• Please log in to reply
891 replies to this topic

#841 ash11

ash11

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

Stop blaming the reffing, after they got 3 straight power plays we did too! We just werent their today, howard was incosistant . And we didnt get alot of scoring chances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#842 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

Goalie pat,
I agree. Im not putting it on the reffing per se, but there is no consistency. We have to score on our chances, and we gave to bebfaster. We wont win playing like boston plays. Howard better be on top of his game tuesday.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#843 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

Just a bad game that's all. Wings will be fine. This series is gonna be a one game win, next game loss, one game win next game lost kinda series, till it goes seven winner take all. Does Howard need to be better? Yes. I think alot of it is holiday, wanna spend it with family kinda mentality. Boston was at home to be with family, Wings on the road without family. Boston isn't stupid, they knew they had to gain some life back and even the series. Now the Wings will take it back again. Its gonna be a long battle not a sweep. Boston isn't scary, well only when the Wings give them goals. We Will Be Fine.

#844 IndianaRedWing

IndianaRedWing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

Two postgame thoughts:

The other team is allowed to improve. There's no point sighing about how game 2 was different from game 1. Assuming Boston wouldn't be able to come up with a better effort in game 2 just isn't realistic.

Howard didn't have a very good game, but the loss wasn't all on him -- or even mostly on him. If he had allowed 2 goals in each of the first two games, on the road against the #1 seed, he'd have a better GAA, and would have demonstrated consistency on the road, and the wings would be down 2-zip. 

If you score 2 goals in 2 games on the road against the 1-seed, and you go back home with a split, that's kind of incredible. Credit to Howard for stealing one. 

Now, it's up to the rest of the team to figure out how to win a game *without* needing Howard to steal it.

#845 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

This is a really tough series for our young guys. They may have won the Calder Cup but the physicality the Bruins are bringing is on another level. Dekeyser, Smith, Nyquist, Tatar, Kindl, even Sheahan look a bit rattled. Jurco actually looks good though. 

1st goal was a bit of a backbreaker. In the middle of trying to hold off a great Bruins start you can't give them one for free. We were still in it though, even after 2-0. But when our PP got chance after chance with barely registering a shot on goal it killed our momentum and the Bruins took advantage. 

We're still in a good position. Need to find some ways to break through offensively because we can't trust our defense and Howard to play as perfectly as they did in Game 1. Time to go with what got us here: Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco. 

#846 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

My biggest conceen is where are the vets on this team?
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

#847 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

Where is anyone? goalie? defense? kids? vets? 

Anyone but Pavel really needs to show up when they get back to Detroit.

#848 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

Hey, Franzen leads the team in assists in this series.  

In all seriousness, the vets you refer to are for the most part too old to contribute.  Bertuzzi, Sammy and Cleary are not playing, and shouldn't be.  Alfredsson is like 41 years old and has gotten worse as the season has gone on.  Someone mentioned earlier today that he looks like he's hurt.  If so, that explains it.  

Franzen's goal scoring has tailed off over the last month plus.  I'm not surprised he's struggling this season.  He wasn't going to get any better at 34, or play any harder than in the past.  He's not a leader because he's too lazy.   

Kronwall is the one I'm most disappointed with.  He needs to play with a chip on his shoulder after his abysmal offensive output in last year's playoffs.  He had a great chance early in the game, but ended up blowing it.  He's a much better player than the guys I mentioned above, and I expect him to step up at home.

The other vets are Datsyuk and Zetterberg.  Datsyuk has looked good, but is neutered with bad linemates (thanks Kenny).  Zetterberg is a big question mark.   I hope he can play in this series, because I don't see us winning without him.      

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#849 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,133 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

Franzen needs to start playing or be bought out. He is not worth the cap hit for the 25 games a season he shows up for. The rest he brings nothing to the team. He can't live off the playoffs anymore as he now has just as many bad ones as he has good. Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

He's standing in diametrical opposition to all the good things about our team that Babs has been talking up. Old, slow, soft on the puck, seemingly half-interested, faltering when he's supposed to be hands-down one of our better players and key leaders. My only question is if he's playing through something. We all know he's the streakiest player in the world, but, IMHO, this is really bad even by his standards.

I'd rather try to trade him, though. His recapture penalty wouldn't be nearly as bad as people think. Maybe the Oilers or Panthers would be interested.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#850 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,133 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

It really does suck that we drew the Bruins. We had a really rough game today, but I feel like we've been good enough to rock any Eastern playoff team not named the Bruins. Then again, we seem to struggle at the slightest whiff of comfort, complacency.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#851 ash11

ash11

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:49 PM

i wish we had z back

#852 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:49 PM

I wish we had Z back and two decent big body defenders.

#853 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:00 PM

What I was looking forward to before the series was some playoff experience for the young guys. With the prospects we have and the rookies already on the team, it looks like the Red Wings may be world beaters once again in a few years. Many other fans are jealous that we get to be in the playoffs, all of them are jealous we get to be there all the time (whether they admit it or not).

And I'm glad we get the Bruins, a top team so our rookies get a real taste of the playoffs and perhaps we can make everyone feel fooish for doubting us.

Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#854 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

That first Howard goal was a back breaker. The wings took the crowd out of it in the first game. That was their first goal of the series, and it gave the bruins life. The playoffs is not a time to be making mistakes like that. Oh well the wings split in Boston and have home ice.

#855 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

I do think howardz brainfart set the tone. The goals that trickled thru him cant go in in the playoffs. That said, the wings didn't do him Any favors. Better show up in game 3. Don't give the bruins anything.

#856 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

This is a really tough series for our young guys. They may have won the Calder Cup but the physicality the Bruins are bringing is on another level. Dekeyser, Smith, Nyquist, Tatar, Kindl, even Sheahan look a bit rattled. Jurco actually looks good though. 

1st goal was a bit of a backbreaker. In the middle of trying to hold off a great Bruins start you can't give them one for free. We were still in it though, even after 2-0. But when our PP got chance after chance with barely registering a shot on goal it killed our momentum and the Bruins took advantage. 

We're still in a good position. Need to find some ways to break through offensively because we can't trust our defense and Howard to play as perfectly as they did in Game 1. Time to go with what got us here: Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco. 

I agree, Sheahan looks to be having a hard time with the adjustment to the physical play.  Could see Andersson in next game for him.  There is also an outside chance that Bert comes in , plays on the 4th line and gives us a different look on the PP.  Put Bert on the 4th, Move Legwand up to the 3rd.  

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#857 ash11

ash11

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

i agree kids are a bit raddled by the physical play however i dont think brining in anderson will do anything, tats has been hitting, but hes been below average latley with his puck control, now with that said we kind of knew this kind of game was gonna happen, so lets re group Im betting that detroit comes out flying tuesday! Alffy and franzen need to step up,  kids need to show up, tats need to keep it simple (like game 1) we need to finish our chances and we need our goaltending that was in game 1, z would be nice to ha 

#858 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

Howard's opening gaffe really set the tone. The 2nd one was weak, but the Bruins were camping out in front of the net and our D wasn't clearing s***. We desperately miss Zetterberg and Ericsson. I don't like how the Bruins beat us up tonight and rubbed it in our faces, Smith should've Bobby Clarked Chara when he had the chance that big f*** lurch. We are very much alive in this series, and Boston laughing at us today should piss the Wings off to no end going into Game 3. Babs needs to change the lines, gotta get the kid line back together, gotta get Nyquist some help, and if Alfie is hurt take his old ass out. He wasf****** horrible today, doesn't look like a guy looking for a Cup, he looks like Sammy. 

#NOMOREKINDL

#859 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

Howard's opening gaffe really set the tone. The 2nd one was weak, but the Bruins were camping out in front of the net and our D wasn't clearing s***. We desperately miss Zetterberg and Ericsson. I don't like how the Bruins beat us up tonight and rubbed it in our faces, Smith should've Bobby Clarked Chara when he had the chance that big f*** lurch. We are very much alive in this series, and Boston laughing at us today should piss the Wings off to no end going into Game 3. Babs needs to change the lines, gotta get the kid line back together, gotta get Nyquist some help, and if Alfie is hurt take his old ass out. He wasf****** horrible today, doesn't look like a guy looking for a Cup, he looks like Sammy. 

And you can add Franzen to that list too unless he decides to start having fun.

#860 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

I'm going to readily admit that this game got shut off real quick and I went outside in a beautiful New York day with my wife and dog.

The initial gaffe was horrendous, but the continued play after that was worse.  Won't put it all on Howard... the back-pass by Sheahan was a bad move.  Smith probably is beating himself up about the bounce off his skate, but honestly Babcock should have called the time out right then and there to settle down the boys.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.