• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

Kings fined $100K for allowing Slava Voynov to practice w/ team

Rate this topic

The Los Angeles Kings have been fined $100,000 for violating the terms of defenseman Slava Voynov's suspension, the National Hockey League announced today.

What a stupid thing to do...

http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comments/la-kings-fined-100k-for-allowing-slava-voynov-to-practice-with-team?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by Jersey Wing

I saw that.

I can't quite figure out what they were thinking.

If they did it back when the NHL wouldn't give them cap relief I could see it as a protest move, but since the league finally granted that relief, this is a head scratcher.

Darryl Sutter's explanation:

It was an optional skate and everybody went. (Voynov) is supposed to come out after with the injured guys, right after practice. Everybody (skated) today. It was an optional skate, and normally he goes out with injured players after practice or by himself after practice. Today he was out there early.

The league or Voynov?

This case is weird to begin with. Voynov claims he is innocent as does his wife, and there is no evidence either way. Then you have a DA who seems to just want to get in the press and make a name for himself, and decided to file charges anyway. I dunno...

Team's statement:

Los Angeles Kings statement:

“This was clearly a mistake on our part and we accept full responsibility. It is incumbent upon us to be more vigilant in managing this situation to ensure that Slava’s allowable training activities always remain separate from the team.”

Considering the whole team was on the ice for an "optional" practice, it's hard to believe it was just an oversight. I'm just not sure what their thinking was.

The league or Voynov?

This case is weird to begin with. Voynov claims he is innocent as does his wife, and there is no evidence either way. Then you have a DA who seems to just want to get in the press and make a name for himself, and decided to file charges anyway. I dunno...

Actually, the police have reason to believe he beat the living s*** out of her due to her injuries and people can be prosecuted for domestic violence even of the victim doesn't press charges.

The league or Voynov?

It would make sense she doesn't want him to get into trouble, because he's the family cash cow.

I'm not sure I understand this statement.

The NHL actions against Voynov and Kings are disgusting.

And PA (what a worthless entity!) is even more disgusting now.

Guest DeGraa55

Ya I'm confused while you are mad? He is allowed to skate after his team with the injured players I believe?

He just isn't allowed to with the team. Nor should he be aloud to while he is suspended.

The NHL actions against Voynov and Kings are disgusting.

And PA (what a worthless entity!) is even more disgusting now.

Ya sure an entity that's protecting workers rights and the well being of their employees is worthless unbelievable.

The NHLs action against Voynov will and should be a lot harder if he did beat up his wife I mean what kind of ***** does someone has to be to beat up his wife. If he is that tough how about going toe toe with Caine Velasquez...If I'm the owner of the Kings and it turns out that he is guilty I would void his contract, period.

Edited by frankgrimes

So he shouldn't be punished for beating his wife?

The NHLs action against Voynov will and should be a lot harder if he did beat up his wife I mean what kind of ***** does someone has to be to beat up his wife. If he is that tough how about going toe toe with Caine Velasquez...If I'm the owner of the Kings and it turns out that he is guilty I would void his contract, period.

Who said he did it?!

NHL may wait for court decision.

They felt they could allow Dany Heatley on the ice as soon as he was ready physically (4 month after he killed his teammate) and court decision came months later...

Or you're saying beating a person is much worse than killing one?

Edited by ami

No one here is saying he did, or didn't do it.

Most People are posting the facts that they have seen, and people have posted that the kings are dumb for letting this mistake happen, which even the kings have owned up to.

The ones who have seemingly already made there mind up unto his responsibility or guilt have still, from what I've seen prefaced their comments with the word IF, which is an important word in a sentence when it pertains to such accusations.

No need to get riled up, or form vitriolic opinions of people based on assumptions that they themselves have not stated are fact.

So chill.

Were all waiting for the facts to come out too, until then.

It was a boneheaded mistake on the part of the kings to not keep him separate from the active roster.

Which they have admitted to.

As to the comment calling the NHL disgusting...

They got on the right sight of a possibly horrible turn of events.

If the courts find him innocent.

Fine.

But on the off hand that he did do this, I don't want him anywhere near the NHL, even if for the fact that it separates us from the bull**** that the NFL did.

In America, you are innocent until proven guilty.

But with instances such as this, the NHL is smart to keep him away from the game.

He was still gettingpaid, and he makes enough to stay afloat until the trial, and I'm not sure if he is or isn't getting paid still, but keeping him off the ice gives him motivation to get the trial over with.

Youre more than entitled to your opinion.

But don't take your anger out on people on a forum If they disagree with it.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Who said he did it?!

NHL may wait for court decision.

They felt they could allow Dany Heatley on the ice as soon as he was ready physically (4 month after he killed his teammate) and court decision came months later...

Or you're saying beating a person is much worse than killing one?

Slava, is that you?

But on the off hand that he did do this, I don't want him anywhere near the NHL, even if for the fact that it separates us from the bull**** that the NFL did.

What about Dany Heatley then? He was indicted with second order vehicular homicide and has been playing since...

What about Dany Heatley then? He was indicted with second order vehicular homicide and has been playing since...

He ACCIDENTALLY killed his best friend.

And if you're so keen on observing the court ruling...

He did his sentence.

Snyder's parents pleaded he wouldn't go to prison for heatleys part in what happened.

If you find it disgusting that the NHL got out of ahead of the possibility of voynovs domestic violence charges, fine.

Disagree with that.

I have no problem with you thinking they should slow down the decision making the NHL made in preemptively suspending him before the courts settled on what to do with him.

Just don't bring up something that I'm sure he regrets every day.

When I was a kid I drove my car faster than my friends thought was safe because I knew my car.

But my car didn't go 200+ mph.

Just.

All I'm saying is, don't get pissed off at people for disagreeing with you.

Especially when it comes to a domestic violence case.

There's too many variables, ya know bel Ami?

If you think that harming someone through negligence and stupidity/bad choices/being a jackass is comparable to (allegedly) making the conscious choice to *beat someone you love*, then refer to my previous post--I really don't know what to ******* say.

He ACCIDENTALLY killed his best friend.

And if you're so keen on observing the court ruling...

He did his sentence.

Snyder's parents pleaded he wouldn't go to prison for heatleys part in what happened.

If you find it disgusting that the NHL got out of ahead of the possibility of voynovs domestic violence charges, fine.

Disagree with that.

I have no problem with you thinking they should slow down the decision making the NHL made in preemptively suspending him before the courts settled on what to do with him.

Just don't bring up something that I'm sure he regrets every day.

When I was a kid I drove my car faster than my friends thought was safe because I knew my car.

But my car didn't go 200+ mph.

Just.

All I'm saying is, don't get pissed off at people for disagreeing with you.

Especially when it comes to a domestic violence case.

There's too many variables, ya know bel Ami?

First of all, I'm not talking about court rulings.

There is NO court ruling in Voynov case yet.

And THIS is exactly my point: Heatley was allowed to play without court decision while charged with first-order vehicle homicide. Voynov was suspended even before he was charge with anything.

So the Snyder's plead matters for you, but Voynov wife's does not. Why, may I ask?

Secondly, I am not pissed at people who has different opinions. I am pissed at actions NHL taking in this case (and no actions on PA side :).

And lastly, if Voynov is indicted by court, he will do his sentence and NHL will impose whatever they find appropriate. BUT NOT BEFORE HE FOUND GUILTY.

If you think that harming someone through negligence and stupidity/bad choices/being a jackass is comparable to (allegedly) making the conscious choice to *beat someone you love*, then refer to my previous post--I really don't know what tof****** say.

I am not comparing Heatly's and Voynov's actions. I am comparing NHL action in these two cases. See the difference?

ps. I am glad you use word allegedly.

Edited by ami

What the courts charged heatley with, And the fact that voynov is, or will be charged with physically harming someone of lesser physical strength has less to do with it than the current scope of the societal landscape today, as it does with the specific charges that occured.

With the charges that occurred then, they had no reason to suspect wring doing, especially when in court, when the parents of the victim(Snyder, in this case) pleaded in the other way.

If the parents of his wife said other wise, now a days, the money is more of a facor than Ever before.

But With the surrounding issues applied to the current situations, its much less a problem to assume guilt until innocence is proven. ( yes, this is wrong, but playing in the NHL is a priviledge(sp?) not a right, as in then twas the opposite to subdue the current charges(whether right or wrong) with the inference of talent level) is more of norm given the scope of the league.

Whether or not he's guilty relies more upon the courts than it ever had before.

And especially given that nature of the beast in the current spectrum with the notority of sport which has never been higher, There is a larger level of suspected guilt. Especially when ina situation such as this, given the climate of things.(NFL's problems with sponsorship and what not)

This is why its negligible that he has been paid for so long, NoT that he's innocent or guilty, just that its a possibility of him being guilty, and our league doesn't have the popularity to be given the benefit of doubt.

And once again, whether right or wrong, the chances that he did what he's accused of are worthy if his punishment as to the possibility of guilt.

I'm fine with guilty until proven innocent when it comes to certain things, whether or not he's been proven to be at fault.

This is one of those occasions, where whether or not the outcome has a negative affect, the possibility of his crimes makes his delayed punishment Worth the press as to the press they'd have to accommodate with his innocent.

SK the nhls taking the high road.

And if there's a chance he's guilty, that is the correct choice.

Ya know ?

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter