• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECQF - (6) NY Rangers vs. (3) Capitals

Rate this topic

The last five games have been decided by 1 goal, and every home team has won. This will be an interesting finish tomorrow night... Ovechkin has been ice cold. Will this series be a microcosm of the regular season with a fiery finish? I have a tough time seeing it... Lundqvist has been too good.

The last five games have been decided by 1 goal, and every home team has won. This will be an interesting finish tomorrow night... Ovechkin has been ice cold. Will this series be a microcosm of the regular season with a fiery finish? I have a tough time seeing it... Lundqvist has been too good.

Ice cold for sure.

In 6 games he has 1 G and 1 A, both on the PP. That's the same production as Brendan Smith. And his were even strength.

Nice melee at the end of the game.

If there is any possible way the Rangers can find a way to screw this up, they just might.

Reporter: “When you say handled it, physically, like handling on the ice, what do you think that means?”
Torts: “Holy crap, give me another question please.”

Moral: Make sure your "question" is in the form of a question.

Edited by cusimano_brothers

Honestly Ovechkin looks more interested in making the big hit than the smart play. I understand he's a physical force and that hitting is part of his game, but not when it takes you out of the play.

What a weird guy.

That shot from Green was amazing.... makes me wish we had someone that good from the point these days.

In due time my friend...

His name is Ryan Sproul.

tumblr_lo4ybizOCY1qdw3qqo1_500.jpg

Sproul said he tries to model himself after offensive defensemen like Washington's Mike Green or Los Angeles' Drew Doughty.

"Their offensive ability is something I try to bring into my game as well," Sproul said. "Nick Lidstrom's the same way. Being in this organization now with Nick being like that, I can learn so many different things from him and it's going to be nice to be playing with him in minicamp and hopefully in the future, I guess, if he's still around."

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/07/11/11/Wings-Prospect-Camp-Ryan-Sproul/landing_redwings.html?blockID=538005

The Washington Capitals history of not showing up for Game 7 continues. I think they've won exactly one Game 7 in the last 24 years now, and it seems that it's always by dropping a lead in the series beforehand. What a disappointment Ovechkin and the Caps are this year, despite the exciting surge to end the season.

The Washington Capitals history of not showing up for Game 7 continues. I think they've won exactly one Game 7 in the last 24 years now, and it seems that it's always by dropping a lead in the series beforehand. What a disappointment Ovechkin and the Caps are this year, despite the exciting surge to end the season.

So it wasn't just Boudreau?

Wasn't that game 7 last year, when they beat Boston in OT?

I decided to look it up and I was a little mistaken on their history: they've actually won three Game 7s in their history (franchise record 3-9), in 2012 against Boston, in 2009 against New York, and 1988 against Philadelphia.