• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Who would you rather have: Marchand or Shaw?

Rate this topic

Their scuffle in game 3 (?) made me wonder this.

Both are big parts of a successful hockey team. Both have skill, grit, athleticism, and an edge.

Personally, I would want Marchand. He seems to have more refined skill than Shaw does. Although Shaw is an all-around good player offensively, Marchand seems to have a better shot, is a better passer, skates faster, and has more discipline. Shaw still seems a bit too immature.

Thoughts?

Guest DeGraa55

Their scuffle in game 3 (?) made me wonder this.

Both are big parts of a successful hockey team. Both have skill, grit, athleticism, and an edge.

Personally, I would want Marchand. He seems to have more refined skill than Shaw does. Although Shaw is an all-around good player offensively, Marchand seems to have a better shot, is a better passer, skates faster, and has more discipline. Shaw still seems a bit too immature.

Thoughts?

I agree I want marchand. To me shaw is still more of an unknown.

Ugh... Honestly, my initial reaction to that question feels as if it has the same sentiment as which would you rather have, chlamydia or gonorrhea?

But I honestly do get the spirit you intended behind the question and I agree with your answer. I just despise both players these days.

If they were to ever come on board as Red Wings then we'll see what happens. The 'most severe' case of this phenomenon in my lifetime was the conversion of Chris Chelios. Believe it or not, in his case I still mostly say, "I support whoever wears the Winged Wheel" instead of someone like say Zetterberg who I'm extremely happy is a Red Wing.

Im actually really baffled by some responses on here from those who are bashing Marchand. Im not calling anyone out or anything i just honestly had no idea so many people didnt like him. Is there a reason for all the hate? I may be biased, as the Bruins are my second favorite team in the league, but hes been awesome and a crucial player for the team pretty much since the day he joined the squad. Without him, they wouldnt of won the cup 2 years ago. I would take him in a heartbeat. Plays hard eveeyshift and has an edge on him even tho hes not very big. I guess im just curious as to why most of you dont like him?

This is like deciding, if you want to jump from the right or left side into the sea. That said easily Shaw. Marchand is just acting tough, because the Bruins tough guys are having his back. This guy would play a very different style, if that wasn't the case. Shaw at least brings a physical element and is usable even without bodyguards.

Im actually really baffled by some responses on here from those who are bashing Marchand. Im not calling anyone out or anything i just honestly had no idea so many people didnt like him. Is there a reason for all the hate? I may be biased, as the Bruins are my second favorite team in the league, but hes been awesome and a crucial player for the team pretty much since the day he joined the squad. Without him, they wouldnt of won the cup 2 years ago. I would take him in a heartbeat. Plays hard eveeyshift and has an edge on him even tho hes not very big. I guess im just curious as to why most of you dont like him?

Well, there is video on Youtube of him diving everywhere. I haven't seen him do much of that in this playoff season, but he does have a history.

Also, there was a game in 2010/2011, Detroit @ Boston, right after the Boston-Dallas brawl game. The Wings were blowing out the Bruins, and Marchand dropped his gloves and tried to fight Patty Eaves. Eaves just looked at him, shook his head, and skated away.

Guest DeGraa55

Well, there is video on Youtube of him diving everywhere. I haven't seen him do much of that in this playoff season, but he does have a history.

Also, there was a game in 2010/2011, Detroit @ Boston, right after the Boston-Dallas brawl game. The Wings were blowing out the Bruins, and Marchand dropped his gloves and tried to fight Patty Eaves. Eaves just looked at him, shook his head, and skated away.

More reasonntonlike him. We need people actually wollingnto stop the gloves. Sad that eaves is that much of a ***** and not fight him.

More reasonntonlike him. We need people actually wollingnto stop the gloves. Sad that eaves is that much of a ***** and not fight him.

LOL what?!

The score was like 5-0 at that point and there was no scrum beforehand. It was in the middle of the play. It made no sense to fight at that point....

me too with Marchand, but I've been a big fan of him for quite some time.

yes, he's a pest. but he's also an uber talented at being pest and and the same time being offensive threat. and it's not like he was bad at scoring and generating chances.

yup, I'd love to see Marchand with the Wings, hands down

If I had to choose between the two (and I hope we don't) I'd take Marchand. It would tick my housemate off to no end if he left Boston and came to us.

Marchand hands down. He plays with an edge and is passionate to win you can see it by the way he plays. He understands his role. Shaw is a little B****, I would punch him at a Wings autograph signing thats how much I hate the MFer.

Marchand easy. Watching him work with Jagr and Bergeron has been awesome.

esteef

This. He hits, scores goals, gets assists aggravates the other teams top players, and off the ice is a very respectful player (watch his interviews and off work interviews).

Shaw isn't even in the same league in terms of skill with Marchand. If he played for the Wings, he would be an instant favorite.