• 464 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:38 PM

http://kuklaskorner...._medium=twitter

#2 JSDO3O

JSDO3O

Shutdown Defenseman

• 16 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

I wish that Perry and Kadeykin were going to be attending too.  I'd really like to get a better look at Kadeykin.

"All hockey players are bilingual; they speak English and profanity." -- Gordie Howe  :boxing:

#3 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

Martin frk seems to be a bust unfortunately. I had high hopes for him. I know he wouldn't be in this tournament anyway. Can't wait to see little Bert, axel, Larkin, and especially mantha

#4 krsmith17

krsmith17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:56 PM

I wouldn't necessarily call Frk a bust just yet. I'll save my judgement on him until after a full season with the Griffins. He's definitely going through a tough adjustment from junior to pro but I still have confidence in him becoming a solid third line winger with a chance at second line duties at the NHL level.

#5 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:24 PM

Martin frk seems to be a bust unfortunately. I had high hopes for him. I know he wouldn't be in this tournament anyway. Can't wait to see little Bert, axel, Larkin, and especially mantha

A lot of the same things were said about Jurco after his first year in the AHL.

Lets hope Frk can turn it around like he did.

#6 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

Updated

http://www.theleftwi...nt-camp-roster/

Edited by PumpkinEscobar, 30 June 2014 - 08:46 PM.

#7 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:52 PM

Oh I definitely hope he can turn it around

#8 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:21 PM

I only got to watch Frk play when he was in the worlds. He seemed like a force out there during that time and I got really excited about him then. I hope he rediscovers that game at a pro level soon.

#9 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

Hampus Melen must still be injured or still playing in Sweden so I'm glad we gave a tryout to Hampus Gustafsson to fullfill our organizational need for more Hampus.

#10 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:43 PM

Who is this Hampus Gustafsson anyway??

#11 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:04 PM

Did somebody say Hampus Melen?

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#12 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:04 PM

Who is this Hampus Gustafsson anyway??

I have no idea. I think most of the free agent invitees are pretty unknown unless their last names are Chelios or Babcock. 

Just a funny name. Speaking of which, I see we also invited the Spink twins.

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...or-colgate.html

Daniel and Henrik part deux? We also invited their linemate, who the link says is Bobby Baun's grandson.

#13 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:34 PM

Is anybody going to be attending?...Wife and I are in Petoskey for three months and I'm thinking about heading over there to catch some of this.

#14 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

@detroithockey96: Ha! The Wings gave Axel Holmstrom No 96 for Development Camp.

Bless

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#15 DannyD

DannyD

Rookie

• Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:31 PM

Really excited to hear about Larkin, AA and Mantha from camp. I feel like AA has been forgotten about among people on here because of Mantha hype. AA had 49 goals and 46 assists in 66 games.. He had 12 points in 11 playoff games as well.

Something interesting I noticed. Marchenko is the only one of the NHL level D prospects invited to camp. No Ouellete, Sproul, Bäckman, or Jensen. Anyone have any idea why?

#16 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:03 PM

Really excited to hear about Larkin, AA and Mantha from camp. I feel like AA has been forgotten about among people on here because of Mantha hype. AA had 49 goals and 46 assists in 66 games.. He had 12 points in 11 playoff games as well.

Something interesting I noticed. Marchenko is the only one of the NHL level D prospects invited to camp. No Ouellete, Sproul, Bäckman, or Jensen. Anyone have any idea why?

I think Marchenko only joined the Griffins half way through the year so he would have been in Russia and wouldn't have been around for last year's camp. Jensen, Sproul, etc. probably went to last years camp. That's my theory, but I have nothing to back that up really.

Agreed on AA. After the Jarnkrok trade, everyone said we have no center prospects, but AA plays Center (as well as LW) and Mattias Janmark, who did quite well in Sweden (why is he not at the camp?).

#17 DannyD

DannyD

Rookie

• Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

I think Marchenko only joined the Griffins half way through the year so he would have been in Russia and wouldn't have been around for last year's camp. Jensen, Sproul, etc. probably went to last years camp. That's my theory, but I have nothing to back that up really.

Agreed on AA. After the Jarnkrok trade, everyone said we have no center prospects, but AA plays Center (as well as LW) and Mattias Janmark, who did quite well in Sweden (why is he not at the camp?).

Ah. I'm not sure if Marchenko was at camp last year or not, but that would make sense. 

I'm imagining a future line with AA and Helm and drooling over the speed...

#18 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

I wonder if Holland will pull some strings to get Cleary in on the tourney

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing. The goalie then gives up, and flops like a fish. The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#19 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:16 PM

Ah. I'm not sure if Marchenko was at camp last year or not, but that would make sense. 

I'm imagining a future line with AA and Helm and drooling over the speed...

Larkin is pretty damn fast also

#20 ahkmed

ahkmed

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:37 PM

probably because he missed the last half of the AHL season and playoffs due to a broken ankle, so they might be giving him an early start to look at his conditioning after the summer