• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

2015 Draft

Rate this topic

One kid I was hoping we would draft (for personal reasons) but am absolutely shocked he didn't get drafted at all, is local kid Nathan Noel. He's a right handed winger, not overly big at 5'11", 172lbs. but he was ranked 54 by NHL Central Scouting. He was drafted 3rd overall in the Q two years ago and had very reasonable numbers. He scored just under a point per game with the Sea Dogs last season. How does he go undrafted through 7 rounds?...

Edited by krsmith17

One kid I was hoping we would draft (for personal reasons) but am absolutely shocked he didn't get drafted at all, is local kid Nathan Noel. He's a right handed winger, not overly big at 5'11", 172lbs. but he was ranked 54 by NHL Central Scouting. He was drafted 3rd overall in the Q two years ago and had very reasonable numbers. He scored just under a point per game with the Sea Dogs last season. How does he go undrafted through 7 rounds?...

Sounds like a steal as an unrestricted free agent

I'm down for inviting him and others to camp and try and get a few more guys in our system

So Paterson and Perry don't have a shot at NHL duty but Van Pottelberghe absolutely does... Give me a break. Both of these kids have just as good a shot at being NHLers as this kid. Besides, we're going to need a backup within a few years if Howard is traded. That won't be any of these kids. It will be a free agent signing...

I've watched Paterson he isn't that good.

I guess it's the same as Tyler Johnson being passed up by every team.

Was anybody else aware that Malkin was rumored to be being shopped? Would we even have what it takes to do that deal even if we're willing to trade Larkin/Mantha/1sts?

We absolutely have the assets. However, it would destroy our team.

We need defensemen right now.

Did Anyone else see the interview with Colin White after he was drafted and think he may have something wrong with him?

He reminded me of Patrick star.

https://youtu.be/lSmOsSpFhA8

At the end of the video.

What can the fans expect to see from you, "yeah uhhhhhh, two way game, uhhhhhh little things to help to win, yayuhhhhhhh uuuuhmmmm help guys in locker rooms uhhhhhhhhhhh."

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Did Anyone else see the interview with Colin White after he was drafted and think he may have something wrong with him?

He reminded me of Patrick star.

https://youtu.be/lSmOsSpFhA8

At the end of the video.

What can the fans expect to see from you, "yeah uhhhhhh, two way game, uhhhhhh little things to help to win, yayuhhhhhhh uuuuhmmmm help guys in locker rooms uhhhhhhhhhhh."

He looks scared as hell to me being interviewed.

Yeah, some people find it difficult to speak in front of people, let alone in front of millions of people on national TV. Imagine home nerve racking it must be to be interviewed for the first time on such a large stage as an 17-18 year old kid. I'm much older than these guys and I'd never be able to do it. There would be a hell of a lot more "uuuughh's" and "uuuuhmm's" from me, that's for damn sure...

Who wouldn't? This is the first time these people are speaking in front of such a big crowd with all the media, friends and family that's not an easy task.

If I were one of them I'd prefer to just go to the team, then get my schedule and be done with it. I mean these kids just got drafted their minds are still trying to realize all this so I'm sure they aren't focused on doing useless interviews.

Completely agree with krsmith17 and Frank. I was recently interviewed for the news, and half of the stuff I said probably made me sound like an idiot. When you have a microphone in your face, and know that there are a ton of people watching, it can cause major anxiety. My experience was just for the local news and I am in my early 30's. This kid is a teenager and is speaking to the world.

So no one else wants to call him Patrick star with me, fine!

Ha.

He wasn't the only awkward interview, he was just the one I felt bad for most.

I know he's just a kid talking to the media, and he was probably just a bit freaked out but I thought it was funny.

Very cringeworthy.

I think Kessels was worse.

Kessel.gif

Other than Andersson, I wasn't impressed at all when watching Van Pottelberghe during international games. I even think that for some games, other goalies would have been better options. Personally, I think that he's overrated because he moved to Sweden early. Has unique skills but gave up far too many goals when I saw him. You'll never know how young goaltenders will develop and his skillset certainly justifies an NHL-draftpick but I don't like that idea that we've just given up a 4th rounder for him. To me, he's too much of a wildcard as of now as he didn't show too much performancewise. But he must have shown Andersson something more in Sweden...otherwise I don't think Kenny would have invested a 4th rounder.

Edited by poel

Awesome story about the Wings' last pick, Adam Marsh. Considered a "problem" by some, he may turn out to be a late round steal. This may be the first pick that has Blashill written all over it, given that the kid was originally drafted by the Indy Ice, Blash's former team.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ct-hockey-billet-family-adam-marsh-spt-1123-20141121-column.html#page=1