• Please log in to reply
891 replies to this topic

#821 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:52 PM

I'll take the split. Boston may be winning but I'm not impressed with them.

They are not that good,nor we're that bad as some claims.Rask was the difference with the timely saves tonight,unlike Jimmy, unfortunately

#822 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:54 PM

im afraid Jimmy set the tone for this game with that awful play for the first goal and it just went down hill from there. hey we came away with a split , we have gotta win tues for a chance to take it to 6 games i feel.

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#823 bvr

bvr

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

"None of Datsyuk's linemates can handle his plays."

agreed. that's one of the main problem.

#824 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

Love to have that first period back. We also wasted entirely too much energy with all that after the whistle s***. Love how we didn't lay down and eat it but in game 1 we played our game and won, game 2 exact opposite.

#825 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

Team with the best team in the NHL vs. the 8th best team in the east, Detroit wasn't going to sweep.  Not a great game, but I'm ok with the split.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#826 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:57 PM

"None of Datsyuk's linemates can handle his plays."

agreed. that's one of the main problem.

well he sees the ice on a different level and can make things happen others can't even dream about.

Even if the Bruins are winning the next 3 this Wings team showed some promise for the future just don't bring back some over the hill veterans next year.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#827 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:57 PM

Good things to take from this game:

1. Datsyuk is obviously back. Set up Abby and Smith for what should have been easy goals. He is skating well and deking around everyone as usual.

2. Helm was good that game.

3. The series is only 1-1.

4. Smith got Kronwalled.

Bad things:

1. Alfie has apparently given up on hockey and is playing like a pewee.

2. Howard was inconsistent at best.

3. The powerplay is awful.

4. The refs aren't going to protect the Wings from dirty ass hits, and the Wings have no one who will stand up to them.

#828 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

NBC has great love for the Nutcracker and all things Boston Goon related.  I take back what I said earlier about out-smarting and out-playing them. The Wings are going to have to figure out how to out-goon them, somehow.

You mean bring back Dmitri Mironov to take slappers at their chests and Marian Hossa to give them the Berard treatment? I don't think it's necessary.

Everybody should have expected the Bruins to come out hard today, and their shenanigans shouldn't have surprised anyone.

Howard's giveaway just set the tone for the B's to dominate, and the quick second goal after a complete defensive breakdown just added fuel to their fire. The fourth goal was also weak, IMHO. Howard still made some great saves, but they lost this game in the first. The anemic PP compounded the issue.

Nobody should have expected the Wings to cone out of Boston up 2-0. Few people beforehand would have given them a shot at the split. If the PP actually converts in the 1st or 2nd it's a completely different game. I'll take the split.

Regroup and come out for game three focused and ready to play. The Sunday afternoon on NbC malaise has been evident all season. It's a best of 5 now.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#829 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,195 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

About Howard - he made a really weird comment yesterday, something to the effect of "You don't really know how it's gonna go until you're in the game. Maybe you have a good night, maybe you don't. You never know." Does kinda make me wonder about him a bit.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#830 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

Babcock waits forever before making line changes.  Don't know what he sees in these line combos that's so good.  

Actually that's the complete opposite of his MO. He did keep the lines tonight, though.

#831 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:01 PM

They are not that good,nor we're that bad as some claims.Rask was the difference with the timely saves tonight,unlike Jimmy, unfortunately

I dunno that Rask was much of a difference. Wings got shots but only 2 or 3 good chances all game. Boston was getting chances all game. Rask had any easy afternoon.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

#832 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

the most interesting fact from this game is that Tatar led the team in hits, which says something i guess Kindl and Lashoff both didnt have any, which makes you think doesn't it.

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#833 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

The reffing is what it is, but its a shame that it seems like off ice complaining impacts calls. I think the league wanted more pps today to give bos every chance to tie the series. Every other organization is corrupt, why let a big money making machine off the hook?
I still think this game had more to do with no pressure in the ozone, no speed tonight.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#834 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

I dunno that Rask was much of a difference. Wings got shots but only 2 or 3 good chances all game. Boston was getting chances all game. Rask had any easy afternoon. Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Yeah but if could stop Lučić on a 3rd goal,I'd bet we'd watch OT now.Don't get me wrong,that goal was on our D,but that's the timely save I've been talking about.

#835 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

Franzen needs to start playing or be bought out. He is not worth the cap hit for the 25 games a season he shows up for. The rest he brings nothing to the team. He can't live off the playoffs anymore as he now has just as many bad ones as he has good. Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

#836 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,292 posts

I agree that the Howard give away goal set the tone for the whole game. Can't make mistakes like that in the playoffs. I'm not worried though, honestly Boston hasn't impressed me. We played poorly today.

#837 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Just came back from dinner with my family. What were the reasons ? Were the Bruins that much better ?

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#838 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:11 PM

The reffing is what it is, but its a shame that it seems like off ice complaining impacts calls. I think the league wanted more pps today to give bos every chance to tie the series. Every other organization is corrupt, why let a big money making machine off the hook?
I still think this game had more to do with no pressure in the ozone, no speed tonight.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#839 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

Just came back from dinner with my family. What were the reasons ? Were the Bruins that much better ?

Bruins played like a must win. Wings played like they were just happy going home with a split.Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

The reffing is what it is, but its a shame that it seems like off ice complaining impacts calls. I think the league wanted more pps today to give bos every chance to tie the series. Every other organization is corrupt, why let a big money making machine off the hook?I still think this game had more to do with no pressure in the ozone, no speed tonight.

Boston also got the wings into the after the whistle stuff. Once you saw that you could tell the wings weren't on today.Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

#840 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

In my opinion, you take that entire game and throw it out the window. We played terrible.

Like someone stated before this series will be dictated on how the games are played. The Bruins have no fear of taking liberties to take us off our game because even if we get a pp it builds momentum for them.

Go back to the drawing board because if we can't figure out how to turn our PP into at least some sort of momentum let alone a goal. This series is over pretty quick. Our zone entry today was the worst I have seen in a long time. We didn't just have one bad PP but 4 giving Boston the momentum.

So leave that game in the dude it was a terrible performance at every end of the rink. Use the home ground to get the legs moving and out work them down low.