• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Puck Daddy: Trotz Head Coach for Caps

Rate this topic

Guest Playmaker

I think with Trotz, his family situation will come into play. With his son having special needs, it makes it that much more difficult to change schools, cities, etc. He seems like a genuinely good guy and a good coach to boot.

I think with Trotz, his family situation will come into play. With his son having special needs, it makes it that much more difficult to change schools, cities, etc. He seems like a genuinely good guy and a good coach to boot.

thats why i think that he is gonna retire and live in nashville,because that's been home to his family for 15 years,He lives the Predators way and i don't think he can leave to take a job somewhere else

thats why i think that he is gonna retire and live in nashville,because that's been home to his family for 15 years,He lives the Predators way and i don't think he can leave to take a job somewhere else

That would be a shame the guy is a great coach and can get blood from a stone. I am expecting a lot of teams at least kicking the tires on this guy. Just read his conctract is up soon so the Press should do the classy thing here let it run out instead of firing him.

this might be off of the topic a little,but i think the nashville predators season was cursed

Look at all that has happened:

First they loss all-world goalie Pekka Rinne suffered to hip infection that kept him out of action for 51 games.

Then news came down that assistant coach Lane Lambert's wife had cancer.

Then popular play-by-play man Peter Weber suffered a heart attack (he has recovered nicely and is back at work).

Then general manager David Poile was hospitalized after he was hit in the face with an errant puck while watching practice in late January.

I'm thinking Trotz in Toronto might make a lot of sense.

Or Vancouver, although I doubt management would ever make a smart decision like that; or that Trotz would want to join that freak show. Plus unbalanced Torts is still there.

this might be off of the topic a little,but i think the nashville predators season was cursed

Look at all that has happened:

First they loss all-world goalie Pekka Rinne suffered to hip infection that kept him out of action for 51 games.

Then news came down that assistant coach Lane Lambert's wife had cancer.

Then popular play-by-play man Peter Weber suffered a heart attack (he has recovered nicely and is back at work).

Then general manager David Poile was hospitalized after he was hit in the face with an errant puck while watching practice in late January.

Then you look at the wings injury list and realize the preds only really lost a goalie.. :P

Although to be fair, pekka is the best in the league imo.

Really tho, that does all suck & I hope all of the people listed above make full recoveries if they haven't already

Could he stay on with the organization, just in a different capacity? I'd like to see that happen.

Personally, I think the whole thing is kinda bulls***. I mean, I get it. I understand why it has to happen. But, to me, Barry Trotz isn't the reason why the Predators missed the playoffs. No Rinne + No top-end forwards = No playoffs. Now, Rinne's situation is, of course, no one's fault. But the top six? That's on the general manager. And if it's built the way it is because there's no money, then it's on the ownership.

Guest Playmaker

I agree. If the Preds had any sense at all, they'd give him an Assistant to the President or GM type of job. That way he can stay in the organization, it'll work for his family and they keep a good hockey guy in the fold. But that would make sense, so.........

What's more surprising: The fact that after 15 years Trotz is getting replaced or that in the modern NHL, Trotz lasted 15 years with an organization without ever winning anything? To me it's the second. While Pred fans might not be happy about the move, its past time to move on. It's not his fault that the Preds missed the playoffs, but over the years they have had good teams that could never get over the hump. With a lot of the veteran guys gone, now is as good a time as any to move in a different direction.

Guest Playmaker

I've never really looked at the Preds and thought they underachieved. It isn't as though they are a team like Vancouver or San Jose with talent across the board who have been considered Cup contenders for the past ten years or so and can't get the job done. For as unintelligent as the Preds fans are often portrayed, I think they're smart enough to realize that management hasn't done enough to address the team's offensive shortcomings and don't look at Trotz as the reason for not advancing further into the playoffs.

I've never really looked at the Preds and thought they underachieved. It isn't as though they are a team like Vancouver or San Jose with talent across the board who have been considered Cup contenders for the past ten years or so and can't get the job done. For as unintelligent as the Preds fans are often portrayed, I think they're smart enough to realize that management hasn't done enough to address the team's offensive shortcomings and don't look at Trotz as the reason for not advancing further into the playoffs.

I don't think they particularly underachieved they just never reached their full potential as a franchise. Over the years they have really had some decent teams, who had the ability to win. Plus I think Preds fans are just as intelligent as other fans, I also think that most of them would admit that it's time to move on. It's time to try something new.

Expecting a huge lineup for his services this guy can get blood from a stone and get an offensively challenged on a budget team into the playoffs more often than not, one h(n)eck of a coach (sorry Predsfan couldn't resist ^^

Although I'm wondering if he really wants one of the gongshows known as Vancouver or Toronto ? IF the Penguins fail again I think he will take over for Bylsma.

As a Nashville Predators Fan,I would like to thank barry trotz for his hard work and dedication that he gave the Nashville Predators for 15 seasons,You will missed standing behind for the Predators next season,This is truly the end of a era in nashville :bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1:

Yep, traded the "Original Predator" away and now they fired ...errr, chose not to renew the original - and only - coach they've ever known. The times they are a' changin'.

As a Nashville Predators Fan,I would like to thank barry trotz for his hard work and dedication that he gave the Nashville Predators for 15 seasons,You will missed standing behind for the Predators next season,This is truly the end of a era in nashville :bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1::bye1:

I saw that as breaking news crawl on NHL.com but it wouldn't let me click it.

I heard he was offered a front office position. Any word on that?

A little more digging.. http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24526310/report-barry-trotz-out-after-16-seasons-as-predators-head-coach

However this might not be the end of their relationship. The Predators have offered a job to Trotz in the hockey operations department should he choose to accept it but you'll have to think GMs will be offering him a little bigger role.

Some key moments in the Predators career of coach Barry Trotz:

Aug. 6, 1997: Hired as first Nashville Predators head coach

Oct. 13, 1998: Records first win as an NHL head coach – a 3-2 victory over Carolina.

RELATED: Barry Trotz out as Predators coach

April 7, 2004: Coaches the Predators in their first-ever playoff game. They lose 3-1 at Detroit.

April 11, 2004: Records first NHL playoff win as a coach, a 3-1 victory over Detroit.

April 7, 2007: Predators defeat Colorado 4-2, picking up their 110th point and 51st win, both still franchise best.

RELATED: Predators could turn to former Flyers coach

April 24, 2011: Predators defeat Anaheim 4-2, marking the first time they made it out of the first round of the playoffs.

March 30, 2012: Picks up his 500th win in a 4-1 victory over Detroit.

May 5, 2012: Predators lose to Phoenix in five games in the Western Conference semifinal series. The loss spurs significant changes, including the departure of defenseman Ryan Suter in free agency.

GALLERY: Barry Trotz through the years

April 27, 2013: Predators finish perhaps their worst season, going 16-23-9 in the NHL lockout-shortened campaign.

April 13, 2014: Trotz coaches his final game with the Predators, a 7-3 victory at Minnesota.

April 14, 2014: The Predators relieve Trotz of his coaching duties. He finished with 557 wins (third most for a coach with a single franchise) and 479 losses. He was finalist for the Jack Adams Award (NHL Coach of the Year) in 2010 and 2011.

Edited by FireCaptain

He's exactly the kind of coach that Washington needs in order to instill some work ethic, defense, and discipline into their underachieving asses. As such he will almost certainly not be hired and they will instead pursue some non-entity who fits their hairbrained notion that you can win a Cup on pure unadulterated goalscoring.