• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/12 GDT : Jets 3 at Red Wings 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

That was not Kindl's man, stop with the blame game. It was a three on two, Kronwall took the puck carrier, Kindl took the forward driving the net, and the third man was uncovered. Neither of our d-men misplayed that one, it was just a well executed three on two.

As far as I remember Kronwall already took the man in front and that leaves Kindl with the second man.

As far as I remember Kronwall already took the man in front and that leaves Kindl with the second man.

Again, Kronwall took the puck carrier, Kindl took the forward driving the net, and the third man scored. Wait for a replay and you'll see that. On this one, you got it wrong.

That was not Kindl's man, stop with the blame game. It was a three on two, Kronwall took the puck carrier, Kindl took the forward driving the net, and the third man was uncovered. Neither of our d-men misplayed that one, it was just a well executed three on two.

Someone went off for the change turning it into an odd man rush but I think Kindl could've played it better. You can't leave that third guy wide open. Kronwall was playing it like a two on one down the left side, Kindl could've cheated a little towards the free man.

Hindsight 20/20 and whatnot though. I should probably be happy Kindl covered the front of the net instead of skating behind it.

Again, Kronwall took the puck carrier, Kindl took the forward driving the net, and the third man scored. Wait for a replay and you'll see that. On this one, you got it wrong.

What haroldsnepsts just said. I just watched the replay. Kronwall isn't taking the puck carrier he is blocking the passing lane to the front guy. And that leaves Kindl with the third guy.

Someone went off for the change turning it into an odd man rush but I think Kindl could've played it better. You can't leave that third guy wide open. Kronwall was playing it like a two on one down the left side, Kindl could've cheated a little towards the free man.

Hindsight 20/20 and whatnot though. I should probably be happy Kindl covered the front of the net instead of skating behind it.

Well as Mickey just said, it was a perfectly executed three on two. When a guy is driving hard to the net like that you've got to take him. If he'd have been floating a bit or hanging back then you can try and tie up two guys with positioning. But when he's coming hard like that you've got to slow him up, which Kindl did, and Wheeler made a hell of a pass to set up a hell of a shot for the third guy.

But my sole point to begin with was that not every goal scored against the wings is the result of a f*ck up by one of our guys. There doesn't always need to be a scapegoat. Sometimes the opposition just executes particularly well. They are professionals after all.