• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kmahrle83

Would you consider Howard on a "Cold Streak"?

Rate this topic

http://www.easports.com/nhl/news-updates-gameplay/article/nhl-14-dynamic-ratings-update

NHL 14 does. In fact, they've yet to add a Red Wing to their "Hot streak" Dynamic roster updates. This isn't a bash EA subject though. I really want to know if you all would consider him on a cold streak, or is it more of a team problem?

This is the same game that includes Chara and Weber on the legends team over Nicklas Lidstrom. With NHL 14 now sporting Malkin, Crosby, St. Louis, and Stamkos all in over Yzerman as well. When the Canucks were doing better their entire top line all went up as well as their defense and goaltending. That said I feel like the people who do the hot/cold changes are not really in tune with the game of hockey at all.

EA's whole system is crap. DeKeyser is still under 80 rating, Quincey is over 80, Ericsson should be better defensively for ratings, rookies are all 60 on faceoffs....the list goes on. Howard has missed a few saves he could have had, but there's certain guys that get on the ice and don't bring much to the table that's positive and are heavy minus ratings. Cleary, Quincey, Miller and Andersson should all be on cold streaks.

This is the same game that includes Chara and Weber on the legends team over Nicklas Lidstrom. With NHL 14 now sporting Malkin, Crosby, St. Louis, and Stamkos all in over Yzerman as well. When the Canucks were doing better their entire top line all went up as well as their defense and goaltending. That said I feel like the people who do the hot/cold changes are not really in tune with the game of hockey at all.

Good points. The people who make the game aren't in tune with the game of hockey IMO. Vancouver went up because ...surprise surprise, game is made in Couver

is this a trick question?

he's been garbage lately.

Saying this gives a complete pass to the wings D. Howard is not the only player on the Ice. He has a 9.10 save percentage, yeah his GAA is a bit high but that's not totally his fault for the amount of shots he faces nightly. Take a look at some of the goals given up lots of 2-1, empty nets, missed assignments, and not nearly enough blocks. More times than not he is under constant onslaught, he deserves blame but then so does everyone not named Datsyuk and Zetterberg, A little more time in the offensive zone wouldn't hurt this team, and Howard would look completely different.

Guest DeGraa55

Howard isn't the problem. Is the s***ty team in front of him which is kon-deulsional fans knew would be an issue back in then off season!!!!!

Coaching and management is the problem. Jimmy isn't doing his part in winning, but he isn't the biggest issue.

The management's lack of foresight into the cap issue has created a team that has no identity because the roster is never really set. The first line produces (usually) because it is made up of 3 players who aren't going anywhere. Everything else is up for grabs.

Coaching is obviously an issue since Babs doesn't have a set roster to work with. He can't set lines or work a good defensive plan against an upcoming team since he doesn't know who will be playing until the last minute.

Bottom line, Jimmy should start less and the Wings need to fix the cap issue.

I wouldnt say its a cold streak. Hes doing what he can with a bad team in front of him right now. He has more highs than lows in his career so he will break out of it.

And the EA sports thing is BS. Its based purely on the box score. Not how someone is truly playing.

I think Howie played his best game last night since returning from monsters 3-0 run.. I was there though, and pretty high up, so I didn't have the best view to judge his play but I didn't think either of the goals were his fault and he made some great saves.

I think Howie played his best game last night since returning from monsters 3-0 run.. I was there though, and pretty high up, so I didn't have the best view to judge his play but I didn't think either of the goals were his fault and he made some great saves.

The first goal he had no chance as on he never saw the puck. It was one of those that a goalie knows someone shot and they just hope it hits them. The 2nd one is not totally his fault. It was a unlucky bounce off the boards but he did seem to react a bit late on it.