• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

1/20 GDT: Blues 4 @ Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

He's played, like, one game at the NHL level. And he scored a goal.

He plays a very smart game. You don't necessarily have to be big to be a quality defenseman in this league.

For the record, though, I was referring to the PP. Almqvist would, I think, be a better PP quarterback than Kindl.

He played 2, and defensively he was completely overmatched. I don't want a defenseman who can't play defense.

This post is a bit ancillary to the game, but I'm gonna say this: "I like our team."

I find the young guys incredibly impressive. Sheahan, Glendening and Jurco appear to be hard-working playmakers with great skill and a touch of grit. I'd like to see all three of them on the lineup in the future. To my eyes, Tatar will be the future leader of the team. His season reminds me of Datsyuk's first in which the talent is obvious and all that remains is time to pass for the star to bloom. He is a naturally-gifted offensive weapon. Nyquist had been struggling until tonight, but I do believe he'll become a huge playmaker and support unit for the team. He reminds me of Stevie Y later in his career -- not going to score a ton of goals yet a noticable cornerstone of the team. Give Nyquist some more time to settle in and he will put up a bunch of assists and points. I think Smith and Kindl have been great this year, and compared to the kids look like true veterans. It's crazy. When Ericsson comes back, the defensive core is set for the next half-decade. All these bright spots are shining even while 8 of our top guys are injured. This will be a good team. The Red Wings have a future!

Edited by themcityblues

I step away from the game for literally less than a minute and we score. Great for Nyquist, he needed one in the worst way. I love that he held the shot until he knew he had an opening.

Nyquist is on a point streak!!! I'd pull out a Will Ferrell pic for that one, but I don't think the mods would like it. Let's just say Goose is going through the quad into the gymnasium.

zetterberg kinda milked that one

I agree that he milk it a bit, but...

As an official myself, a play like that kind of leaves you in an awkward position since it was close to the boards and the shove was from behind. Its a call that I always hate to make, but I can see why the officials made that call

I step away from the game for literally less than a minute and we score. Great for Nyquist, he needed one in the worst way. I love that he held the shot until he knew he had an opening.

I demand that you step away from the game every four minutes from here on out.

He played 2, and defensively he was completely overmatched. I don't want a defenseman who can't play defense.

Kyle Quincey? Almquist moves the puck well at least and that's something the Red Wings lack desperately back there. Nobody besides Kronwall really chips in anything offensively from the defense.

Guest mjtm77

This post is a bit ancillary to the game, but I'm gonna say this: "I like our team."

I find the young guys incredibly impressive. Sheahan, Glendening and Jurco appear to be hard-working playmakers with great skill and a touch of grit. I'd like to see all three of them on the lineup in the future. To my eyes, Tatar will be the future leader of the team. His season reminds me of Datsyuk's first in which the talent is obvious and all that remains is time to pass for the star to bloom. He is a naturally-gifted offensive weapon. Nyquist had been struggling until tonight, but I do believe he'll become a huge playmaker and support unit for the team. He reminds me of Stevie Y later in his career -- not going to score a ton of goals yet a noticable cornerstone of the team. Give Nyquist some more time to settle in and he will put up a bunch of assists and points. I think Smith and Kindl have been great this year, and compared to the kids look like true veterans. It's crazy. When Ericsson comes back, the defensive core is set for the next half-decade. All these bright spots are shining even while 8 of our top guys are injured. This will be a good team. The Red Wings have a future!

Milk comes from cows!

I'm very interested to see what Wings team is iced WHEN they make the playoffs. I'd like to see a healthy Wings team that still has Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening and those guys on it. I'd really like to see Cleary and Tuzzi sitting for much better, more useful guys in the post season. But I'm with you, I like our team. A few guys could go, but that's on Kenny this summer.

Nyquist needs to get some confidence from that goal, man has he been gripping his stick too tight lately.

Sheahan continues to be very good. Glad Babcock put him out there on the 1st PP unit, I've got a feeling he can do as good a job as Bert in front of the net while also being useful in other areas of the ice.

I don't know about completely overmatched. He had a few rookie-mistakes in positioning, stuff that a smart kid like him would probably iron out eventually. I wouldn't say Kindl is a beast defensively either and he's got nothing going for him offensively.

I'd take him over Kindl (who doesn't exactly excel on the defensive side of things or in physical matches). That was the original question. I'd take him for the offensive side of his game, not because I think he's outstanding in his own zone. But let's keep arguing about this, it's extremely important.

I'm very interested to see what Wings team is iced WHEN they make the playoffs. I'd like to see a healthy Wings team that still has Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening and those guys on it. I'd really like to see Cleary and Tuzzi sitting for much better, more useful guys in the post season. But I'm with you, I like our team. A few guys could go, but that's on Kenny this summer.

Exactly what I'm thinking.