• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingedominance13

Andersson v. Sheahan

Rate this topic

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

While Andersson has been pretty solid on the third/fourth lines as well as the PK, I don't think its a stretch to say that Sheahan has more potential. But ones you factor in the salary cap and the fact that Andersson would have to be waived it becomes apparent that Sheahan should be sent down, but with all the injuries we know that Sheahan will be back at some point.

Not sure if either Andersson or Sheahan can play the wing, but if they could I would send Jurco down since it looks like he could still benefit from more time in the AHL.

While Andersson has been pretty solid on the third/fourth lines as well as the PK, I don't think its a stretch to say that Sheahan has more potential. But ones you factor in the salary cap and the fact that Andersson would have to be waived it becomes apparent that Sheahan should be sent down, but with all the injuries we know that Sheahan will be back at some point.

Not sure if either Andersson or Sheahan can play the wing, but if they could I would send Jurco down since it looks like he could still benefit from more time in the AHL.

Glendening played wing at UofM, he never played center until he got to GR.

We could always keep both Sheahan and Andersson, and bump Glendening to the wing.

I didnt' vote.

Glendening has outplayed them both.

My guess is that Glendening will be our 4th line center for the playoffs. (assuming our slotted top 3 centers are healthy and playing to their potential)

as of now i like glendenning and sheahan more then andy. glendening brings something noone else does. grit. sheahan is scoring a bit better then andy already.

but obviously andy will take sheahans spot eventually. sheahan juro and glendening will be sent back down

but next year. if i had my way bottom 6 should look like

tatar sheahan jurco

abs helm glendenning

not sure where miller and andy go though

Edited by brett

I didnt' vote.

Glendening has outplayed them both.

My guess is that Glendening will be our 4th line center for the playoffs. (assuming our slotted top 3 centers are healthy and playing to their potential)

I think glendening is gonna be 4th line winger when playoffs come playing with helm and abdelkader. I really think Sheehan will be our 3C in the playoffs flanked by Tatar and jurco. That line is just too good

I think glendening is gonna be 4th line winger when playoffs come playing with helm and abdelkader. I really think Sheehan will be our 3C in the playoffs flanked by Tatar and jurco. That line is just too good

What are you doing with Weiss, helm, datsyuk and z??? Just curious

I don't recall which game it was but mickey was saying how good the kids have been and that once everyone gets healthy glendenning and sheahan are both effective singers as well.

He talked about how they both have played wing extensively before.

So...

Who knows.

We won't lose Andy for nothing.

He's an awesome penalty killer.

But he is slow and doesn't give much grit or scoring.

What are you doing with Weiss, helm, datsyuk and z??? Just curious

I would have Weiss playing on datsyuk's wing, z centering a line, and helm centering the 4th with glendening and abdelkader. I would also look to package Anderson with a salary dump or two (cleary, Bert, miller, eaves etc), plus kindl and a pick for a top 4 defenseman

I prefer Sheahan, but as stated Andersson has to clear waivers to be sent down. Although I have no problem packaging Andersson in a deal on draft day for something we REALLY need...

Sheahan will be here next season no matter what (unless he is traded, but that would be dumb.) so there are decisions to be made, to say the least!

Glendening played wing at UofM, he never played center until he got to GR.

We could always keep both Sheahan and Andersson, and bump Glendening to the wing.

That's one way of doing it but a problem might arise when Datsyuk and Z return. Along with Dats and Z we are going to have Helm,Andersson, Sheahan, and Glendening. If we send Jurco down and put Glendening on the wing, the choice will still be between Andersson and Sheahan. And once Weiss gets back the problem only intensifys. Ultimately I think both Sheahan and Glendening end up back in Grand Rapids along with Jurco and maybe even Eaves, but we are a long way from healthy to even make any of these decisions.

I guess the real question is: will we play as well with everyone healthy and the kids back in Grand Rapids?

OK, I thought he had to clear.

Regardless, he's high on the list to be sent down as soon as a center is back.

This is probably true, but I believe he is a natural winger who converted to center. It is possible that Babs moves him to wing and drops sheahan down to the 4th.

Why do our best players/prospects play center???