• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroith99

2017 Winter Classic Red wings vs. Blue Jackets?

Rate this topic

The Blues biggest star is for sure Alex Pietrangelo and the problem I could see is like you've mentioned whom are you going to play? Hawks have been overused other than them I don't know who's your most hated rival and where would you play it ? I guess the Rams stadium ?

I really don't know but I think new teams would be nice but it needs to be a rivalry and at least one team has to have a huge fanbase

Oshie is a shootout superstar but I doubt he is a house hold name like mentioned Alex P. Or Backes

Edited by frankgrimes

You were losing me when you said Oshie was a household name. I was lost when you said it was because of a shootout.

Hopefully the rest made more sense.

Really? The winter olympics...the shootout in the USA vs. Russia game when Oshie took like 8 (or however many) shootout attempts in a row. That doesn't ring a bell? It was a pretty big deal.

The Blues biggest star is for sure Alex Pietrangelo and the problem I could see is like you've mentioned whom are you going to play? Hawks have been overused other than them I don't know who's your most hated rival and where would you play it ? I guess the Rams stadium ? I really don't know but I think new teams would be nice but it needs to be a rivalry and at least one team has to have a huge fanbase Oshie is a shootout superstar but I doubt he is a house hold name like mentioned Alex P. Or Backes

Pietrangelo? Our biggest star?

Nope.

Why do people think that?

Tarasenko is our biggest star right now. It's not even close really.

Petro was supposed to be our biggest star by now as there was a ton of hype around him and he got off to a nice start his first year or two, but he hasn't played that well the last two seasons at all. He has played better of late though, maybe the last 8 games or so...but some think that is a byproduct of the team playing really well around him. Petro isn't even our best defenseman. That honor belongs to Shattenkirk, who is having a great year and has been very good for us ever since we acquired him from Colorado in the Erik Johnson trade. I'd put him behind Bouwmeester as well on our depth chart, even though a lot of people think Petro is our top D-man, when that just isn't the case right now. He plays against the other team's top lines and get's #1 minutes...but trust me, he isn't a #1 guy right now. He'll show flashes of great play, then make a bonehead mistake that leads to a goal. It happens a lot. He really needs to find some consistency in his game. The talent is there though, no doubt.

The Rams play indoors. So that isn't a possibility for an outdoor game.

The venue would be Busch Stadium if it was held in St. Louis.

Question because I'm too lazy to go look but has there been a Pens/Flyers winter classic? Of not, there should be because that's a rivalry.

The NHL wants a rivalry game outdoors, but not the Flyers/Penguins kind of rivalry. As much as most of us hardcore fans love the rough passionate games between them, the casual fans that the outdoor games are for do not want to watch fights.

The NHL would want nothing to do with a fight filled game that Philly vs Pittsburgh is likely to produce.

Question because I'm too lazy to go look but has there been a Pens/Flyers winter classic? Of not, there should be because that's a rivalry.

The NHL wants a rivalry game outdoors, but not the Flyers/Penguins kind of rivalry. As much as most of us hardcore fans love the rough passionate games between them, the casual fans that the outdoor games are for do not want to watch fights.

The NHL would want nothing to do with a fight filled game that Philly vs Pittsburgh is likely to produce.

I really doubt they care much as long as the ratings are through the roof. The average fan might not even know about the outdoor games unless they see those gigantic flyers.

How do you turn the average fan into a more interested one by showing them exciting games .

As far as the Blues yeah Tarasenko has a great year but Backes is the face of this team. Pietrangelo may not have the best season but this guy will be one if not the best defender in the nhl soon.

As for Predsfan well Wild Preds could turn into a nice rivalry because of the owner saga but do both teams have a large enough following ? Also nobody cares about the stadium series so if isn't the overused WC why bother ? Don't get me wrong I'd say the exactly same thing if the Wings would be playing in a SS.

Edited by frankgrimes

Chicago Blackhawks playing in another Winter Classic= :zzz::shocking::rolleyes::annoyed::omg:

btw:i have given up hope on ever seeing Nashville playing in a Winter Classic(just happy that they are hosting the all-star game next year)

I know it's only been ten minutes since Chicago has been there... And when was the last time Detroit hosted the all-star game. Ask Gordie. Lol

Edited by KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Detroit vs Minnesota - on Lake Superior.

Columbus? How about we actually play them in a playoff series at least once?

Edit: I forgot about the sweep in 08-09 playoffs... What a "rivalry". OK how about they win one playoff game against the Wings first.

Edited by evilmrt

Detroit vs Minnesota - on Lake Superior.

Columbus? How about we actually play them in a playoff series at least once?

Edit: I forgot about the sweep in 08-09 playoffs... What a "rivalry". OK how about they win one playoff game against the Wings first.

Be careful what you wish for, they could pull a Nashville on us. Also I don't hate the matchup so much as the whole premise of it. They are trying to force rivalries, cash in on big money teams (Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh... Etc)

I would love to see a Calgary Vancouver with torts as special guest referee though.

I feel like it's become 'cool' to blindly hate on the WC.

Personally, I like the idea of the WC and have since it started.

Sure, when the Wings aren't in it, my interest wanes, but I would never begrudge another team's fanbase the chance to be a part of that experience.

Everyone is caught up in the 'it's gotta be rivals'. No, not really, at the end of the day it's just another regular season game in a (potentially) cool venue. It doesn't have to be a RIVALSSZZZZZZZ! game at all. Sure, perhaps, that may make it more fun for the fans, but this is just 1 of 82 games that still have to get played, regardless of rival status.

I know it's only been ten minutes since Chicago has been there... And when was the last time Detroit hosted the all-star game. Ask Gordie. Lol

It'll happen after they open the new arena. I guarantee it. It'll be a coming out party for the new arena.

Edited by FireCaptain