• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

drew miller signing a mistake - who are we gonna get rid of?

Rate this topic

first off i like drew miller i think hes a good penalty killer and plays hard but 1.3 million cap hit for a 12-13th forward is alot of money in my opinion and now i keep reading how we got 14 forwards signed and were still negotiating with filppula,cleary and brunner?

july 5th is coming up and players will be bought out and traded and thats why i think bringing back a depth player at 1.3 million was a mistake

that being said id have to think were gonna get rid of 2-5 forwards depending if we resign any of our ufa's and make a trade or sign someone

who's the targets? samuelsson,bertuzzi,tootoo,emmerton and eaves?(though i want eaves to stay)

theres talk of buyouts but does anyone think a team would trade for any of bertuzzi sammy or tootoo?

off the forwards for a second what about coliacovo? heard buyout talk about him but i find it hard to believe not one team would take a chance on him for one year

anyways what do you guys expect to happen this week?

The topic is a fair one, but we don't know what's going to happen. I think 51 is gone, but if someone like Weiss is signed to replace him, then you haven't gained a spot. Tough to imagine Tootoo having much trade value with that contract, but old-school hockey guys have an inexplicable man-crush on him, so maybe somebody will bite.

Guest RedWingsDad

The topic is a fair one, but we don't know what's going to happen. I think 51 is gone, but if someone like Weiss is signed to replace him, then you haven't gained a spot. Tough to imagine Tootoo having much trade value with that contract, but old-school hockey guys have an inexplicable man-crush on him, so maybe somebody will bite.

I'm just a plain hockey guy, thanks. Nothing old-school about liking hockey fights and enforcers in general.

Edited by RedWingsDad

It sounds like there will be some moves, even if it's just buyouts, letting UFAs walk, and trading away extra players.

I like the Miller signing, the cap hit might be just a hair over what I expected, but I have no problem with it. He's a much better value than Tootoo at $1.9M...

Miller hits, kills penalties, is defensibly responsible and has marginal size. He can skate, has played center in his career, and is relatively cheap.

As much as people second guess the role players on the team about .500 or .650 K a year, there should be much more scrutiny placed on several others.

Miller is a 'Gander too, lets not forget. I love having him on the team. He loves being here.

Miller is win - win. Why are we asking these types of questions again?

Miller hits, kills penalties, is defensibly responsible and has marginal size. He can skate, has played center in his career, and is relatively cheap.

As much as people second guess the role players on the team about .500 or .650 K a year, there should be much more scrutiny placed on several others.

Miller is a 'Gander too, lets not forget. I love having him on the team. He loves being here.

Drew

Miller is win - win. Why are we asking these types of questions again?

This.

The Miller signing is inconsequential. Not signing him wouldn't have solved our roster issue. Drew Miller only makes us better. You can't ask for more from a 4th liner than what he gives.

i was saying to myself if it came down to keeping miller or eaves I would take miller his so strong on the PK and I like his style his worth it in the end

I don't entirely agree. Miller is great but he is not as fearless at blocking shots as eaves is, I mean eaves almost had his career ended by that puck that broke his jaw, and when he finally came back he was right back in front of those pucks, that is dedication. Also he is great on the pk too, and everyone loves seeing a good ol' patty eaves smile :w00t2: