• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
thegerkin

Crazy KHL hockey fight involving Cory Emmerton

Rate this topic

Crazy KHL hockey fight could end in assault charges

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/02/17/crazy-khl-hockey-fight-could-end-in-assault-charges/

Emmerton, 26, formerly of the Detroit Red Wings, was attacked with just four seconds left in regulation time by 20-year-old Kudreman

The video isn't very clear because the fight happens in the far corner, but it sounds like EmDog needed a few stitches. The incident happened with only a few seconds left of a 5-1 game (EmDog's team won). Such unnecessary garbage.

Couple things here, the title is very very misleading. I came in here thinking this was going to be a big fight with players jumping the boards instead it was a scuffle. Also, reading the article it says he was hit hard so I am thinking of pressing charges because of a cut that ended up with stitches? Am I the only one that thinks this is stupid?

Couple things here, the title is very very misleading. I came in here thinking this was going to be a big fight with players jumping the boards instead it was a scuffle. Also, reading the article it says he was hit hard so I am thinking of pressing charges because of a cut that ended up with stitches? Am I the only one that thinks this is stupid?

I didn't make up the headline, just copied from the article :)

I think it has something more to do with the team he was playing against. I hear they're just a bunch of thugs who assault players all the time. That was a definite dirty play but I think the big deal is that it's a pattern. I team full of Matt Cooke's if you will.

I think it has something more to do with the team he was playing against. I hear they're just a bunch of thugs who assault players all the time. That was a definite dirty play but I think the big deal is that it's a pattern. I team full of Matt Cooke's if you will.

Yeah, I read an article somewhere that said that they've been known to start fights during warm ups and that they used to only be about fighting and stuff like that rather than actually trying to win games.

Vityaz isn't what they used to be. For a few years, they'd have four or five former NHL enforcers/washouts on their roster.

Not anymore.

Yeah, I read an article somewhere that said that they've been known to start fights during warm ups and that they used to only be about fighting and stuff like that rather than actually trying to win games.

Yeah there's another article that talks more about the background of the fight

Alright, I'm sharing my very small Emmerton connection.

My grandma lives next to Emmerton's grandma. She doesn't have a tv so she'd watch some Red Wings games with my Grandparents. Somewhere along the line it was passed along that I was a huge Red Wings fan. He passed along an autographed card for me. He seemed like a really good hardworking guy. Hope everything is alright with him after the fight and concussion.

Not to digress too much but speaking of the cheerleaders on the rafters ... this is way better than HBO 24/7 NHL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVW-vKtyD-E

The content is not enough to overcome the horrible ass rock playing in the video.

People singing with air brought up from the depths of their anus just thoroughly turns me off.