• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:10 AM

I hope if any of you are there tonight you will make all us wings fans proud and bring the house down !

And please ... God forbid if we go down a goal or 2 don't stay silent ! Push back and keep pushing the boys and bring the arena down till the very end !

Show the nhl and montreal were the real hockey town!

Let's go wings!

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 22 April 2014 - 09:11 AM.

#2 Vladinator16

Vladinator16

Rookie

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:45 AM

Will be there in Sect 215, you don't have to worry about me being quiet!

All 3 regular season games I went to were loses but thats going to change tonight! 

#3 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

I'll be there and hopefully they hand out towels not those stupid glow sticks

#4 Vladinator16

Vladinator16

Rookie

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:50 AM

I'll be there and hopefully they hand out towels not those stupid glow sticks

Well I got some bad news for you then, Got this email a couple hours ago about tonights game, looks like glow sticks. 

glow_zps8bd628d6.png

#5 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

That's lame

#6 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

Will be there in Sect 215, you don't have to worry about me being quiet!

All 3 regular season games I went to were loses but thats going to change tonight! 

If they lose its on you lol

#7 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

Well I got some bad news for you then, Got this email a couple hours ago about tonights game, looks like glow sticks. 

glow_zps8bd628d6.png

That is soooooo lame. Like no one over the age of 10 likes glow sticks!! They look cool for the intro that's it. Nothing looks better then freakin towels I hate whoever's idea it is to use these dumb glow sticks. They better have towels for game 4.

#8 Vladinator16

Vladinator16

Rookie

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:12 AM

If they lose its on you lol

Well crap, now I don't want to go anymore lol. 

#9 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

Hey I was the one dumb enough to point out we hadn't been scored on for 160 minutes before last game, so that one was my fault lol

That is soooooo lame. Like no one over the age of 10 likes glow sticks!! They look cool for the intro that's it. Nothing looks better then freakin towels I hate whoever's idea it is to use these dumb glow sticks. They better have towels for game 4.

My two year old nephew like taking my red wings glow sticks from the playoffs lol at least he gets some enjoyment from it. The towels he can't touch though

#10 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

Rock the house down guys!!!

#11 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:28 AM

Hey I was the one dumb enough to point out we hadn't been scored on for 160 minutes before last game, so that one was my fault lol

My two year old nephew like taking my red wings glow sticks from the playoffs lol at least he gets some enjoyment from it. The towels he can't touch though

Exactly my point lol. I am bringing one of my old red wings playoffs towels to waive around tonight as I cannot stand those glow sticks lol! Hopefully, whether we have a towel in our hand or a glow stick, we will be doing lots of cheering tonight!

#12 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

Indeed stuff like this is so lame and stupid, keep the sponsor crap away from the playoffs. I would love if the NHL "culture" would be more like the european culture with all the singing, flag waiving, jumping it would make up for an awesome atmosphere and not these "we want you do this.." kind of thing. Fans are smart enough to know when and how to cheer.

Glow sticks are funny for intros but they add absolutely nothing in terms of noise, atmosphere same goes for the towels.

Another point I wanted to mention is the "stay connected 24/7" who the hell wants that ? The PR guys should realize one thing, people are looking at the official homepage to get that stuff of information and don't want to use third party sites/plugin in order to get the information they are looking for. So how about making the Wings homepage better ? Finding videos on the site is tedious (can't even see the day time) and there really is not a ton of news.

Edited by frankgrimes, 22 April 2014 - 11:33 AM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#13 PenaltyShot 96

PenaltyShot 96

Youth Movement

• HoF Booster
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

I'll be there, yelling the whole game.

I went to a playoff game against the Blackhawks last year and the crowd screamed so loudly we couldn't even hear the music/announcements. I hope it's the same tonight.

"That's what happens when Downey walks into a room...things die."

#14 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

Indeed stuff like this is so lame and stupid, keep the sponsor crap away from the playoffs. I would love if the NHL "culture" would be more like the european culture with all the singing, flag waiving, jumping it would make up for an awesome atmosphere and not these "we want you do this.." kind of thing. Fans are smart enough to know when and how to cheer.

Glow sticks are funny for intros but they add absolutely nothing in terms of noise, atmosphere same goes for the towels.

Another point I wanted to mention is the "stay connected 24/7" who the hell wants that ? The PR guys should realize one thing, people are looking at the official homepage to get that stuff of information and don't want to use third party sites/plugin in order to get the information they are looking for. So how about making the Wings homepage better ? Finding videos on the site is tedious (can't even see the day time) and there really is not a ton of news.

While I agree with the sentiment, have you seen European jerseys in any sports? They are running advertisments
I'll take glow sticks any day over European hockey and soccer jerseys. Just saying

#15 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:44 PM

While I agree with the sentiment, have you seen European jerseys in any sports? They are running advertisments
I'll take glow sticks any day over European hockey and soccer jerseys. Just saying

Yes and I absolutely hate them, you are paying around 100 bucks to wear a jersey with advertisements although you only want to represent a club it's garbage. We also have teams who are changing their colors! in order to fit the ones of their sponsors...

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#16 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

Put a message on twitter for people to bring there own red towels?

#17 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

So stoked to be going tonight. The atmosphere for playoff games at the Joe is just on an entirely different level from the regular season. You can feel the buzz of the crowd even before all of the pre-game festivities begin.

I have noticed too the past couple years how much louder the Joe has been for playoff games. It was bonkers for both Game 6's against the Ducks and Blackhawks last season.

Absolutely love this time of year.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#18 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

That's okay NBC will make it appear that the crowd is not loud by bringing the volume down like they did last year. Can't hear Olcyzks useless opinions that way
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

glow_zps8bd628d6.png

Who gives a crap about sticks... I WANT PIE.
KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#20 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:18 PM

Apparently, down by 2 after 1 period elicits boos (well deserved boos, some would say).

I hope if any of you are there tonight you will make all us wings fans proud and bring the house down !

And please ... God forbid if we go down a goal or 2 don't stay silent ! Push back and keep pushing the boys and bring the arena down till the very end !

Show the nhl and montreal were the real hockey town!

Let's go wings!

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by some sort of IPA and a heaping dose of sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13