• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Secret

AO #8 Grants Fan's Request for Date

Rate this topic

My friend who is a capital fan posted this on Facebook. It was amazing for him to do that. Cute girl, man I wish yzerman or fedorov would have taken me on a man date when I was a kid, she will remember that as the best moments of her life for a long time, such a small thing for ovie to do, and yet such a huge thing for that girl. Hope for humanity restored!

My friend who is a capital fan posted this on Facebook. It was amazing for him to do that. Cute girl, man I wish yzerman or fedorov would have taken me on a man date when I was a kid, she will remember that as the best moments of her life for a long time, such a small thing for ovie to do, and yet such a huge thing for that girl. Hope for humanity restored!

I spent 10-15 minutes waiting for carry out with Steve Yzerman in that little room off the side of Hunter House in Birmingham when I was 12 or 13. Not quite a man-date, but it was an incredible experience. My mom sent me alone from the car to order and wait, and he walked in just a minute or so after I did. Before I saw his face, I was a little scared because he had this black leather trench coat on that just made him look a bit ominous. Then I saw his face and instantly started freaking out inside, but I tried to stay cool. All I could mutter at first anyways was, "Hi, umm, can I just shake your hand???" He was really friendly but I remember even from that young age how shy he seemed, though he was very friendly and incredibly humble and gracious. He was my favorite player and hero from a very young age, so once I got talking I really went off and he was just very cool about it and had no problems talking with me about my hockey team and what position I played and when I told him I always fought to get number 19, he seemed honored. We left at the same time and my mom recognized him and waived and he smiled and waived back. She couldn't believe my good fortune and said, "aren't you glad you went in to get the food now?!?" It was just a really cool, unique and random experience that I won't soon forgot.