going up. The cap space will eventually start going up quick, because the fact of the matter is that hockey players have always been under paid. That being said, the real question is that do we need a second line center. Well, that comes down to do we think that Datsyuk will be here another 5 years? If we think Filp can play as a second line center, than 5 mil is not an unreasonable price. Think about who else makes around 5mil... Havlat, Kesler, Ribeiro, Doan.... and honestly I think Filp is just as valuable than any of those guys

I'm sorry, but Flip is nothing compared to Doan and Kesler. You're talking about heart-and-soul guys who play physical at both ends of the ice, skate hard, and bury their chances when they get them. Filpulla's just here to collect a paycheck. He disappears and certainly isn't worth 5 mil a season. I doubt he's worth 4.

Edited by DetroitRedWings1993

I'm sorry, but Flip is nothing compared to Doan and Kesler. You're talking about heart-and-soul guys who play physical at both ends of the ice, skate hard, and bury their chances when they get them. Filpulla's just here to collect a paycheck. He disappears and certainly isn't worth 5 mil a season. I doubt he's worth 4.

Question his production, but don't question his hustle and drive.

Filppula skates hard every night. He just doesn't have the skill set that this team needs: goal scoring ability.

Don't use Franzen descriptions when discussing Filppula. It isn't warranted.