Photo
- - - - -

Would you consider Howard on a "Cold Streak"?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Kmahrle83

Kmahrle83

Wings 4 Life!

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

http://www.easports....-ratings-update

NHL 14 does.  In fact, they've yet to add a Red Wing to their "Hot streak" Dynamic roster updates.  This isn't a bash EA subject though.  I really want to know if you all would consider him on a cold streak, or is it more of a team problem?

Lets go RED WINGS!!!

#2 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

He's definitely on a cold streak.

#3 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

Zetty was on the game with a hot streak a month ago.

#4 Kmahrle83

Kmahrle83

Wings 4 Life!

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

If i'm not mistaken though, we've given up quite a bit more shots than usual the past several games.

Zetty was on the game with a hot streak a month ago.

Ahh, somehow I missed that.  

Lets go RED WINGS!!!

#5 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,496 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

Colder than a witch's teet.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#6 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:18 PM

I'd say the majority of the team is on a cold streak right now unfortunately

#7 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

Hi, I'm Ron Barr with EA Sports.....Welcome to a sold-out Joe Louis Arena.....

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#8 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

This is the same game that includes Chara and Weber on the legends team over Nicklas Lidstrom. With NHL 14 now sporting Malkin, Crosby, St. Louis, and Stamkos all in over Yzerman as well. When the Canucks were doing better their entire top line all went up as well as their defense and goaltending. That said I feel like the people who do the hot/cold changes are not really in tune with the game of hockey at all.

#9 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

EA's whole system is crap.  DeKeyser is still under 80 rating, Quincey is over 80, Ericsson should be better defensively for ratings, rookies are all 60 on faceoffs....the list goes on.  Howard has missed a few saves he could have had, but there's certain guys that get on the ice and don't bring much to the table that's positive and are heavy minus ratings.  Cleary, Quincey, Miller and Andersson should all be on cold streaks.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#10 Kmahrle83

Kmahrle83

Wings 4 Life!

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

This is the same game that includes Chara and Weber on the legends team over Nicklas Lidstrom. With NHL 14 now sporting Malkin, Crosby, St. Louis, and Stamkos all in over Yzerman as well. When the Canucks were doing better their entire top line all went up as well as their defense and goaltending. That said I feel like the people who do the hot/cold changes are not really in tune with the game of hockey at all.

Good points.  The people who make the game aren't in tune with the game of hockey IMO.  Vancouver went up because ...surprise surprise, game is made in Couver

Lets go RED WINGS!!!

#11 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

Howard is the Michigan weather right now. Not frozen yet, hints of warm weather, but then the cold wind blows and you remember winter is coming. 

In other words he is currently inconsistent.

#12 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

With the Wings porous defensive and the inability to block shots any goalie would look bad. That being said Howard has made plenty of mistakes but hasn't played as bad as the recent streak suggests.  

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#13 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

Yes.

#14 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

He's been the opposite of clutch.  The amount of goals scored on us in the last minute of periods and games is just downright unacceptable from a team and goaltending standpoint.

He bears his fair share of responsibility for that.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#15 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

is this a trick question?

he's been garbage lately.

#16 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:25 PM

is this a trick question?

he's been garbage lately.

Saying this gives a complete pass to the wings D. Howard is not the only player on the Ice. He has a 9.10 save percentage, yeah his GAA is a bit high but that's not totally his fault for the amount of shots he faces nightly. Take a look at some of the goals given up lots of 2-1, empty nets, missed assignments, and not nearly enough blocks. More times than not he is under constant onslaught, he deserves blame but then so does everyone not named Datsyuk and Zetterberg, A little more time in the offensive zone wouldn't hurt this team, and Howard would look completely different.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#17 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

Howard isn't the problem. Is the s***ty team in front of him which is kon-deulsional fans knew would be an issue back in then off season!!!!!

#18 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,817 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:44 PM

Coaching and management is the problem. Jimmy isn't doing his part in winning, but he isn't the biggest issue. 

The management's lack of foresight into the cap issue has created a team that has no identity because the roster is never really set. The first line produces (usually) because it is made up of 3 players who aren't going anywhere. Everything else is up for grabs. 

Coaching is obviously an issue since Babs doesn't have a set roster to work with. He can't set lines or work a good defensive plan against an upcoming team since he doesn't know who will be playing until the last minute. 

Bottom line, Jimmy should start less and the Wings need to fix the cap issue. 

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Shoot-outs & Franzen

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#19 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:50 AM

I wouldnt say its  a cold streak. Hes doing what he can with a bad team in front of him right now. He has more highs than lows in his career so he will break out of it. 

And the EA sports thing is BS. Its based purely on the box score. Not how someone is truly playing. 

#20 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:55 AM

I think Howie played his best game last night since returning from monsters 3-0 run.. I was there though, and pretty high up, so I didn't have the best view to judge his play but I didn't think either of the goals were his fault and he made some great saves.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."