• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

9/22 Exhibition GDT : @ Chicago Blackhawks 5, Red Wings 4 (OT)

Rate this topic

Nope, was ready to dump all those guys for a while now. Don't get confused, not just after one pre-season game, but for about 2 years now, some for longer. But ya, I saw some real good kids tonight that could step right in and no one would miss ANY of the mentioned players.

Sheahan and Glenny eliminate the need for Barbie. Trade him before he loses all his stock.

Youngest Wing tonight was Svechnikov. That kid has the potential to be a beast of Mastodonian proportions. Heavy heavy forecheck, great hands.

As others have said, Jensen, Larkin, and Mantha looked good. McCollum was solid. Smith was solid. Sheahan and Luke were great, as expected. Howard was not sharp at all.

Youngest Wing tonight was Svechnikov. That kid has the potential to be a beast of Mastodonian proportions. Heavy heavy forecheck, great hands.

As others have said, Jensen, Larkin, and Mantha looked good. McCollum was solid. Smith was solid. Sheahan and Luke were great, as expected. Howard was not sharp at all.

Why would Howard look like Sharp even a little? They play different positions and Sharp doesn't even play for the Hawks anymore. Get with it man.

A real smart guy would have known he should go to Buffalo. Home state and the need is there. You've been had Rick Zombo! if that is your real name...

Lehner > Howard

In other news babs and his leafs beat Montreal...

*pffft*

All you have to do to beat Montreal is score more than one goal.

Edited by rick zombo

Did anybody else think that 3 on 3 was stupid? I mean, it was exciting sure. But so is the shootout once you're finally watching it. But 3 on 3 hockey doesn't resemble an organized sport. It resembled a game of keep away between kids on a pond.

Did anybody else think that 3 on 3 was stupid? I mean, it was exciting sure. But so is the shootout once you're finally watching it. But 3 on 3 hockey doesn't resemble an organized sport. It resembled a game of keep away between kids on a pond.

I get the same vibe, but it's an upgrade over the shootout, IMO. It's not "real" hockey, but it's closer. I think it's progress.

Also, I'm still sitting here thinking about how impressed I was by Jensen. I really hope he can put together a couple solid games.

Great showing by the kids. Larkin played great, but I'm still hoping he plays a full season down in Grand Rapids, and in all likelihood he will. Mantha played a good game too and looks to be gaining confidence every game he plays (including intrasquad games). I'm hoping Larkin and Mantha can get a full season playing together, gaining some more chemistry and be a great duo in Detroit in the future. I'm kind of surprised to see so many people say that they weren't impressed with Athanasiou. I thought he was one of our better forwards. He had a few really good looks, lead the team in shots on goal with 5, not including the post he hit, that ended up being an assist on Glendening's game tying goal. Bertuzzi wasn't as noticeable as I was hoping, neither was Pulkkinen, despite his goal. Svechnikov played a good game for an 18 year old kid. I thought the plan was to convert Svech to center... is that still the plan for him in Cape Breton this season? I hope so... I was surprised by both Andersson and Miele and how well they played. I still don't think Andersson should be in the lineup, but good for him. Smith had a decent game, and once again Jensen is impressing in camp / preseason games. I wonder if he will once again be the last defenseman to be sent down... Howard had an awful game, hopefully he can bounce back. And McCollum had a great showing. Overall impressive game against a Stanley Cup winning squad...

Because we've got about 200 NHL ready defensemen. He kinda gets lost in the fray.

I know it's just one pre season game but maybe we should make some way for some people instead of always letting them stay in Grand Rapids forever?

Brendan smith has some speed and tools to help offensively but seems things never get better and he keeps turning the puck over ... Just checked he's 26 , he's not getting any younger or much better at this point

Jensen is rid up there in age with smith, 25 and never got a shot + he's the right handed dman we always wanted , let's not keep him down cause we got mike green now

I know we won't get rid of smith/kindl before letting them play some games under Blashill but for me personally there's nothing to see ... Ship out those 2 and replace them with 2 of jensen/ouellet/marchenko and rotate games between the 2 of them and maybe a Quincey and when injuries no doubt occur so they both end up with at least 40-55 games

Kids need to get some games in , don't want to start a season with 3-5 rookies in the lineup ... Same thing with the group upfront

Pretty much. I love how they got complaints about the SO being a gimmick so they fixed it by creating another gimmick.