• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,397 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

I'm only learning about this just now, watching it on the NHL Network. Fantastic.

I believe you can watch it all for free somewhere online.

EDIT: Link - http://canadiens.nhl...ge.htm?id=86513

Edited by Dabura, 17 September 2013 - 02:59 PM.

"If I were to wish for anything, I should not wish for wealth and power, but for the passionate sense of the potential, for the eye which, ever young and ardent, sees the possible. Pleasure disappoints, possibility never. And what wine is so sparkling, what so fragrant, what so intoxicating, as possibility!" - Kierkegaard

#2 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

I'm only learning about this just now, watching it on the NHL Network. Fantastic.

I believe you can watch it all for free somewhere online.

Would you care to elaborate on what it is?

#3 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

24ch_logo_en.PNG

24CH is a groundbreaking new documentary series chronicling the on- and off-ice evolution of the 2012-13 Montreal Canadiens.

http://canadiens.nhl...ge.htm?id=86513

Sounds like a new version of Oil Change.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#4 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,537 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

I caught an episode last night.  It's cool to see behind the scenes of a team  and definitely worth watching.

They showed Michael Ryder getting traded to the Canadians.  Basically waking up from his pre-game nap in Dallas to find out he'd been traded.  Getting on a plane, spending the night in Columbus, and showing up to play for the Habs with the suit on his back and his hockey equipment.  

As I think he says during the episode, it reminds you that these players are actually people. 

#5 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

Sounds like a new version of Oil Change.

I was wondering what the hell it was because like Crymson, I was searching for more elaboration on it. You basically hit the nail on the head with the new version of Oil Change.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#6 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,397 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

It's a phenomenal documentary of the Habs' 2012-13 season (i.e. last season), minus the playoffs. An absolute must-watch for any and every hockey fan.

Lemme try and find a link....

"If I were to wish for anything, I should not wish for wealth and power, but for the passionate sense of the potential, for the eye which, ever young and ardent, sees the possible. Pleasure disappoints, possibility never. And what wine is so sparkling, what so fragrant, what so intoxicating, as possibility!" - Kierkegaard

#7 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

Yup the new "Oil Change," so this season it's probably some other Canadian team and we'll see the results of that next summer.

Oh and I guess the Penguins have:  In the Room

Forgot about that one.

Here's one for the Bruins, called  "Behind the B"

http://video.bruins....nsole?id=442982

Edited by drumnj, 17 September 2013 - 03:03 PM.

Your any-time FSD online source, with pre and post game coverage along with any Red Wings specials.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#8 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

This makes me so pumped for 24/7!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#9 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,397 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

I feel like this is a lot better than Oil Change, but I never paid too much attention to Oil Change, so I dunno. This one really grabbed me. It's a sexy project, and product. Very ambitious, even though, really, all they're doing is showing you what goes into a season, behind the scenes and all.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch in my own thread! Oh well. I put the link in the first post, so hopefully people won't be all wtf? now.

Edited by Dabura, 17 September 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#10 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,397 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

It's on again. (I often have the NHL Network on just for "background noise.")

Something I don't get:

Plekanec gets an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for "dusting" the opposing goalie. On the bench, Gionta says - to himself, basically - "You can call that back, but that's not a penalty." Call it back? What?

#11 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:18 AM

Yup the new "Oil Change," so this season it's probably some other Canadian team and we'll see the results of that next summer.

Oh and I guess the Penguins have:  In the Room

Forgot about that one.

Here's one for the Bruins, called  "Behind the B"

http://video.bruins....nsole?id=442982

The Blackhawks have one also called "In The Closet" featuring Patrick Kane.   :lol:

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#12 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,413 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:05 AM

Canadiens are popular, especially considering HHOF has an entire dressig room display dedicated to them
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#13 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

I wonder if Dallas Eakins will watch this? If so, will his colin cramp when they show the dressing room?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users