• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Z and D for the C

What changes do you think we'll see with Blashill?

Rate this topic

The same know-it-alls that acted like Babcock possibily going to Toronto was the dumbest thing anyone could think of?

If they're one in the same... *sheesh* I don't even know what to say...

The same know-it-alls that acted like Babcock possibily going to Toronto was the dumbest thing anyone could think of?

Depends. Are the people that over-estimated Babcock's desire to win while under-estimating the importance of money and ego the same people that refuse to under-estimate the importance of Holland? If so, then yes, the same know-it-alls.

Edit: to stay on topic, I'm hoping the goaltending is realgudTM this year so that Blashill can run a system where the F3TM can help Shoot the Puck IN The NetTM in the O-zoneTM and worry less about helping the D.

Edited by rick zombo

Damn Dom, I wouldn't have ever seen that.

Thanks.

I was wondering where he'd fit in with pulks needing to be up, and franzen supposedly being good to go.

That answers that question.

I guarantee Holland signs Zids

really?!?!?!

What makes you say that?

Ha.

Aside from him being a veteran.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Damn Dom, I wouldn't have ever seen that.

Thanks.

I was wondering where he'd fit in with pulks needing to be up, and franzen supposedly being good to go.

That answers that question.

really?!?!?!

What makes you say that?

Ha.

Aside from him being a veteran.

The cheap and safe way to address a need in more ways than one. Holland is too predictable these days Edited by joesuffP

I don't think he will.

Ha.

he was deplorable.

I know he scored a few points for us, but his defense was awful.

I can see Holland striking out on Phaneuf and the big FA's being too pricey so he settles for a guy who would probably come cheap on a short deal. Holland did everything possible to get a defensemen last free agency I don't think anybody in management is satisfied with the defensive lineup

I can see Holland striking out on Phaneuf and the big FA's being too pricey so he settles for a guy who would probably come cheap on a short deal. Holland did everything possible to get a defensemen last free agency I don't think anybody in management is satisfied with the defensive lineup

I'm hoping we either land someone decent, or marchenko and oulette upgrade our defense enough to not worth about bringing him into something that bad.

Smith, pulks, and Weiss?

I heard a rumor about that once.

It's a decent package but it for sure won't return a top 4 defenseman. Maybe add a little bit and try to get Phaneuf

I think you could put Quincey somewhere in the package and see if that could get us a high end defencemen. He's been good the past year and a half, but I still think he'll be gone after next year because of his large caphit.

I would love for us to get Phaneuf but I can't see Babs accepting to take Weiss and Smith. If they really just want to ditch his salary then maybe we can go Quincey+++ since he's in the last year of his contract? Babs would love to have Helm back

Ericsson-Kronwall

Dekeseyer-Phaneuf

Smith- Marchenko

Pretty balanced

Quincey I would imagine would be pretty sought after at the deadline as well

I don't really understand all the Phaneuf love. He's slooooooooooooooooow. Look at how fast the two teams playing in the finals are. Look at how fast the four teams in the conference finals were. The name of the game is speed, especially for a team built like we are. Adding Phaneuf isn't going to make us into the LA Kings, or the Bruins. It's just going to slow down a team that otherwise is built to be quick.

No knock on Dion. In the right system he'd probably be fine. But for us, no thanks.

Edited by kipwinger

I don't really understand all the Phaneuf love. He's slooooooooooooooooow. Look at how fast the two teams playing in the finals are. Look at how fast the four teams in the conference finals were. The name of the game is speed, especially for a team built like we are. Adding Phaneuf isn't going to make us into the LA Kings, or the Bruins. It's just going to slow down a team that otherwise is built to be quick.

No knock on Dion. In the right system he'd probably be fine. But for us, no thanks.

This is why I'm hoping kindl can have a resurgence under blash, he's decently quick, and he can get his shots at the net, which apparently not many others on our team can do.

The speed thing is also why I think smith is so much more valuable in the playoffs than he is in the regular season, once the pace picks up, he doesn't lose any hockey smarts.

He just seems to make boneheaded plays when he tries to slow the game down.

Which is odd, but it makes sense that he'd have learned to think while playing at his speed.

This is why I'm hoping kindl can have a resurgence under blash, he's decently quick, and he can get his shots at the net, which apparently not many others on our team can do.

The speed thing is also why I think smith is so much more valuable in the playoffs than he is in the regular season, once the pace picks up, he doesn't lose any hockey smarts.

He just seems to make boneheaded plays when he tries to slow the game down.

Which is odd, but it makes sense that he'd have learned to think while playing at his speed.

Well, I've always felt that Babcock's system took both Kindl and Smith's best assets away from them. They're guys who excel at carrying the puck up the ice in transition. Yet Babs wanted quick passes from the defense to the forwards, which puts decision making at a premium and opens them up to the forecheck. And god knows they're both vulnerable in those areas.

Both are better when they're allowed to skate with the puck.