• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Would Samuelsson ever consider retiring mid-season?

Rate this topic

At this point it is beyond obvious that he just doesn't belong on the Wings roster. Despite logging PP time, he has only mustered 3 points in 25 games, a (-4) rating and a horrible 2.9% shooting percentage.

If having a right handed shot on the PP is so important while Alfie is hurt, why not use Eaves? He is more athletic than Samuelsson and has the same amount of goals (1) in 15 games and 3.3% shot.

I'm just frustrated that we have either high energy guys like Tootoo or skilled young guys like Jurco buried in GR. I'm not a coach or GM, but c'mon Mikel, do the right thing.

There has to be some way to get rid of this guy. With all our injuries haven't we freed up enough cap space to be able to just buy him out and use the roster spot for someone else?

Time is running out and Kenny is sitting on his hands. Then we'll get healthy and Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening and Eaves will be sent down while Sammy remains.

There has to be some way to get rid of this guy. With all our injuries haven't we freed up enough cap space to be able to just buy him out and use the roster spot for someone else?

Time is running out and Kenny is sitting on his hands. Then we'll get healthy and Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening and Eaves will be sent down while Sammy remains.

Can't buy him out until after the season and by then he'll be a free agent anyway. You can never call an injury fortunate but boy was the injury he had before the season timely for him; we couldn't buy him out which it saved him 3 mil.

Samuelsson, Bertuzzi and Cleary are gone next year for SURE. Those three players are costing us 7 million. Man, we could sure use ONE player that would be worth 7 million right about now.

I have this gut feeling that at least one of those 3 will be back, taking up a roster spot for one of the much more deserving Griffins. I hope I'm wrong.

I have this gut feeling that at least one of those 3 will be back, taking up a roster spot for one of the much more deserving Griffins. I hope I'm wrong.

No way!! I'd bet everything I have that Bert, Cleary and Sammy have seen their last days, not only as Red Wings but probably in the NHL.

I'm getting a genuinely bad feeling Cleary will be re-signed. The support for Cleary has been so over the top from everyone associated with the team, they all still view him as essential. Holland seemed ready to waive him In late November, but then all these injuries hit and the Cleary PR offensive began and now I'm not so sure he walks. Holland will have to be the one to put his foot down.

Ideally of the three, Bert will be brought back as I think he's been a good veteran presence with some skill.

But boy, Sammy sure has worn out his welcome. At least fans still like Cleary as a person. Sammy just went and pissed everyone off in and outside the organization.

I'm expecting everyone back. These injuries are perfect justification for Holland's vision of the team. Load up on "veteran depth," don't cut any ties, keep the kids down, BAM! STANLEY CUP!

(Sammy won't be back. Bert might. Cleary, probably not, though I wouldn't rule him out. Of the three, I'd only be ok with Bert returning - and even him, I dunno.)

I'm expecting everyone back. These injuries are perfect justification for Holland's vision of the team. Load up on "veteran depth," don't cut any ties, keep the kids down, BAM! STANLEY CUP!

(Sammy won't be back. Bert might. Cleary, probably not, though I wouldn't rule him out. Of the three, I'd only be ok with Bert returning - and even him, I dunno.)

I think Bert's been good I wouldn't mind having him back for another year at a low cap hit.

I seem to be the only one who thinks this but I think Bertuzzi has been really bad...

He makes bonehead passes and takes bad penalties, and of course hes terribly slow. Doesn't do anything on defence and when he does he tends to take that penalty.

On a positive note hes basically all we have when it comes to a net front presence, and hes decent when playing with Z and D together as he seems to be more confident

Edited by WingsallTheway

I seem to be the only one who thinks this but I think Bertuzzi has been really bad...

He makes bonehead passes and takes bad penalties, and of course hes terribly slow. Doesn't do anything on defence and when he does he tends to take that penalty.

On a positive note hes basically all we have when it comes to a net front presence, and hes decent when playing with Z and D together as he seems to be more confident

Tonight he made two nice set up passes. One in Sheahan's feet that probably should have been a goal

I can see Bertuzzi re-signing if he REALLY still wants to play, but it would be for pennies. I'd put all my money on him retiring. He clearly still has that natural skill, just no gas left in the tank.

I wouldn't doubt a Cleary re-signing at all. He's obviously the mentor for the NA kids we have that the Wings want, as ineffective as he might be on the ice. Not only that, but Holland is probably tooting his own horn around the office for signing him to that last minute 1 year deal for $1.75. Had the cap been different, we all know Holland would have signed him at something 2-2.5 for 3 years. Now if Holland's going to re-sign him it will be for cheaper than 1.75 and we won't have to blow years worth of money on him like we have with Sammy.

Guest Playmaker

Until the Wings get a few healthy bodies back, it's pointless to even worry about Bert,Sammy, Cleary, etc. Those guys aren't the reason we are losing. While the kids have played relatively well, they certainly aren't carrying the team like everyone thought they could.