Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

Ozzie puts me to sleep with that monotone voice,he's terrible

#2 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

Mickey doesn't normally do road trips. I think it's due to colitis or a similar condition.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#3 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:39 PM

ozzie is less of a homer though which i enjoy

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#4 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

I think the content of what Ozzie says is very good.  He just needs to learn to be more dynamic in how he talks. 

I thought with Mick it was celiac disease or something like that.  Which isn't really a reason not to travel these days.  You can get a fair amount of gluten free stuff in most cities.  Maybe he just doesn't like traveling anymore after so many years.  I can't really blame him.

#5 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:49 PM

Ozzie is pretty bad. I miss murph
Posted Image

#6 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

Ozzie is pretty bad. I miss murph

I miss Murph too. He got drunk and slurred his words which made the commentary fun (jk).

Seriously though, with Ozzie there's too much dead air. But he's new at it; he'll get used to it more and hopefully put some more dynamic to his voice.

#7 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:53 AM

I thought with Mick it was celiac disease or something like that.  Which isn't really a reason not to travel these days.  You can get a fair amount of gluten free stuff in most cities.  Maybe he just doesn't like traveling anymore after so many years.  I can't really blame him.

I'm pretty sure he had cancer.  I think I've even heard Ken reference it and say something like "but you're all over that now, right?"  I don't have a source for that though.

Actually, I do...

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=601075

Redmond has also battled lung cancer twice and continues to live with Celiac disease, which requires that he eat a strict specialized diet.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#8 jthiel86

jthiel86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:55 AM

Mick doesn't travel because his diet requires gluten free food.  At least that's what he said last year.  He talked about it a lot.

Edit: Would anyone like to see Drapes give it a shot?  He seems more personable than Ozzie.

Edited by jthiel86, 13 December 2013 - 12:56 AM.

#9 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:58 AM

Edit: Would anyone like to see Drapes give it a shot?  He seems more personable than Ozzie.

Homer.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#10 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:31 AM

I did lol when Ozzie took a shot at Maltby after a Wings player missed a shot on goal.

#11 Copenhagen848

Copenhagen848

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:33 AM

I did lol when Ozzie took a shot at Maltby after a Wings player missed a shot on goal.

He made a comment about Bertuzzi eating nachos by the pool in Phoenix on a road trip a while back too, haha.  Some stuff he says is pretty funny :)

#12 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

Mickey has celiac.  Different people have different needs.  Some just can't eat gluten; others can't eat anything that has been prepared with something that has previously been used to prepare something with gluten (not sure what extreme that goes to).

IOW, he has to eat food prepared in a gluten-free kitchen.  My cousin's daughter has celiac.  She can eat food prepared in their kitchen, but her food has to be kept separately.  They also have to clean surfaces very well after they prepare food that has gluten.

Both of my sisters have gluten-intolerances.  One can't eat it at all; the other can eat some now and then, but has to return to a strict gluten-free diet afterwards.

At Mickey's age, I can see why he would rather not travel unless it's the playoffs.

Ozzie's getting better.  I still miss Murph, but I think once Ozzie loosens up, he'll be fine.  I saw a recent picture of Murph.  He really needs to go back to the old haircut and ditch the glasses.  Aside from the smile, he is not the same Murph I fell in love with all those years ago.

#13 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

Ozzie was chosen over Manny to be he broadcaster.  Manny is currently doing college games for FSD and he is actually pretty colorful...I think they chose Ozzie over Manny because of the history of Ozzie in goal, but that choice was a mistake.  Ozzie sucks.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#14 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,523 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:53 AM

Ozzie was chosen over Manny to be he broadcaster.  Manny is currently doing college games for FSD and he is actually pretty colorful...I think they chose Ozzie over Manny because of the history of Ozzie in goal, but that choice was a mistake.  Ozzie sucks.

Manny - as in Manny Legace?

Thought he'd never want to return to Detroit after 2006.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#15 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

MIck hasnt  been doing road trips for a couple years now. I think he goes on the road if its a quick one or two day trip but thats all. I like the information Ozzie gives but he just doesn't have the tone or voice to be the color guy. I think hes a heck of a lot better doing intermission analysis than up in the booth.

#16 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

MIck hasnt  been doing road trips for a couple years now. I think he goes on the road if its a quick one or two day trip but thats all. I like the information Ozzie gives but he just doesn't have the tone or voice to be the color guy. I think hes a heck of a lot better doing intermission analysis than up in the booth.

He'd be better suited for between the benches, tbh

#17 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

Osgood makes the Red Wings broadcast intolerable for me, although he does counterbalance some of Daniels' exuberance. 

Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#18 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

I love Ozzie,but it seems like he doesn't want to criticize the Wings players and only points the good plays.I understand he's pretty close to the most of them,but come on man,you're not in the locker room anymore :lol:

He's a rookie announcer,he could change,but Mickey's..."take a good look young hockey players" style is what I prefer more.

#19 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

I think the content of what Ozzie says is very good.  He just needs to learn to be more dynamic in how he talks. 

I thought with Mick it was celiac disease or something like that.  Which isn't really a reason not to travel these days.  You can get a fair amount of gluten free stuff in most cities.  Maybe he just doesn't like traveling anymore after so many years.  I can't really blame him

You can find gluten free products in grocery stores, but when you have a severe food intolerance, eating out is a nightmare.  You just never know how food is prepared or what might not be listed on the menu.  Mickey was saying once, he pretty much had to pack all his own food and have a room with a microwave or sneak in a hot plate to try and get a "safe" meal.  I can understand why he doesn't want to travel.

#20 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

Love Ozzie but he sounds like he needs to catch his breath after 2 or 3 sentences