• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Playmaker

NHL Mumps Outbreak

Rate this topic

Guest Playmaker

Looks like Sidney Crosby is the latest to be afflicted. Very bizarre, yet fascinating.

Heaven forbid anyone get vaccinated.

But but vaccinations cause mental retardation and the mercury!

Seriously.

I don't get that whole trend.

But SIDS face is ridiculously swollen...

And I read somewhere that they did actually vaccinate every one in the league.

Its baffling how many people have it though, doesn't nj have like five guys out with it right now?

That's weird thought he just tested negative?

Seems like this could be a false negative. Unfortunately there aren't a whole lot of tests in the medical field that are 100% sensitive and 100% specific. It sounds like they're waiting for confirmation from another series.

But but vaccinations cause mental retardation and the mercury!

Seriously.

I don't get that whole trend.

But SIDS face is ridiculously swollen...

And I read somewhere that they did actually vaccinate every one in the league.

Its baffling how many people have it though, doesn't nj have like five guys out with it right now?

This trend is incredibly frustrating, irresponsible, and dangerous. Considering how many players have already been tested positive for mumps, I highly doubt the league has mandated vaccines.

Guest DeGraa55

Are vaccinations no longer a requirement in schools? I'm not that old, but getting an MMR shot used to be required to even enter elementary school as a child.

Ya I'm 24 and I'm about 95% certain that was the case when I went to school.

I can't remember all the shots I was suppose to have but I thought there was a few mandatory then a few optional.

Are vaccinations no longer a requirement in schools? I'm not that old, but getting an MMR shot used to be required to even enter elementary school as a child.

A lot of parents have been choosing not to vaccinate their kids because of that all natural lifestyle trend.

Which is horribly irresponsible.

There was something like 10% of children who weren't vaccinated.

Guest Playmaker

A lot of parents have been choosing not to vaccinate their kids because of that all natural lifestyle trend.

Which is horribly irresponsible.

There was something like 10% of children who weren't vaccinated.

You're spreading misinformation, just as those who are against vaccinations do. The Mumps vaccine is only about 85% effective under the best of circumstances. As with the recent Ohio State outbreak, most of those who contracted the disease were vaccinated.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24878591/mumps-continues-spreading-through-nhl-can-it-be-stopped

"There is no indication at this time that this is the mumps, but we are going to hold him out as a precaution," Rutherford said. "We'll have additional test results in a few days."

It seems to me they are awaiting official results. No indication? Other than a swollen parotid gland, not feeling well and a dozen other players who've had it. But besides that........

I can't find the article, but it calculated that if the percentage of our population that wasn't vaccinated reached a certain level the amount of infections it would cause would be worse than the plague. And it was referring to the ten percent of the population if a major city or something.

Its not misinformation, i just didn't go into detail.

Which there's honestly no point in.

Ha

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Crosby rule 2.0? Any attempt to mump, or accidentally mumping, another player in the head is expressly forbidden by the NHL. Players attempted a clean check are responsible for their salivary glands, spittle, and all other oral residue. Any player found in violation of these rules will be assessed a game misconduct and will be required to forfeit one of their lymph nodes to Sidney Crosby.

Guest DeGraa55

In Ontario every child is supposed to get the MMR vaccine at age 1 and at age 4 years. Its free too.

That's how it should be.

I just don't understand why some people would choose not to.

In Ontario every child is supposed to get the MMR vaccine at age 1 and at age 4 years. Its free too.

That's because your commie country has commie healthcare. I'd rather stand on a pile of mumps riddled children than sacrifice the sacred bond between my money and the multi-national insurance companies who provide ever more expensive, and barely adequate, insurance.

But off that subject.

Sidney Crosby's a chode, am I right?

That's because your commie country has commie healthcare. I'd rather stand on a pile of mumps riddled children than sacrifice the sacred bond between my money and the multi-national insurance companies who provide ever more expensive, and barely adequate, insurance.

But off that subject.

Sidney Crosby's a chode, am I right?

He may be a chode but he's got lips like Lana Del Ray.