Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

Luke glendenning has been called up.

#22 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,251 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

From what I saw, Emmerton wasn't bad.  He's still a serviceable plug at best though.

#23 Bryguy

Bryguy

Zata

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

Another hard working michigan guy like abdelkader, wont be surprised if he gets top line minutes before nyquist gets a real chance in the NHL lol.

#24 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

Luke glendenning has been called up.

I understand this move. No sense recalling Goose to play him on the forth line. To me, this basically spells the end for Emmerton. If it was a roster-compliance move, Glendenning would being staying in GR. This is a "get Emmerton the hell off the team move".

To me, this move was made because it takes the least amount of sand/effort from coaching/management. It's easy to demote him. I think Emdog's the least of the problems on the bottom six, but I guess it's a start? Wake me when they have the guts to admit their mistakes and do something about the pensioners club.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#25 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,529 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

I like Glendening as a jobber over Cemmer. But I agree, it is the easy move and doesn't really address any of the big issues.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#26 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

Babcock also said tootoo will play on the 4th line.

#27 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

Alf hasn't made me scream at the TV yet. Franzen on the other hand...

Apparently, you missed the third period last night? Especially those final few minutes, Alfie single-handedly gave the puck away numerous times completely nullifying any chance we had at scoring an equalizer.

I guess I like the look of the new lines - at least I like them a little better than what we had. Bert on the first line should be a big improvement over Abby, though the second line will still probably be a disaster. The third line is a little better, and Lord only knows what that 4th line will look like. 

Posted Image

#28 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

Didn't see this one posted yet.. fingers crossed, Tatar gets a shot!

"@AnsarKhanMLive: Wings on ice for practice. Alfredsson skating in third line. Bertuzzi, Samuelsson and Tatar all wearing red as potential top 6 forwards"

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#29 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

Didn't see this one posted yet.. fingers crossed, Tatar gets a shot!

"@AnsarKhanMLive: Wings on ice for practice. Alfredsson skating in third line. Bertuzzi, Samuelsson and Tatar all wearing red as potential top 6 forwards"

Tatar, Sammy, Bert.

The good, the bad, and the ugly. :lol:

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#30 matthewdanna

matthewdanna

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

I think LGW will implode if Sammy plays top 6 minutes... what if he was actually on the first line?!

#31 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

Does Emmerton have to go through waivers again?

No. Read that he does not until he plays ten games, so he is in the clear.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#32 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

Somewhat surprised to see Alfredsson moved down a line, if anything I would have anticipated a switch with Abdelkader to add more speed to the second line and let Alfredsson play with the Euros, but then again Bertuzzi has showed some chemistry with Datsyuk before. Third line still looks slow to me. I would have liked to see a third with Tatar, Emmerton and Bertuzzi. I think Emmerton's skating and work ethic could have been a good fit with those two.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#33 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

emmerton reeks.. waste of space, lets see what luke brings! thank god tootoo is in for sammy.. at least i hope its sammy thats sitting!

#34 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

Shaking things up after two stinkers in a row.

I wasn't mad at Alfie yesterday, just disappointed.  With him moving to the third line, that's not necessarily a demotion as it may be spreading out our depth.  Seeing as how there is basically none on the bottom six right now (as of last games line combos).

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#35 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

Shaking things up after two stinkers in a row.

I wasn't mad at Alfie yesterday, just disappointed.  With him moving to the third line, that's not necessarily a demotion as it may be spreading out our depth.  Seeing as how there is basically none on the bottom six right now (as of last games line combos).

No chance Alfie goes to 3rd line.. That's insanity. He's not been brought to wings to play 3rd line minutes. We need him top line never mind 2/3rd line. Babcock is quickly gonna make Alfie think twice about signing here.. Just like how sour it ended for modano in Detroit.. And how Stevie was sitting on bench on last faceoff of his career.

Edited by wingfan1991, 11 October 2013 - 01:50 PM.

#36 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

Apparently, you missed the third period last night? Especially those final few minutes, Alfie single-handedly gave the puck away numerous times completely nullifying any chance we had at scoring an equalizer.

I'm usually not as frustrated with bad plays, or mistakes, because at least they are playing /trying. That's just me i guess. Franzen just standing around, not moving his feet, swinging his stick one-handed at pucks makes me nuts though, at least look like you are trying.

Eff Chicago

Eff Boston

#37 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

Are we now in a bizarro world where Abdelkader is the best player on the 2nd line?

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#38 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

andy cant catch a break

#39 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

andy cant catch a break

Andy?

#40 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,192 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

Andy?

Andersson.

Or did you mean "You mean Cory"? meh. Words are annoying.

Don't Toews me, bro!