• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlashyG

10/23 GDT: Senators 6 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

Great job, Gord!

Hopefully the Wings will win this. Not because I want to make Ottawa feel bad. I'd just rather that they win other games when they're not playing against us. I'd also like it if we won a lot more than everyone else, but that kind of goes without saying, eh?

Welcome back, Kronner baby!

I find it kinda weird that there's still so much interest and intrigue regarding Alfiegate. I mean, I understand the wounds and the love and attachment and all that, but in terms of logic and common sense and all that, the answer(s) to The Question ("Why, Alfie?") seems pretty clear: it wasn't just one thing, it was a number of things. He wants to win the Cup - his chances are better with the Wings. He wants money - he'll get more with the Wings. Not having the weight of the captaincy and the world on his shoulders. Being with fellow Swedes. New adventures (mid-life crisis). Go on down the list. Where's the mystery here?

I mean, I'm not saying, "Well, the Wings are the best, so, duh!" That's not my point. My point is that the whole thing seems - to me, at least - pretty straightforward. Yeah, the guy's not going to go into all the details of everything, but I get the sense that what he's been saying, when you put it all together, what you have is in fact "The Answer." That he doesn't want to go over every detail for every reporter doesn't necessarily mean he's withholding something huge.

Boooooooo

"@AnsarKhanMLive: Based on the skate, it looks like Smith will be paired with Kronwall. DeKeyser is with Quincey and Kindl with Lashoff."

Actually, it makes some sense. Smith and Q have not been good together. Putting them with two really good guys can help their strengths whilst compensating for their goofs.

Gahhh, want this win so badly.

Everyone will speak to the contrary, but if the Sens win even one game of our season series, it will weigh on Alfie's mind and conscience, and probably make everyone else feel bad for letting him down. (OK, one game is probably fine. But two? THREE? No and NO.)

Must win tonight! And by a wide margin! No bragging rights for Melynk! Grrrrrr!

@AnsarKhanMLive: Tough week for Kronwall; got hit in mouth with puck that rolled up his stick in the skate. Needs stitches but said he's good to go tonight

Someone wrap him in bubbles, puppies, and sunshine PLEASE!

Edit: JFC!

@HeleneStJames: #RedWings D Niklas Kronwall said he'll play tonight, but he did go for dental work after puck to chin in a.m. skate. Teeth on the line.

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

Actually, it makes some sense. Smith and Q have not been good together. Putting them with two really good guys can help their strengths whilst compensating for their goofs.

Yes, agreed. I was just excited to see DD up top. Ah well, with babs' line shuffling tendencies I bet we see 55-65 at some point before big e returns.. and who knows, the added responsibility could be just what Smith needs to jump to the next level

@AnsarKhanMLive: Tough week for Kronwall; got hit in mouth with puck that rolled up his stick in the skate. Needs stitches but said he's good to go tonight

Someone wrap him in bubbles, puppies, and sunshine PLEASE!

Edit: JFC!

@HeleneStJames: #RedWings D Niklas Kronwall said he'll play tonight, but he did go for dental work after puck to chin in a.m. skate. Teeth on the line.

Please tell me that we're not going to have more of the "get rid of Kronwall; he's made of glass" debates we had back in the day.

I'll wrap him in bubbles. You can bring the shine. Here's the puppy:

kronner-dog.jpg