• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

SetecX

New arena construction updates

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

What is Eminem doing on that wall with Joe Louis, Gordie Howe, and Aretha Franklin? 

Is the city seriously that proud of this clown?    

21 hours ago, F.Michael said:

How anyone can watch that farce known as the NBA is beyond me.

Oh come on.  I thought you were going to tell us a great story about attending Bucks games in the 70's and watching Kareem do the sky hook.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

What is Eminem doing on that wall with Joe Louis, Gordie Howe, and Aretha Franklin? 

Is the city seriously that proud of this clown?    

Oh come on.  I thought you were going to tell us a great story about attending Bucks games in the 70's and watching Kareem do the sky hook.  

Kid Rock is about to be a senator. Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

What is Eminem doing on that wall with Joe Louis, Gordie Howe, and Aretha Franklin? 

Is the city seriously that proud of this clown?    

Well he is a white rapper that's the best one even out of even all the black ones. Somehow that's important. 

Edited by kickazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kickazz said:

Well he is a white rapper that's the best one even out of even all the black ones. Somehow that's important. 

That's not saying much.  If you look up the list of famous musicians from Detroit, Eminem would be lucky to make the top 20.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

That's not saying much.  If you look up the list of famous musicians from Detroit, Eminem would be lucky to make the top 20.  

Only 17 artists from any time or place have sold more records than Eminem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

Dude is pretty famous.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Only 17 artists from any time or place have sold more records than Eminem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

Dude is pretty famous.

That just means there's lots of idiots in the world.

He's not better than Bob Dylan, The Who, Metallica, David Bowie, Van Halen, and countless others who are listed below him on that list.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

That just means there's lots of idiots in the world.

He's not better than Bob Dylan, The Who, Metallica, David Bowie, Van Halen, and countless others who are listed below him on that list.    

He's a lyrical genious. Just because you don't like his music doesn't mean others don't. I prefer all the musicians/bands you mentioned, but I can appreciate talent. I do like him too though. So I guess I'm just an idiot. :crazy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

He's a lyrical genious. Just because you don't like his music doesn't mean others don't. I prefer all the musicians/bands you mentioned, but I can appreciate talent. I do like him too though. So I guess I'm just an idiot. :crazy:

Lyrical genious?  He's just a white dude who thinks he's black.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Lyrical genious?  He's just a white dude who thinks he's black.  

He is a lyrical genius though. He comes up with lyrics on the spot. Regardless of the type of music whether it's Rap, Rock, Country, Hip Hop, R&B, there are very few people in this world who can come up with good lyrics on the spot and sing it. Eminem is a rare breed that can do such a thing. Not only that he also broke the record for most words in a song. Approx 6.05 words per second. One of the few rappers to win an Oscar award. as well. 

And the reason he's "famous" in Detroit/ USA is because this was a bastard kid that grew up on the streets with a whory mom that didn't provide for him and basically is a self made success/millionaire. Not only that but even with his trash of a past he managed to not only become the most successful musician in modern era but also raised a daughter as a single dad that ended up becoming the valedictorian of her high school. In a way he represents Detroit itself, a city torn up during the civil rights era that's finally rebuilding itself.

The dude isn't just a rap god, dude is a role model. 

 

Edited by kickazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

That just means there's lots of idiots in the world.

He's not better than Bob Dylan, The Who, Metallica, David Bowie, Van Halen, and countless others who are listed below him on that list.    

You said famous; not anything about artistic worth.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

That just means there's lots of idiots in the world.

He's not better than Bob Dylan, The Who, Metallica, David Bowie, Van Halen, and countless others who are listed below him on that list.    

Right but from the list, he's the only one from Detroit. Madonna is from Bay City, Michigan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

That just means there's lots of idiots in the world.

He's not better than Bob Dylan, The Who, Metallica, David Bowie, Van Halen, and countless others who are listed below him on that list.    

Popular ≠ Better

heck Taylor swift is above Eminem in that list

10 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Right but from the list, he's the only one from Detroit. Madonna is from Bay City, Michigan. 

and Stevie Wonder from Saginaw. and way better musician that the aforementioned.

I'm still waiting for someone to mention the insane Clown posse

Edited by NerveDamage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

Popular ≠ Better

heck Taylor swift is above Eminem in that list

and Stevie Wonder from Saginaw. and way better musician that the aforementioned.

I'm still waiting for someone to mention the insane Clown posse

 

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Who would be above him? Mike Posner? ICP

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now