• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

2015 Draft

Rate this topic

I'm not going to judge too early on this draft because Holland and co. have proven successful at the draft table, but I'm not at all impressed so far either. Really haven't addressed and needs in my opinion. Big skilled Russian winger looks good, but undersized defenseman and a goaltender... Not impressed...

But we do need a goalie with Mrazek moving up and we got a RH defenceman. Those sound like our needs to me

last thing we need is a goalie ... we been bitching forever that we need defensemen but we get a 5;9 dman that didnt look good in his short stint at ushl and returned back to finland

and now a goalie when some defensemen to be had are still available

Uh, we definitely do need a goalie. This isn't drafting for today, it's for several years down the road. And we lack organizational depth in net for the future.

Under Howard and Mrazek we have McCollum (if he re-signs), Paterson and Perry... How many goalies do we need? A backup / minor league goalie has got to be the easiest position to fill via free agency. I don't believe a goaltender was a need. Certainly not more so than defensemen...

Yeah, we did pick a defenseman. But how often do 5'9" defenders make the NHL, let alone become an impact player?

Like I said, I'm not going to judge too much too early, but at an initial look, so far I'm not at all impressed with out picks after Svechnikov...

Under Howard and Mrazek we have McCollum (if he re-signs), Paterson and Perry... How many goalies do we need? A backup / minor league goalie has got to be the easiest position to fill via free agency. I don't believe a goaltender was a need. Certainly not more so than defensemen...

Yeah, we did pick a defenseman. But how often do 5'9" defenders make the NHL, let alone become an impact player?

Like I said, I'm not going to judge too much too early, but at an initial look, so far I'm not at all impressed with out picks after Svechnikov...

I am really surprised this is a post from you.

McCollum is most likely not going to re-sign here. Paterson and Perry are not good enough and once Howard is gone and Mrazek is our starter down the road we have absolutely no one unless we start using assets on a goalie which I don't want to happen.

Defensemen that is comparable to Vatanen and is faster then Darren Helm. Yea I have 0 issues with that pick.

Edited by darkmanx

Coreau and McCollum are kind of at the up or out point with the team...that leaves only Paterson and Perry in the system for the future. No problem with adding a guy who will probably stay in Sweden for two years

yup dont understand this draft at all

defensemen also take longer to develop and when all these young forwards we have coming up are ready we wont have any defensemen

Yea, because we can't trade any of our forwards for defensemen...

Pretty sure you are just trolling at this point?

Why is everyone assuming McCollum is gone? I wouldn't be at all surprised if he resigns and stays in Grand Rapids. All the fans are so sure that Howard is on his way out so why wouldn't McCollum be thinking the same thing? With Howard "100% on his way out" maybe Tommy Boy can make his way up as a backup to Mrazek. Also, why are Paterson and Perry not viewed as guys for Grand Rapids? And like I said, we have our number 1 in Detroit. Filling a backup / minor league role has to be the easiest to fill. There are always a dozen options in free agency every year...

Why is everyone assuming McCollum is gone? I wouldn't be at all surprised if he resigns and stays in Grand Rapids. All the fans are so sure that Howard is on his way out so why wouldn't McCollum be thinking the same thing? With Howard "100% on his way out" maybe Tommy Boy can make his way up as a backup to Mrazek. Also, why are Paterson and Perry not viewed as guys for Grand Rapids? And like I said, we have our number 1 in Detroit. Filling a backup / minor league role has to be the easiest to fill. There are always a dozen options in free agency every year...

If McCollum is our backup in the NHL we are screwed. Plain and simple.

McCollum probably won't resign seeing that he has no chance of moving up here. Its a long shot for Paterson or Perry to be NHL goalies. We need to have someone in line for the NHL who can fill in for injuries or become the backup if a possible goalie controversy forces either Howard or Mrazek out in a few years.

Vili Saarijarvi is listed at 5'10" in most places I've found. He's small, but there's plenty of players in the league at that size. We do actually have some size on D (though many will say they don't play large)

just noticed our pick is right in the middle of jaros and vainio ... nice slap

ya so lets never draft defensemen and keep trading forwards

Do you know how asset management works? You deal in a position of surplus. We have way too many forwards, someone is going to be traded.

I didn't say McCollum should be or would be our backup. I'm saying that with Howard being traded being such a sure thing by fans, why wouldn't McCollum be thinking the exact same thing, and sign a new contract for the chance to emerge as the backup...