#1 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

Per Khan

http://kuklaskorner....llet-and-sprout

Edited by MabusIncarnate, 12 April 2014 - 07:49 PM.
Added Link

#2 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

Yes!!

Hope they both play as third pairing.

Edited by DeGraa55, 12 April 2014 - 07:46 PM.

#3 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,661 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:50 PM

This has to be solely just to rest Kronner and another d-man tomorrow. If they wanted a serious look for the playoffs, it would have happened before this point. As much as I want other options beyond Lashoff and Kindl, throwing these two into the fire against Boston wouldn't be fair.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#4 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:50 PM

Kindl and Lashoff out, Ouellet and Sproul in would be the smartest decision they could possibly make going into playoffs. 

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#5 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:54 PM

My guess is they called them up to give them the option to rest regulars if Columbus wins tonight. If Columbus loses, my guess is they'll stick with their playoff lineup sans Alfie.

#6 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,083 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:59 PM

Kindl and Lashoff out, Ouellet and Sproul in would be the smartest decision they could possibly make going into playoffs. 

Benching Lashoff for the playoffs is the right thing to do.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#7 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:06 PM

I wish you could push the like button more then once.

#8 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:18 PM

I understand how hockey works, and the logic or lack there of putting these two in against the Bruins blind, I just wish they would have done this a few weeks ago like they have with the rest of the kids. Give them a chance in the lineup, see how they play, Kindl and Lashoff obviously being ineffective and giving up way too many goals, it was worth giving them a shot. This late, it likely won't happen and we'll have a few mistake filled game with Kindl and Lashoff being the root of them, but it's nice to dream. Maybe one of them will play against the Jackets, play brilliantly, and be considered as an option over dumb or dumber on the 3rd pairing. 

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#9 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

While I think they both have bright futures, I'm just not ready to declare them NHL ready and have them as regulars in the lineup in the playoffs.  I don't think it would be a surprise to see a repeat of Brendan Smith 2013 playoffs. 

#10 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:31 PM

While I think they both have bright futures, I'm just not ready to declare them NHL ready and have them as regulars in the lineup in the playoffs.  I don't think it would be a surprise to see a repeat of Brendan Smith 2013 playoffs. 

Why not? Lashoff has proven just as much that hes not NHL ready as them and hes already peaked.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

#11 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:36 PM

Bet they're sent back after the game

#12 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

I'd rest Kronwall and Dekeyser. we cannot afford to lose either of them. 

#13 nawein

nawein

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:08 PM

I'd rest Kronwall and Dekeyser. we cannot afford to lose either of them. 

Same. They both deserve it. And nobody really talks about how DK went from
35 games a year in college to 65 this year paying 22 minutes a night in the best league in the world. He has to be exhausted.

#14 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:33 PM

He played in the Calder Cup playoffs also

#15 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

I'm really hoping that one of these guys impresses enough to make the playoff roster, although if it hasn't happened by now, it won't happen this year.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#16 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:23 PM

I'm really hoping that one of these guys impresses enough to make the playoff roster, although if it hasn't happened by now, it won't happen this year.

From what I've read they aren't quite nhl ready yet, but I doubt they could be worse then our current favorites, kindl and lashoff. Smith has been awesome lately, Quincey has been OK kronwall and donkey Kong have been great

#17 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:43 PM

My guess is they called them up to give them the option to rest regulars if Columbus wins tonight. If Columbus loses, my guess is they'll stick with their playoff lineup sans Alfie.

This is what the reasoning was. They will rest regulars now that CBJ won. Free run for Ouellet and Sproul to show what they got. If they impress it is possible that one could break into the playoffs lineup with Kindl/Lashoff struggling. In reality they probably won't earn a shot but babs can see who is more ready if someone goes down with an injury.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#18 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:44 PM

From what I've read they aren't quite nhl ready yet, but I doubt they could be worse then our current favorites, kindl and lashoff. Smith has been awesome lately, Quincey has been OK kronwall and donkey Kong have been great

I don't want this to become another Kindl/Lashoff bash fest, but I just can't watch them on the same pairing. The whole not NHL ready thing is also really misleading though, who thought guys like Sheahan/Jurco were ready? Unless these guys get a chance it's tough to definitively say that they are not ready. It's disappointing that they weren't given a chance earlier, but now that the playoffs are here; I'd say its too late to make a change. You dance with the one that brung ya even though our date is not the best looking. 

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#19 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:45 PM

Im hoping this is a sign of either kindl or lashoff sitting for the playoffs....don't really care which one, as that pairing alone will single handedly eliminate us from the playoffs

I think id like to see:

Kronwall - Smith

Dekeyser - Sproul

Quincey - Lash/Kindl

This balances out the lines as much as possible while smith gets to keep playing with kronwall where he seems to play best

Plus if sproul turns out to be any good, his RH shot can really help on the powerplay.

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing. The goalie then gives up, and flops like a fish. The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#20 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,090 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:51 AM

Brace yourself for Bert, Sammy and Cleary in the line-up tonight one last time....

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk